Options

Existing Sky Customer. Want Sky+. HELP!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi

I'm gonna get Sky+. The options I've been given are £49 with multiroom and £199 without. I'm not to keen on multiroom either. Mainly because of the price. Also, why are the Sky+ and Sky+ 160 boxes the same price??? They're both £200! Weird...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netgem wrote:
    Hi

I'm gonna get Sky+. The options I've been given are £49 with multiroom and £199 without. I'm not to keen on multiroom either. Mainly because of the price. Also, why are the Sky+ and Sky+ 160 boxes the same price??? They're both £200! Weird...

Don't bother.... it used to be good... it now sucks... slow and crashes everytime you try to use the pause or rewind function.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Netgem wrote:
    Hi

I'm gonna get Sky+. The options I've been given are £49 with multiroom and £199 without. I'm not to keen on multiroom either. Mainly because of the price.
    Maybe maths not your strongpoint? ;)

Sky+ and 15 months multiroom = £199 (£49 + £150).

Sky+ without multiroom = £199.

Why wouldn't you want 15 months multiroom for "free"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vodkarev wrote:
    Don't bother.... it used to be good... it now sucks... slow and crashes everytime you try to use the pause or rewind function.
    What does? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Sky+ is great when working most do so get one if you can afford it I know £199 + instalation makes no sence against multiroom £49 installed offer so get multiroom for a year like previous poster said!
    Jim
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    Phone cancellations, explain that you're always missing programs and need something like Sky + - but you're not willing to pay £199 for it and you don't need multiroom.
    Explain that if you can't get Sky + there's not really much point you having sky, and you'll get offered a new box for £65.

It's exactly what I said (and I was being honest - I was going to cancel) and the very helpful customer services girl offering me it straight-away.
  • Options
    noddylpdnoddylpd Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saturday wrote:
    Maybe maths not your strongpoint? ;)

Sky+ and 15 months multiroom = £199 (£49 + £150).

Sky+ without multiroom = £199.

Why wouldn't you want 15 months multiroom for "free"?

I want Sky+ but do not require multiroom as I only have the one TV so no need. I would be more than willing to pay £65 for Sky+ but they never seem to offer it up when I have sent e-mails requesting what deals they can do for me. Maybe I should try calling them as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    noddylpd wrote:
    I want Sky+ but do not require multiroom as I only have the one TV so no need. I would be more than willing to pay £65 for Sky+ but they never seem to offer it up when I have sent e-mails requesting what deals they can do for me. Maybe I should try calling them as well.

You HAVE to go to cancellations - there's a number somewhere in one of the threads from the other week, I'll try and dig it out.
    Normal customer services can't offer the deal - it's only cancellations that can, and I think they do only give it if they believe you will cancel.

[edit] 0870 548485.

Phone them, hardly any wait (I got through in a minute) and say, politely, you'll have to cancel if you can't get a reasonable price for Sky +. Betcha any money you'll get the same £65 deal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    noddylpd wrote:

I have tried twice to blag a sky+ box out of them... (I have had the full sky package for about 6 years) I was on the phone for about 40mins whilst operator asked supervisor about what they could offer me - and came back with nothing. I also said that I was more than happy to pay what new subscribers get the sky+ boxes for. Don't want to pay multiroom because I do not watch tv upstairs.

Still nothing.

Anyone else had any luck getting 'upgraded' for free/£49.00?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nerthol wrote:
    I have tried twice to blag a sky+ box out of them... (I have had the full sky package for about 6 years) I was on the phone for about 40mins whilst operator asked supervisor about what they could offer me - and came back with nothing.?

Mate - you're calling Customer Services, they can't give you anything that isn't available to everyone.
    Only cancellations (0870 548485) can offer special deals like this - but I guess you'll have to run the risk of actually going through with it in the worst case scenario.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    ourdave wrote:
    Mate - you're calling Customer Services, they can't give you anything that isn't available to everyone.
    Only cancellations (0870 548485) can offer special deals like this - but I guess you'll have to run the risk of actually going through with it in the worst case scenario.

Yeah, I think you are right - I only said that I would drop down to the basic package... Maybe It was not enough of a threat them not getting an extra 20 quid/month out of me!

Can't cancel - my 3 yr old daughter will kill me if she can't watch nick jr :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How cheap can i get sky+ 160?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nerthol wrote:
    Yeah, I think you are right - I only said that I would drop down to the basic package... Maybe It was not enough of a threat them not getting an extra 20 quid/month out of me!

