ITV News launch breakfast show to rival Sky

BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
Forum Member
✭✭
The ITV News Channel's future may be in doubt, but this has not stopped the network hiring Scott Chisholm to host a new breakfast show.

Chisholm was part of the original Sky News presenting team when the UK's first rolling news channel launched in 1988 and hosted the network's World News Tonight for five years. He left Sky News in 1993 after a newsroom fracas with fellow presenter Chris Mann.

Since then Chisholm has worked for Talk Radio as a presenter and co-anchored the Five breakfast show for 18 months after it launched in 1997.

Full article: http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1653300,00.html

I haven't seen or heard Scott Chisholm since he left Sky News, I used to enjoy Sky News when it launched, Scott Chisholm used to be a great news reader, wonder how he will get on at ITV, will they let him add his little bits of humour to the programme?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd think the title is an bit Misleading, ITV news already as an Breakfast Show, it just they are changing presenters. However with it more likely to close in an few month than not, I'm amazed they are making changes now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Strange.

Perhaps these closure plans are not real?!

Or, perhaps they are not definate. Maybe they'll change the channeland see what happens.
  • Robert__lawRobert__law Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The closure plans only aply to DTT (Hopefully :o ) when ITV news is getting axed to make way for a citv channel during ITV4's down time .
  • gs1gs1 Posts: 8,392
    Forum Member
    A biography from Wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Chisholm

Including:
    In 1980 he conducted a three month assignment in Tehran as a Satellite Co-ordinator for Visnews (now Reuters). He was arrested a total of six times and on the last occasion was to be charged with spying until he was released from prison by mistake which enabled him to be smuggled out of the country.
    He's an experienced journalist and broadcaster, and his "little bits of humour" as Bextech puts it, will unquestionably liven-up ITV News Channel's breakfast programme, in my opinion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    It would be a pity if ITV decides to close down ITV News but you can see the commercial logic for ITV wanting to maximise ad rev on Freeview. However overall commercially ITV has more to gain by keeping ITV News on air and getting it back on Freeview. Worst case scenario it could share with Men and Motors and ITVKIds could share with ITV4