Options

Windows Live Messenger

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,490
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Iv just downloaded it, does anyone know where i can sign up for a windows live account cus it doesnt work with the normal msn log in details.

Comments

• Options
    neo6776neo6776 Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    Iv just downloaded it, does anyone know where i can sign up for a windows live account cus it doesnt work with the normal msn log in details.

it works when you download the MSNP13 to MSNP12 down grader.

you can get that here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    What is all this Windows Live stuff?! Seems like a pointless offspring opf everything windows already has, with "Live" added to it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone using mail live beta? Its awful with firefox, you don't even get a reply button on emails!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not surprised its microsoft they just want you to use there internet explorer. son they'll be bundeling ads with windows to make some money!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    cbudden wrote:
    Is anyone using mail live beta? Its awful with firefox, you don't even get a reply button on emails!

If you login with a browser other than IE 6+, you will be automatically directed to the basic Mail Live experience. You should see a special Today page and a message in the toolbar reminding you that you are using basic version, not the main Mail Live UI. You can't do much more than read emails.

Many of the Mail features are missing from the basic Version. IE 6+ provides the best experience for now.

The recent M4 Beta release has improved support for other browsers such as Firefox, but is far from perfect for the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone have an invite they can send me please?

Or that downgrader thingy i cant find it!
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    I was lucky enough to get an invite last night and now I dont need the downgrader for Windows Live Messenger woo hoo lol
  • Options
    MattPondMattPond Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    neo6776 wrote:
    it works when you download the MSNP13 to MSNP12 down grader.

you can get that here

The version is not feature complete using that patch plus you get an annoying ad-banner. I am on the official Windows Live Messenger beta which means my passport account has been upgraded to Protocol 13. It is quite a nice piece of kit but you're best off waiting for it to be released to the general public.
  • Options
    Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    Looks rubbish in comparison to the latest version of MSN Messenger - Again they've over simplified it, using nasty bold colours & big boxes for things like send and search. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MattPond wrote:
    The version is not feature complete using that patch plus you get an annoying ad-banner. I am on the official Windows Live Messenger beta which means my passport account has been upgraded to Protocol 13. It is quite a nice piece of kit but you're best off waiting for it to be released to the general public.

yeah well i only used it once they got rid because of that ad banner.

i have been trying to get on the beta for WLM but failed. i am on the beta for the windows live mail though.

if you have a spare invite it would be much appreciated :o:p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol fantastic:
    Mail Beta wrote:
    Note that the web browser you are using does not yet support all Mail Beta functionality. You can still use this browser to access basic Mail Beta functionality, like reading and composing messages. We will make more functionality available for this web browser soon.

They're blaming the browser!! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm still awaiting my invites from MS so I can invite ppl, 1 of which is already spoken for so who knows I may throw out an offer for an invite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    andybno1 wrote:
    I'm still awaiting my invites from MS so I can invite ppl, 1 of which is already spoken for so who knows I may throw out an offer for an invite.

may i be on your list :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i asked first in this thread. Anyone who gets one though could you be nice enough to give me one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    id like an invite please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    well I will have to wait and see if I get any invites first lol
  • Options
    cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    Dowloaded what? robcole2004 and where did you get it please give me the link please
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WizUk wrote:
    Dowloaded what? robcole2004 and where did you get it please give me the link please

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat/Instant-Messaging/MSN-Messenger-8.shtml
  • Options
    steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anyone has any invites going, i'd be most grateful

I have tried the downgrade plugin, but i can't get it to work

Thanks, in advance

address cardy1970@yahoo.co.uk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't rush to get an invite since I was invited I've had wlm loggin me off and on so many times I've decided to just go back to msn 7.5
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    i have some invite any body
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Tried it once and it was so annoying with the video at the bottom flashing all the time. I deleted it.
  • Options
    mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tried it once and it was so annoying with the video at the bottom flashing all the time. I deleted it.

there's a fix: It's called A-Patch (www.apatch.tk)

anyone want an invite just visit: www.web2messenger.com/mpmc & I'll send you one!

I have erm, 30....