Options

The Best soap moments of 2005!

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
This isnt a sort of awards thing, but i would like to know what you thought was the best soap moment of 2005 (so far) from each soap.. I dont watch every soap but allways sort of know whats going on.. but anyway.. :)

EASTENDERS: Den's murder and the aftermath - Leading to the return of The Mitchells
EMMERDALE: Zoe Tate's exit
FAMILY AFFAIRS: Pete Callan's demise
CORONATION STREET: Katy kills her dad
HOLLYOAKS: Macca's death.. Justins trial
NEIGHBOURS: The big explosion at the cafe
HOME AND AWAY: The stalker storyline

SOAP with the best moments.. EMMERDALE :)
What are your best moments?

Comments

• Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uhm..*Macki's death. ;)
    Hmm Justins trial in Hollyoaks wins for me. :D

-Brodie
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The stabbing scene - Justin/Ali/Macki
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote:
    Uhm..*Macki's death. ;)
    Hmm Justins trial in Hollyoaks wins for me. :D

-Brodie

I agree it was good.. Didnt watch all of it, but it deserves some reconigtion.
  • Options
    Wippy2001Wippy2001 Posts: 4,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders: Dens Murder and the after bit... Stacey working the truth out.
    Hollyoaks: Macc'as Death, Justin Trial + On the run
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite moment was Dens murder - The best storyline i think was Zoe Tate's exit along with Pete Callan's exit.
  • Options
    BringBackThamesBringBackThames Posts: 3,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Status Quo/wedding story in Corrie...

It was 'ace'! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EASTENDERS - Stacey confronting Chrissie...what stunned me about that scene was the way Lacey Turner performed it. Ferocious, seething with emotion and anger, and it felt REAL, you could not see Lacey's acting. Chrissie was not the only one who was shaken! It never felt camp or pantomime or OTT (and that is, I must say, how most soap actors tend to play these scenes).
    It's such a refreshing acting style, a very pure form of screen acting. She had done excellent work before this, of course, providing much of the show's funniest moments, but there's no doubt this is the scene that marked out Lacey (and indeed Stacey) as a force to be reckoned with.

Runner-Up: Kat & Little Mo two-hander
    The Alfie/Lil Mo story was tedium personified, but it's finale was dynamite drama, with two powerful performances electrifying the screen.
    Jessie Wallace's intensity and her ability to make every line sound spontaneous are awesome, and Kacey Ainsworth showed that if Little Mo had been developed beyond being a timid mousey character, EE would have been a whole lot more interesting.

As EE is the only soap I watch, I can't comment on the others. :p
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders: The aftermath of Den's murder
    Coronation Street: Killer Katy/Ray Langton dies
    Emmerdale: Zoe Tate's exit.
    Hollyoaks: Date rape.
    Family Affairs: Pete Callan's demise
    Neighbours: The Lassiters Fire
    Home & Away: Stalker

The winner for me is Pete Callan's death
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My best soap moment is definitely 100% Zoe Tate blowing up Home Farm.
  • Options
    BumbleSquatBumbleSquat Posts: 7,176
    Forum Member
    Relugus wrote:
    EASTENDERS - Stacey confronting Chrissie...what stunned me about that scene was the way Lacey Turner performed it. Ferocious, seething with emotion and anger, and it felt REAL, you could not see Lacey's acting. Chrissie was not the only one who was shaken! It never felt camp or pantomime or OTT (and that is, I must say, how most soap actors tend to play these scenes).
    It's such a refreshing acting style, a very pure form of screen acting. She had done excellent work before this, of course, providing much of the show's funniest moments, but there's no doubt this is the scene that marked out Lacey (and indeed Stacey) as a force to be reckoned with.

Runner-Up: Kat & Little Mo two-hander
    The Alfie/Lil Mo story was tedium personified, but it's finale was dynamite drama, with two powerful performances electrifying the screen.
    Jessie Wallace's intensity and her ability to make every line sound spontaneous are awesome, and Kacey Ainsworth showed that if Little Mo had been developed beyond being a timid mousey character, EE would have been a whole lot more interesting.

