TOTP: Reloaded

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,566
Forum Member
I am really enjoying this show at the moment. It is unashamedly cheesy fun. I love the way it doesn't take itself to seriously. I think Fern, Sam and Mark have a great chemistry and JK and Joel just complete the package. They seem to have so much fun making the show and the guests seem to be having a great time. I love sitting watching it on a saturday morning with a huge smile plastered across my face. Great family entertainment. :D:):D

Comments

• Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of a good old fashioned Saturday Morning show. No fuss, no screaming audiences just simple, straightforward but entertaining.

Lessons BBC, maybe this is the way to save TOTP in name at least, when Dick n' Dom finish how about extending it to say 930 -12.00. See how it works.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,566
    Forum Member
    Exactly. I can't stand music shows that take it all too seriously and have screeming crowds etc. These type of shows are supposed to be entertainment shows and at least TOTP:Reloaded is entertaining. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    I admit it. When it was TOTP Saturday, it didn't work. It was cringeworthy, filled with unfunny scripted humour, a complete mish mash of bad editing and Sam & Mark did not gel well with the show. Now we have TOTP Reloaded which has improved the show immensely. It has a much more live feeling and the features of the show arein great humour. Better still are Sam & Mark who have proved themselves to be actually very funny when let loose and, along with the lovely Fearne, have a natural rapport with the guests. And it's also in a lucky position with CD:UK going down the pan since it's relaunch and Popworld slowly becoming a bad charicature of it's former self.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I think "TOTP", I then think "McFly". It's unfortunate.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really enjoying the new format too. It's the most 'fun' and natural of the Saturday shows. I just wish it wasn't head to head with Popworld and CD:UK!
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    When I think "TOTP", I then think "McFly". It's unfortunate.

I think Mcfly are great. They a real nifty little outfit, who write and perform really catchy pop tunes. Nought wrong with a bit of pop. I also like the new look prog. It is great fun and all three are very good at what they do. Sam and Mark generally seem to really like each other and it shows.
    Forum Member
    In fact, next week's show is a special one because digital viewers will get a choice of what music to watch throughout the show and can simply switch between videos and perfomances.
    Forum Member
    Sam and Mark do genuinly seem to be best friends. They're a bit like a younger Ant and Dec!!! :p:D
    Forum Member
    It's amazing how much Sam & Mark have changed from the poor man's Ant & Dec to there own identity which really adds to the show. They've really transformed the show from the way it was in TOTP Saturday and have now made it better than CD:UK and encroaching on the declining standards of Popworld. I only wish it was back to an hours length and repeated at some time on the CBBC Channel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    i love it i think now they have changed it. i tune in weekly it has definetly changed for the better and hope it beats popworld and cduk as they are crap.
    Forum Member
    It was great fun again this morning. LOVED Sam's McFly impressions!!!! Classic!!!!

Ferne: Do Danny!!! Do Danny!!!
    Sam:*singing* OHHHH YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!
    Danny: *Laughing* What's that???
    Sam: That is all you ever do!!!

LMAO
    Forum Member
    Sam: *does impression of Tom from McFly*
    Tom: Great impression
    Sam: See - I should have been in the band!!!
    Forum Member
    Also loved Gary, " Fern if loving you is wrong, I never wanna be right!!!"
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caught this for the first time in ages today and ended up watching the whole show. Couldn't believe how good it was.
    Forum Member
    Perhaps we should send a letter to 'Convert A Viewer'? They've certainly converted me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Same here - if I'm in I watch it every Saturday now. I love Sam and Mark, they make the show for me. I forget they were on Pop Idol now. Today with McFly they were great - the stick they get about 'failed pop careers' is excellent and they seem to be genuinly funny. I agree the comment 'See should have been in the band' was great. Also telling Tom he looked like Danny had me laughing.

Cannot stand the once good CD:UK - if ITV want to save the show GET RID OF MYLEEN KLASS!!!!

Popworld I still find ok - but will only tune in if I know McFly will be on (hangs head in shame of admitting it).
  • CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Claire_M wrote:
    Same here - if I'm in I watch it every Saturday now. I love Sam and Mark, they make the show for me. I forget they were on Pop Idol now. Today with McFly they were great - the stick they get about 'failed pop careers' is excellent and they seem to be genuinly funny. I agree the comment 'See should have been in the band' was great. Also telling Tom he looked like Danny had me laughing.

Cannot stand the once good CD:UK - if ITV want to save the show GET RID OF MYLEEN KLASS!!!!

Popworld I still find ok - but will only tune in if I know McFly will be on (hangs head in shame of admitting it).
    McFly were on all 3 today were they not? They were on TOTP and Popworld at least.
    Forum Member
    I watch Popworld on Sunday afternoons on E4 now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But what was with Fern's Hair?????! :p
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Claire_M wrote:

Dont hang head in shame :o Mcfly are great and i watch anything they are on and i bet im old enough to be your mum. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soapsfan69 wrote:
    But what was with Fern's Hair?????! :p
    I just seen her on a promo after american dad for totp tomorrow, shes still hot as hell.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BUT - whats with Fern's Hair!!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOTP is so much better than CD:UK or Popworld, and in a weird way Sam and Mark are quite buff
    Forum Member
    XxXPETEXxX wrote:
    TOTP is so much better than CD:UK or Popworld, and in a weird way Sam and Mark are quite buff

Totally agree. When Fern asked Sam to get his six pack out I was totally hoping he would. Bless im for taking up knitting. VERY MANLY SAM!!!
    Forum Member
    T'was great again this morning!!!! Can't believe how flirty Sarah from GA was though!!!! :eek: