The Beckhams....... (merged)

lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to Digital Spy:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds26283.html

'A friend of the couple' has told the press that David has spent £20,000 on a night with Victoria - flying her over from Japan, showering her with gifts and then spending a night at a top London hotel.

Mmmmmmm, anyone smell a publicity stunt?????? :yawn: Who is this 'friend' who felt the need to alert the press to such details? :rolleyes:

Comments

• FancyFancy Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lots2do wrote:

'A friend of the couple' has told the press that David has spent £20,000 on a night with Victoria - flying her over from Japan, showering her with gifts and then spending a night at a top London hotel.

Mmmmmmm, anyone smell a publicity stunt?????? :yawn: Who is this 'friend' who felt the need to alert the press to such details? :rolleyes:

Oh yes - it's a publicity stunt all right!
    The 'friend' was Victoria herself I'll bet. Perhaps she'll announce her next pregnancy any minute.

I wish Mr Fancy had the cash to spend like that when I'm feeling a bit stressed! Never mind, I think my less monied life is happier than the Beckham's!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lots2do wrote:

£20,000 to DB is like spending £20... wonder what the hell he bought her for that???
  • OuchthathurtOuchthathurt Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lots2do wrote:

Well as far as I can see, it's always either a 'friend' or a 'source close to the couple' who give this information out. Either way I find myself wondering what kind of friend or someone close to the Beckhams feels that they have the right to blurt out personal information like that to the media.

With friends like that, who needs enemies? :eek:

Of course one also has to consider the fact that all celebs have publicity agents whose job it is to 'let slip confidentially' certain details that their clients have agreed to release for publicity purposes. This is what keeps people like the Beckhams in the public eye.

David and Victoria are nothing but 'media attention ****' to be honest and with their marriage about to be made the subject of a court case, they, their lawyers and publicity folk have obviously decided that it's time for a show of solidarity and happy married-ness from them so they can show the rest of the world just how wonderful their marriage is. :rolleyes:

It strikes me that if their marriage was so solid and wonderful, why the need for such gratuitous attention such as expensive trips and presents? If two people really love each other then they don't need to spend inordinate amounts of money to prove it?

Everything for these people has a price tag.

:rolleyes:
  • FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fancy wrote:
    Oh yes - it's a publicity stunt all right!
    The 'friend' was Victoria herself I'll bet. Perhaps she'll announce her next pregnancy any minute.

I wish Mr Fancy had the cash to spend like that when I'm feeling a bit stressed! Never mind, I think my less monied life is happier than the Beckham's!

As Sue Carroll said in The Mirror today, if real love is there, you can be just as happy with a takeaway and a bottle of cheap plonk. I know I'd rather have my faithful boyfriend than the rat boy Becks and his wandering c**k!
  • GuccinaraGuccinara Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lushlisa wrote:
    £20,000 to DB is like spending £20... wonder what the hell he bought her for that???

exactly what i was gonna say. probly has more than that lying around the house in spare change.

i wonder what she wore? when are we going to see the pap pics? does anybody have any?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they feel the need to inform us all the time of their devotedness and how much they're willing to spend to show it? I am no longer interested, as far as I am concerned those who harp on the most about how in love they are, are usually the ones with the most problems.
  • larrysrabbitlarrysrabbit Posts: 5,797
    Forum Member
    http://tvtotal.prosieben.de/imperia/md/images/tvtotal/downloads/bilder/2004/05/kw26/6.jpg :eek: :eek:
    The "Brand Beckham" conglomorate that they are so keen to retain :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guccinara wrote:
    exactly what i was gonna say. probly has more than that lying around the house in spare change.

i wonder what she wore? when are we going to see the pap pics? does anybody have any?

She wore what we were discussing yesterday i.e. that dress with chocolate, alcohol, champagne written on the back.

