A question about Jimmy

In one of the very early threads about Jimmy we were talking about his "special underwear" that he wears as a Mormon. Then a few days ago he said something about not washing, and he'd just have to stay smelly, so I was wondering - has anyone seen him undressed yet? I don't mean totally undressed, but in anything other than those long trousers and tee-shirts with sleeves, or in any swimming gear? I just wondered if the reason he's not got undressed or washed is because he doesn't want to expose his under-garments.

Someone asked in that earlier thread if he was a one-piecer or a two-piecer :o Looks like he's a 2-piecer, cos he lifted his vest up to show the tick on his tummy :eek:

I know this is a wierd question, but I'm nosy :D :rolleyes: :p

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt he will get undressed with the whole of the nation watching. My partner is an ex-Mormon and is not surprised that Jimmy hasnt exposed himself yet. Apparently the underwear is 'special' or 'sacred' if you like so he wont risk exposing it on TV.

The Mormons are very funny about this underwear, I remember someone trying to sell theirs on ebay and they complained. Actually Mormons are funny full stop. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to be a Mormon (don't worry, I agree with your comment LOL), but that was partly why I was asking, because I can't believe he's actually going to go for a full two weeks without washing :eek: I know they'll all be a bit smelly, well, okay, a LOT smelly, but not washing at all - that's just gross :o Also, he must be boiling hot in all those clothes, especially when the sun shines, cos he won't even be able to wear a sleeveless shirt :cool:
  • ProVistaProVista Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've met him a couple of times and he has always been immaculately dressed - his casual is smarter than a lot of people's smart. So, on that basis, he seems to me to be someone who would also prefer to be clean, so I just can't imagine him wanting to go 2 weeks without washing.

I seem to recall Sherree mentioned that people had been washing in the toilet block but it had got a bit grotty now, hence her trip to the pond in the modesty gown.

I guess Jimmy is either washing in the toilet block away from the camera, or washing in the open and its been agreed not to air this on camera. But if Ant and Dec keel over when he comes out, then I'll be proved wrong!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ProVista wrote:
    I've met him a couple of times and he has always been immaculately dressed - his casual is smarter than a lot of people's smart. So, on that basis, he seems to me to be someone who would also prefer to be clean, so I just can't imagine him wanting to go 2 weeks without washing.

He was dressed in a suit at the hotel, on the first programme - almost everyone else was very casual. He looked great in it too. :o

The only reason I posted the question was because I'm sure that he said that he wasn't going to wash. It was a few days ago, he was talking to the other men. So, I don't know if he has been washing in the loo, was just curious how he was dealing with things.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    What does this special underwear look like?

I am really nosey and to admit it. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've accidentally had a feel of Donny's and its just like very thin t-shirt material.
  • Karl MarksKarl Marks Posts: 3,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage wrote:
    What does this special underwear look like?

I am really nosey and to admit it. ;)

It has holes in! :eek: ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ProVista wrote:
    I've accidentally had a feel of Donny's and its just like very thin t-shirt material.

Can you tell us more about this "accident?"

:o
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe this helps....gosh I look for some weird things on google ;) ...check out the temple garments section :)
    www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/mormon/worship/temp_ordinances.shtml

hope it works :confused::)

tried it again as missed a word out on the link before!! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he is a Mormon, arent they not supposed to drink alcohol? He was holding what looked like a bottle of beer tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kayess wrote:

Can you get them in George At Asda? ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oops I can't seem to get the bbc link I put up to work. :( .the general gist is that they are white and serve as "spirtual armour and wear it as an outward expression of their inward committment to follow Christ" apparently....My husband told me a few years ago about the sacred underwear but at the time I didn't believe him as he has a habit of winding me up! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey Kayess..thems the ones :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a page (without illustrations) all about mormon underwear. :)

http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon013.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl Marks wrote:
    Can you get them in George At Asda? ;):D

PMSL!! :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How very bizarre, and women are not allowed to wear bras next to their skin, they have to go over the t-shirt thing...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Karl Marx (never thought I'd be discussing Donny with Karl Marx. How is Groucho?)

Donny toured the UK recently and during some of his shows he would jump into the audience and walk across the seats. As it happened he ended up standing on the seat in front of me one evening. What's a girl to do when a rather muscley body with chocolate button eyes is singing to her? Exactly. I had a grope.

When I realised I had inadvertently inserted my hand under his t-shirt, I removed it out of courtesy, of course.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe this helps....gosh I look for some weird things on google ;) ...check out the temple garments section :)
    www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/mormon/worship/temp_ordinances.shtml

hope it works :confused::)

tried it again as missed a word out on the link before!! :eek:

i got the link working now but its pretty 'dry' stuff
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ProVista wrote:
    Hello Karl Marx (never thought I'd be discussing Donny with Karl Marx. How is Groucho?)

Donny toured the UK recently and during some of his shows he would jump into the audience and walk across the seats. As it happened he ended up standing on the seat in front of me one evening. What's a girl to do when a rather muscley body with chocolate button eyes is singing to her? Exactly. I had a grope.

When I realised I had inadvertently inserted my hand under his t-shirt, I removed it out of courtesy, of course.

Ohhhhhhhhh, that's a pathetic excuse! ;):D

Who's Karl Marx? ;)
  • thistle1314thistle1314 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redcherry wrote:
    If he is a Mormon, arent they not supposed to drink alcohol? He was holding what looked like a bottle of beer tonight.

Redcherry - I was wondering that too. Answers anybody? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i got the link working now but its pretty 'dry' stuff

"Mormonism"

Try repeating that 3 times very fast. ;):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl Marks wrote:
    Ohhhhhhhhh, that's a pathetic excuse! ;):D

Who's Karl Marx? ;)

Ooops. I should learn to read! :o
  • MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    Redcherry - I was wondering that too. Answers anybody? :)

I didn't see the bit you are talking about, but on the streaming earlier he said he had been spoilt and had 3 fruit juices given to him.

It amazes me that Mormons have such large families. If I saw my other half coming towards me in that underwear it wouldn't put me in the mood. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ProVista wrote:
    Ooops. I should learn to read! :o

Nah - it's OK. I'm proud to be associated with the Marx Bros and Mr Engels' mate. ;)