Options

Artec T1 with Twinhan Software

AESMITHAESMITH Posts: 94
Forum Member
Thought this might benefit from separating from the other Artec stuff.

First problem .. the recording schedule seems "fragile", for example if you touch certain things on the PC while it's starting at timed recording, it sometimes stops the recording. If it does this, it also removes any other scheduled recordings on the list.

Tony S

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had the lost schedule happen to me, but to stop a recording I always seem to have to confirm through the dialogue which pops up. I've timer recorded four programs in the last 24 hours and they've all been fine, so much more reliable than I found with the Artec software.

The only thing which I had to work out is the field order of the interlaced files, which seems to be top field first and this results in a jerky DVD if you don't adjust your authoring software to expect it. My DV camcorder outputs bottom field first, so this caught me by surprise.

Putting a 720x576 or 704x576 video file onto DVD is now very easy. I just wish the channels which broadcast in 544x576 didn't, as the whole video needs re-encoding, which takes ages. It's surprising that some of the shopping and music channels broadcast in full 'D1' resolution and yet several of the ITV and C4 extra channels don't. The E4 & E4+1 resolution difference is very odd indeed!
    :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New version of the Twinhan software now available (2.608) from here http://www.digitalrise.biz/support/downloads/index.php?action=file&id=137

Editing channels now works, as I couldn't get it to with the previous Twinhan software, so you can delete channels from the master list, or display only those you choose to in the favourites list. Much nicer than the Artec original software. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Fudge wrote:
    I just wish the channels which broadcast in 544x576 didn't, as the whole video needs re-encoding, which takes ages.

Most DVD players are happy to play almost anything and should handle 544 without problem. More than likely its your DVD authoring program that is tripping you up. Look into dvdpatcher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVD patcher did the trick, so no more re-encoding for me!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so the update has allowed me to edit out all the channels I don't want listed, but a very peculiar bug has appeared, in that I can't record C4, E4 or More4, it just results in a 0 byte file. I can view or timeshift them without any problem, but not make a permananent recording. E4+1 and More4+1 have no problems, neither does ITV1, ITV2 or any other channels that I've tried.

Anyone have a clue what's going on here? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drivers just updated again to 2.608a, but no notes to say what has been added or fixed from the driver released a week or so earlier. Still can't record the C4 main channels, so is no-one else using the Twinhan/T1 setup?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    Anyone tried using the twinhan BDA drivers w/Artec T1?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but I didn't get anywhere with them, probably because they are too low level to allow the hardware to be even slightly different to what they were written for.
  • Options
    AESMITHAESMITH Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Does anyone else find that choosing "Record" from the EPG doesn't set the correct channel?

Tony S
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the way they have made the channel list into a drop down box is probably why it always defaults to whatever is at the top of that list. At least it doesn't choose an entirely diferent time and date, which the Ultima software always did for me.

Still can't persuade it to record C4, E4 or More 4 though, but I see that Twinhan have moved some of their software on to v2.611, so maybe the DTT USB version will also do so soon and hope this fixes this glitch.