As EE is the only soap I watch, I can't comment on the others. :p

I have to agree with everything you said - that scene where Stacey confronted Chrissie with the truth was powerful - it DID seem more real to have Stacey shaking and almost in tears as she spoke to Chrissie, who was equally just as shaken. Lacey could've easily played her as a heartless bitch but the character does have a heart and anyone would be terrified to discover you've just given an alibi to a murderer...

As for the Little Mo/Alfie/Kat finale - I thought it was great. Kacey and Jessie's performances were brilliant. I liked the scene where Kat and Little Mo are sitting across the table from one another and suddenly, Kat gets up, pushes the table back, pulls her chair in front of Little Mo and holds her hands to talk. But I felt it was kind of let down when Alfie appeared. As usual, he mumbled his way through it all - occasionally giving a shout out of him which would be a wake-up for anyone he bored to sleep...

EastEnders gets my vote (if you hadn't guessed! ;) )
  • Options
    Sinbazro_05Sinbazro_05 Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1) Zoe Tate's Exit

2) The Neighbours Season Finale - Lassiters Explosion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoe's Exit - Emmerdale
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Corrie: Ken & Deirdre marry and Ray Langton dies afterward.
    EE: Peggy pushes Chrissie into Den's grave.
    E/dale: Steph accidentally kills Shelly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definately Dens Murder
    EE-Peggy pushin Chrissie into Dens Grave!
    Hollyoaks- Justin on the Trial and all the stories leading up to that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    For me it has to be when we got to see the nasty side of Johnny Allen in Eastenders.
    With the whole pushing Andy Hunter off the Bridge and then just when you think you can forgive him, crushing Peggy's fingers in the front door.
    I never felt so much anger for a character - brilliant acting!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders-'Dirty' Dens murder
    Hollyoaks-Danniis rape
    Coronation Street-Ray Langtons return
    The Bill-Gabriels fall from Grace
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Drloverman wrote:
    For me it has to be when we got to see the nasty side of Johnny Allen in Eastenders.
    With the whole pushing Andy Hunter off the Bridge and then just when you think you can forgive him, crushing Peggy's fingers in the front door.
    I never felt so much anger for a character - brilliant acting!

I actually thought crushing Peggy's fingers in the door was Johnny's redeeming quality! From that moment on, the man was a LEGEND! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a really crap moment when Jonny Pushed Andy of the bridge it looked fake. But it was good when he shut peggys fingers in the door though!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHAT ABOUT THE DRAMA'S? :)

THE BILL - Gabriel's death
    CASUALTY - Claire's demise
    HOBLY CITY - Connie and her evil acts! :D

Thanks for posting every one! :)
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad Girls - Jim Fenning dying - especially the way he died
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lennie wrote:
    Bad Girls - Jim Fenning dying - especially the way he died

1st class drama - that was the greatest! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    EASTENDERS: Dens murder, Sam digging up the body, chrissie getting thrown in the grave, return of mitchells, chrissie leaving.
    EMMERDALE: Zoe Tate's exit was brilliant
    CORONATION STREET: Katy kills her dad, The Baldwin affair (although corrie has been lacking serious quality this year)

best moment was zoes exit, love the eastenders stuff, corrie nothing special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D the only great story for Corrie was Katy - brilliantly done but than it's gone mad.. But i dont want to have arguments with Corrie 'Lovers'!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked the few episodes after Katy killed Tommy - Angela going to work and acting as if she knew nothing, Kevin and Tyrone finding him, Katy alone at home and knowing everyone would know he was murdered... It was really well done - if only i had taped it... Why do I only appreciate something when its too late?? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the few episodes after Katy killed Tommy - Angela going to work and acting as if she knew nothing, Kevin and Tyrone finding him, Katy alone at home and knowing everyone would know he was murdered... It was really well done - if only i had taped it...
    Why do I only appreciate something when its too late??
    :rolleyes:

That's what Katy (Lucy Hudson) said aboput Corrie producers - as they realised they were a great family! :mad: :)