Adding and accessing ITV4 via 'Other Channels'

Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
Forum Member
✭✭
From reading the article on the DS homepage regarding the launch of ITV4, and regarding adding the channel as 'Other Channels' I've been having difficulty actually adding the channel sucessfully. I've added the correct information as stated in the article: 10.758, V, 22.0, 5/6 but all that appears on my screen is 'No signal'.

It's not the end of the world that it doesn't work as its launching officially on Sky channel 120 next Monday, but I've spoken to a few people, and they have managed to watch ITV4 via 'Other Channels' by tapping in the stated information.

If anyone can tell me where I'm going wrong, or point me in the direction of another way I can watch the channel, I'd be very grateful! I'm missing ol' Dave Letterman and need to see the show soon! :D:D

Ooh, and I apologise if there is another thread or three already started on this subject! :)

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello, im getting itv4 fine try this.

Simply follow these steps:
    1. Go to the 'Services' menu
    2. Select'System Setup'
    3. Select 'Add Channels'
    4. Add the following:
    Frequency (GHz) - '10.758'
    Polarization - V
    Symbol Rate - 22.0
    FEC - 5/6
    5. Select 'Find Channels'
    6. Locate '10072' which is a test for ITV4

ITV4 will launch free-to-air next Monday on EPG 120.
  • AakenAaken Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that is the correct data and I just checked and it is still showing 10072 for ITV4.

Have you exceeded your Extra channels quota. Only 20 on some boxes. If so delete one.
  • Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by si.stanhope
    hello, im getting itv4 fine try this.

Simply follow these steps:
    1. Go to the 'Services' menu
    2. Select'System Setup'
    3. Select 'Add Channels'
    4. Add the following:
    Frequency (GHz) - '10.758'
    Polarization - V
    Symbol Rate - 22.0
    FEC - 5/6
    5. Select 'Find Channels'
    6. Locate '10072' which is a test for ITV4

ITV4 will launch free-to-air next Monday on EPG 120.

Thanks very much for the reply - I'll have a go @ putting it through once again! :)

Also....
    Originally posted by Aaken
    Well that is the correct data and I just checked and it is still showing 10072 for ITV4.

Have you exceeded your Extra channels quota. Only 20 on some boxes. If so delete one.

Thanks for your reply, too! :) I have a good many ITV regional channels added to my 'Other Channels', so I will go and see how many there are, and if there is more than 20, the I will take your advice and delete one. I have recently had an Amstrad box installed, recently being about 2 weeks ago. I previously had a Pace box - the same Pace box I've had since I had Sky installed, which was about 5 years ago.

Thanks again, si.stanhope and Aaken :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    It works fine on mine.

Actually I was going to try and find these details so I could add ITV 4 but you've saved me a job sun beam. :D