Options

Christmas Radio Times cover announced

Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,103
Forum Member
Christmas Radio Times will have the following cover!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2005/11/28/27746.shtml

It will be on sale from Saturday December 3rd. :)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great. Wonderful. Love it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks the best its been for along time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    "Dont forget other listings mags are available!" ;):D
  • Options
    SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    nibb wrote:
    "Dont forget other listings mags are available!" ;):D

From when please?

Are they all available from Saturday 3rd Dec?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarn wrote:
    From when please?

Are they all available from Saturday 3rd Dec?

I think the TV Times isn't available until the 6th, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cmc 42 wrote:
    I think the TV Times isn't available until the 6th, but I could be wrong.

You're wrong they are all available from 3rd December!
  • Options
    SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member
    Thanks for all your replies!

Mind you, not that anything good is going to be on at Christmas - I suppose the usual repeats with a couple of films that we haven't seen before!
  • Options
    CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the details so far available on Digiguide it looks like the usual 'festive fortnight' of tripe. :rolleyes:

Don't miss 'A feast of Friends' on E4 on the 26th. Seven hours of episodes back to back....... :eek: :sleep: WTF??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Click here
    for an even better pic of the cover! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CHUTNEY wrote:
    Don't miss 'A feast of Friends' on E4 on the 26th. Seven hours of episodes back to back....... :eek: :sleep: WTF??

Thank god we haven't got E4 :D

As if Channel 4 haven't done Friends to death already.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    Already posted this in the other Christmas Rt post but is the free Cd actually in the magazine or will we have to send off for it? If its in the mag that will be a RT first im sure a free gift
  • Options
    Sheba's collarSheba's collar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant we have blanket coverage of Christmas carols for the whole two weeks? Oh... and lots of programmes about baby Jesus! ;)
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CHUTNEY wrote:
    Judging by the details so far available on Digiguide it looks like the usual 'festive fortnight' of tripe. :rolleyes:

So you mean really just another normal day for E4 , but dressed up as Christmas !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cant we have blanket coverage of Christmas carols for the whole two weeks? Oh... and lots of programmes about baby Jesus! ;)

No, as much as I like Christmas Carols even though I'm not really religous these are readily available on CD's!

Now, two weeks of Christmas cartoons, that would be good :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,547
    Forum Member
    CHUTNEY wrote:

Is your name Ebeneezer Scrooge? Anyway, Christmas is a time for families to get together - the TV should be off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stuart62 wrote:
    Is your name Ebeneezer Scrooge? Anyway, Christmas is a time for families to get together - the TV should be off!

Yes it should! (Apart from 7pm to 8pm BBC1) :D
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olympic19 wrote:
    Already posted this in the other Christmas Rt post but is the free Cd actually in the magazine or will we have to send off for it? If its in the mag that will be a RT first im sure a free gift
    It's bound to be a mail-in offer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote:
    It's bound to be a mail-in offer

If you look at the cover http://unitnews.co.uk/photo.php?pic_id=rtxmas2005lrg.jpg it says

"Free CD Inside, Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian, C S Lewis's magical tale. Free on CD. Disc 1 on page 25."

This to me implies that there is a series of two or more CD's, the first of which will be inside the Radio Times but you will have to send off for the rest.

We'll all know on Saturday, anyway! :)
  • Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Christmas Radio Times will have the following cover!

Dr bloody Who! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant believe that Doctor who takes up the whole of one magazine - and for two weeks - and at christmas.. This is why i love all the other TV magazines.. Tv Choice and Tv Quick, TV Times.. Sharing!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Intosoap wrote:
    I cant believe that Doctor who takes up the whole of one magazine - and for two weeks - and at christmas

It's just the cover! I suppose you wouldn't complain if it was somebody from EE on the cover.
    This is why i love all the other TV magazines.. Tv Choice and Tv Quick, TV Times..

Rags, one and all!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would mind if EastEnders took up a whole cover! I wouldnt mind if Doctor Who was on the cover.. As long as it lets other shows get a say!

Any thing can go on the cover as long as it has other stories and nice shows on the front. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Intosoap wrote:
    I would mind if EastEnders took up a whole cover! I wouldnt mind if Doctor Who was on the cover.. As long as it lets other shows get a say!

Any thing can go on the cover as long as it has other stories and nice shows on the front. :)

There's normally only one main feature on the cover - it's less cluttered and more effective that way. Usually it's a Santa or something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like RT's normal covers a bit.. But i dont like it when they have just the one story.. Like a normal RT has a picture and than has 3 or 4 written stories with no pics on the side.