Can't cancel - my 3 yr old daughter will kill me if she can't watch nick jr :(

Even if you cancel - you can get instantly connected back up again a month later.
    netgem wrote:
    How cheap can i get sky+ 160?
    No idea - never thought to ask seeing as they were offering me the new 40 hour box - that'll do me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Today, I have had a call from customer services, after emailing them directly. To cut a long story short, was offered a Sky+ upgrade for £65, with a £16 credit back ot my account. (It'll cover a couple of PPV matches !)

Therefore £49 is all I am out of pocket !
    Installation date is this Saturday (12-11-05) so pretty chuffed all in all........ :):):)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparantly Sky will be able to offer existing customers more attractive offers like Sky+ early in the new year!
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparantly Sky will be able to offer existing customers more attractive offers like Sky+ early in the new year!

Hi

Like Sky+ for £1 :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey dont push your luck.. what you hoping for - a miracle ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    I heard on the radio that Sky are offering Sky+ for £50 without multiroom from November 30th, because they want to do everything they can to lock people in to a new 12 month contract so there are no further drops in subscribtion numbers. so maybe we should all wait until then and see what happens.
    Today, I have had a call from customer services, after emailing them directly. To cut a long story short, was offered a Sky+ upgrade for £65, with a £16 credit back ot my account. (It'll cover a couple of PPV matches !)
    What did you say in your email. I have thought about going ahead and getting my parents to say they will cancel, but my friends father did it, and they refused to help him, they offered him the + box for free but he HAD to take out Multiroom no matter what, so he said cancel then and they did, and after seeing how he could live without it he just got freeview and never went back!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I've said this in another thread, and I'm not sure anyone believes me (!) BUT Dixons were advertising a Sky+ Box in The Sun on Saturday for £49 and the small print suggested this was open to existing and previous Sky customers, providing they pay the £60 installation charge. (Of course, if you take Multiroom, this charge is waived.)

As far as I know this is the first time Sky have sold the box for £49 without obliging you to take Multiroom (although on Sky's website the box is still £199 + installation without Multiroom).

I've scanned the ad and the small print - see for yourself!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I did this yesterday called customer services said I wanted Sky+ but wasn't prepared to pay 199 or take out multiroom as I only have 1 TV. was told to go and buy a portable "Err I don't think so I said" :mad: and asked to be put through to the cancellations dept.
    Told them the crack and asked to cancel, telling them that I could get Telewest Teleport for less a month and no box charge. Got offered a Sky+ box for 65 with free install next Thursday :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    When talking to cancellations be sincere about your actual intention to cancel, ask them to check your subscription records, and don't forget to remind them that if you do proceed to cancel they will almost certainly contact you in the future offering some tasty deal to re-subscribe. Mention this site and how it appears that Sky have a poor reputation for customer service. Appeal to them to prove you wrong and come up with a sensible offer, the result being that you could post a positve outcome on digital spy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    That 0870 number doesn't seem to work for me. Is there a digit missing or something? Or have they just changed it to stop people getting through without an hour on hold first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ascender wrote:
    That 0870 number doesn't seem to work for me. Is there a digit missing or something? Or have they just changed it to stop people getting through without an hour on hold first!

Really sorry - I'd put it down incorrectly in the first place, and then kept copy and pasting it around the place.

It's

0870 548 8485
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you read the T&C's for the £49 offer for a Sky+ box with free fitting it says
    Multiroom subscription: A multiroom subscription costs £10/€15 per month and provides the same subscription channels as you receive under your first Sky digital subscription on a box in another room. You must be a Sky digital subscriber at all times during your multiroom subscription. Minimum contract 12 months (unless first subscription ends earlier).
    From that I would take it that you can get the Sky+ box for £49 and have it installed in place of your existing digibox and have your existing digibox installed elsewhere in the house. If you have been a Sky customer for over 12 months it would infer that you could cancel your primary subscription immediately after the install and the multiroom subscription would end with that cancellation. That would effectively mean that you have bought the Sky+ box for £49 and had multiroom wiring installed for £10 which is a bargain even if you don't want multiroom at that time (you may want it in future). After the cancellation you could resubscribe presumably without having to take multiroom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Just contacted that number and got a new PVR3 incl installation for £65

Thanks very much - I just told the girl I worked shifts, which is true, and I couldnt get to watch what I wanted...

She was very very helpful!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    nerthol wrote:
    Anyone else had any luck getting 'upgraded' for free/£49.00?

1. Ask them for a deal. When they say no, hang up.

2. An hour later phone cancellations and give 28 day notice. By now they will have your requset for a deal on their computer screen.

3. They ask why you are leaving.

4. Give them the you have been a good customer line.

With a bit of arm twisting, I got this deal on 17 Oct, direct from Sky for £99.00 (fitted). There was no point to multy rooms, only 2 of us in the house