Options

Video sender with 9200T

davhardydavhardy Posts: 133
Forum Member
I have been made aware of video senders but am not familiar with their application.

Can anyone recommend a video sender to use with the 9200T to allow the output from the 9200T in the living room to be made available to a TV in the bedroom. Would the transmitter connect to the VCR scart output which I do not use or would it need to piggyback on the TV scart. Would I be able to use the 9200T remote control from the receiver (bedroom end) to control the output from the 9200T in the living room.

Would appreciate any comment and recommendations

Dave

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Some video senders also handle IR return, some don't.

You can buy IR only senders to do this if your video sender doesn't (I use a ONE4ALL branded one from ebay, £20).

Cabling for UHF is certainly cheaper and probably better, so unless this is impossible I would consider this first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I use a Philips vl1200 with mine, no problems with IR
  • Options
    JAK99JAK99 Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    Aldi's Tevion Video Sender handles IR return OK for both the 8000T and 9200T and was about half the price of other similar units. As it isn't a standard store stock item you'd have to wait for it to come round again.

Works great but gets interference from any nearby microwave ovens (even next doors'!) I suspect other makes would too though.

In my opinion this works better than the RF output and saves splitting the aerial out feed to other TV's which would futher degrade the UHF. But that is another option to consider though.