I would've though it would've been more romantic if DB had cooked a lovely meal at home for VB, mind you he wouldn't have to do much work on it... here's a lettuce leaf babes, enjoy :D. Perhaps they're out on town for a few reasons: the pending court case early Dec; more allegations are coming out about his other life or pregnancy announcement alert.
  • GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    FordCapri wrote:
    As Sue Carroll said in The Mirror today, if real love is there, you can be just as happy with a takeaway and a bottle of cheap plonk. I know I'd rather have my faithful boyfriend than the rat boy Becks and his wandering c**k!
    Too true, saddo that I am there is nothing I love more than at the end of a hectic busy week sitting down to a home cooked meal and snuggling up on the couch with a nice wine and my boyfriend. Total cost €30.00.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldilocks wrote:
    Too true, saddo that I am there is nothing I love more than at the end of a hectic busy week sitting down to a home cooked meal and snuggling up on the couch with a nice wine and my boyfriend. Total cost €30.00.

Me too. Maybe I'm easily pleased but for me it's the simple things in life that mean the most. The Beckhams seem to have to put on a performance for the media in order to prove their love. Who are they kidding? Only themselves, I think.
    Forum Member
    FordCapri wrote:
    Me too. Maybe I'm easily pleased but for me it's the simple things in life that mean the most. The Beckhams seem to have to put on a performance for the media in order to prove their love. Who are they kidding? Only themselves, I think.
    Shakespeare really was on the money when the said "methinks the lady doth protest too much". When you have to always be on the defensive and always be proving how adored and in love you are then there is something wrong. Also a tad shocked (why at this late stage I don't know :o ) at the piece in the Mail on line today that pointed out that Victoria is getting size 6 cothes TAKEN IN to fit her. If she is pregnant and has a girl she'll be stealing the babies clothes at this rate
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Goldilocks wrote:
    Shakespeare really was on the money when the said "methinks the lady doth protest too much". When you have to always be on the defensive and always be proving how adored and in love you are then there is something wrong.

Abso-bloody-lutely Goldilocks. I have ALWAYS thought that about Victoria in interviews. She comes across as incredibly insecure and eager to let the world know just HOW much her man loves her.

Your post is spot on. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FordCapri wrote:

He he! Right on Fordcapri!!
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lots2do wrote:

IF they really did need to alert the press about their romantic dinner for two, then I think this Is extremely sad. Couldn't they just be content knowing that they were there to enjoy each others company without any strings attatched.

Fair enough, the press might have got wind of It, but IF they leaked It themselves, then they musn't seem to be able to do anything privately without alerting their audience first.
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote:
    IF they really did need to alert the press about their romantic dinner for two, then I think this Is extremely sad. Couldn't they just be content knowing that they were there to enjoy each others company without any strings attatched.

Fair enough, the press might have got wind of It, but IF they leaked It themselves, then they musn't seem to be able to do anything privately without alerting their audience first.
    If they were so keen to spend quality time together without the press intrusion then why not have a meal at home :confused: There are so many reasons why this would work
    1) they seem to spend hardly any time together there so the location would be a novelty
    2) the press really cannot get in there so privacy is guranteed
    3) if D or V are not so hot in the cooking department then hire a chef (even from her supposedly favourite restaurant) to cook for you and someone to serve
    4) all of the above still work with the plane ticket home from Japan.
    5) the gifts could still be given at home in their own house
    6) they seem to eat out in restaurants so often that this cannot be anything close to a treat for them anymore and surely spending time at home in their ownhouse alone would be the best present in the world with their precious boys tucked up in bed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When will these two realize nobody buys the "perfectly happy marriage" image anymore?
    Forum Member
    dlm1288 wrote:
    When will these two realize nobody buys the "perfectly happy marriage" image anymore?
    The "perfectly happy marriage" diesease seems to be spreading though and for once the Becks have conquered Stateside. Jessica Simpson and her husband are currently on the "although we spend no time together, I sleep at a different house, avoid your birthday and our anniversary and don't wear my wedding ring our marriage is perfectly happy and we are not on the rocks" :rolleyes: stage. Looks like they have learned from the best
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dlm1288 wrote:

Any illusion of the "perfect marriage" was completely wrecked by the Loos revelations and the subsequent stories from other women claiming to have had a slice of Beckham. The honest thing would have been to admit they were having problems but oh no, this wouldn't do for the pathetically deluded VB. Sadly, these futile public attempts to "prove" they are in love just reek of desparation. I am sure the Beckham's stage managed the story of their romantic and expensive dinner together. The fact that they need to do this says more about the state of their relationship than all the extravagant gifts in the world could ever do.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goldilocks wrote:
    If they were so keen to spend quality time together without the press intrusion then why not have a meal at home :confused: There are so many reasons why this would work
    1) they seem to spend hardly any time together there so the location would be a novelty
    2) the press really cannot get in there so privacy is guranteed
    3) if D or V are not so hot in the cooking department then hire a chef (even from her supposedly favourite restaurant) to cook for you and someone to serve
    4) all of the above still work with the plane ticket home from Japan.
    5) the gifts could still be given at home in their own house
    6) they seem to eat out in restaurants so often that this cannot be anything close to a treat for them anymore and surely spending time at home in their ownhouse alone would be the best present in the world with their precious boys tucked up in bed

