Sport Nation Ch 435

fazzymanfazzyman Posts: 425
Forum Member
anybody know what this is,just noticed it in the epg.it starts at 5pm.

is it just another front for a quiz channel as i I ckecked in the epg and a quiz offering starts every night at 11pm

Comments

• HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    It looks to be the 'classic sports' channel which has been testing off the EPG as '52416'
  • Scalper JackScalper Jack Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just Sailing Channel for some reason under the EPG as Sport Nation (it's Sports Nation - not Sport - it's an EPG spelling error AFAIK. fussy) with that constant graphic during the day and a quiz stuck on an night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure what it's going to be. I looked at the epg for the next 7 days yesterday and it was entirely sailing/watersports right up until next friday afternoon when they will then be showing some extreme sports (like we've not got enough of that, especially with rapture back).

Hopefully it will develop into something a bit more interesting and varied than sailing (no offence to sailers ;))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I believe its from a company called Optimistic Network (or something like that) and it was planned a couple of years ago. This is the same company behind nation217/quiz nation hence the quiz programme that appears on the schedule at 11pm.
  • skyisthebestskyisthebest Posts: 4,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The company behind Quiz Nation and Sport Nation also have an Ofcom licence to broadcast a channel called Groove Nation. So maybe this one is coming next? This would get Quiz Nation simulcast into the Music section of the EPG as well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    Yeah - if you do a quick google search for "optimistic network nation277" you'll see that quite a while back they had plans to launch a few channels.

with quiznation just going international, i suppose they've decided that they've got the funds to do it now.