Plus It would just seem like another trip to the restaurant anyway, whereas a meal In the privacy of their own home would be as good as they can get. I suppose a meal for two on a beach would be the perfect setting. With all the food around you on blankets or whatever, okay, starting to fantasise a bit too much now :D
  • ohmygoshohmygosh Posts: 9,696
    Forum Member
    dlm1288 wrote:

When their image stops selling rags, etc. I for one cannot stand these two publicity **** BUT there are oodles of the GBP who unfortunately buy into brand beckham (methinketh perhaps the same members of GBP who are keeping chicco in Xfactor:mad: ) and by doing so will mean they stay on our front covers etc. Whether they initiate the coverage of whether they are papped it a moot point, the fact remains that they are appealing to somebody or else we wouldn't see them. Simple as that.

omg.
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote:
    Plus It would just seem like another trip to the restaurant anyway, whereas a meal In the privacy of their own home would be as good as they can get. I suppose a meal for two on a beach would be the perfect setting. With all the food around you on blankets or whatever, okay, starting to fantasise a bit too much now :D
    just a little :D but you understand where I am coming from. Something you get all of the time and is so very normal and usual isn't a treat or an expression of appreciation from someone you love. Booking a restaurant that you probably have on speed dial 1 takes little or no effort but what I outlined above would have taken effort from David and making an effort shows love getting your PA (although is he allowed one of those these days :D ) takes ZERO effort.
  • OuchthathurtOuchthathurt Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little bit OT according to the subject but there's an interesting little piece in today's Daily Mail about how much of VB is still her. They went through everything she has had done. Of course it's all her choice but apparently the whole thing is related to evidence papers relating to a court case. They call it 'Fake Spice' and say that although she has always said that apart from her nails and fake tan everything about her is natural, the evidence is clear to the contrary.

They list her skin as being far too smooth for a woman of her age which indicates that she's had facial peels. She hasn't any of the usual fine lines that her age group would have. They also list her teeth, breasts, hair extensions.

As for the recent revelations about the romantic weekend, well, I would have said that telling someone about it is going to get them publicity and publicity is the air VB breathes, the food she eats and the drink she drinks. She would die without it, negative or positive, and she damn well knows it.

Publicity release definitely. I have no doubts about that at all.

;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well as far as I can see, it's always either a 'friend' or a 'source close to the couple' who give this information out. Either way I find myself wondering what kind of friend or someone close to the Beckhams feels that they have the right to blurt out personal information like that to the media.

With friends like that, who needs enemies? :eek:

Of course one also has to consider the fact that all celebs have publicity agents whose job it is to 'let slip confidentially' certain details that their clients have agreed to release for publicity purposes. This is what keeps people like the Beckhams in the public eye.

:rolleyes:

A friend was doing a journalism course. Her lecturer said that, whenever you see " a friend close to the couple/person" in a mag/paper it usually does mean that the couple/person themselves (or their agents) have said something to the journalist off the record. But with the understanding that it will be printed as "a friend."

Of course, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Do the Beckhams even have any friends to be talking to papers?! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xaulleo wrote:
    A friend was doing a journalism course. Her lecturer said that, whenever you see " a friend close to the couple/person" in a mag/paper it usually does mean that the couple/person themselves (or their agents) have said something to the journalist off the record. But with the understanding that it will be printed as "a friend."

Of course, if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Do the Beckhams even have any friends to be talking to papers?! :D

Well VB has never made any secret of the fact that she's a real Billy No Mates! :D
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    FordCapri wrote:
    Becks and his wandering c**k!

:D That made me LOL!

The Beckhams annoy me. Those pics of him coming out of Agent Provocateur were obviously set up too.
This discussion has been closed.