Options

Richard Hammond's 5 O'Clock Show

spaced_cadetspaced_cadet Posts: 156
Forum Member
Richard Hammond's 5 O'Clock Show

Just seen this in Radio Times starting tues 3rd jan. Does anybody know anything about this. Is it a regular series or just a filler until O'Grady comes back? Do you think it will be any good?

Comments

• Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O' Grady only wants to do 6 months a year, so this is planned to be for the rest of the year. Thats what they hope anyway, if its a ratings success
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whats the main theme of the show, celeb chat show? aimed at what sort of audience?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    So that's why he had his teeth whitened. ;)
  • Options
    ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 5 O’Clock Show will be the nation’s water-cooler, come for a chat and a laugh, meet new and extraordinary people and get to the heart of everything that matters to the people of the UK.

From answering consumer dilemmas to providing a platform for the nation’s eccentrics, join Richard Hammond, Mel Geidroyc and a host of weird, wacky and wonderful guests for a taste of the people who put the great in Great Britain.

Over one hour of live interactive chat and entertainment we champion real people. We’ll be telling incredible stories, getting out and about all over the UK and righting consumer wrongs.

from ITV - dosent sound great to me - not as good as paul o'grady anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sounds ok, i like mel Geidroyc, she is funny. Will probably have a look 1st episode
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bailey8 wrote:
    sounds ok, i like mel Geidroyc, she is funny. Will probably have a look 1st episode

Just to contrast with Bailey, she isn't remotely funny, just like every other female 'funny person' then.

:)
  • Options
    CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely cannot stand Richard Hammond - a bland, grinning idiot of small stature. I hope they make his desk so big that we can't see him...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hammond backlash starts here folks - it was a long time coming but someone has gone for it...!
  • Options
    LostObsessiveLostObsessive Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think you could ever call him bland. He seems to be able to make anything interesting.

He best never leave Top Gear tho!
  • Options
    CampcrusaderCampcrusader Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think you could ever call him bland. He seems to be able to make anything interesting.

He best never leave Top Gear tho!

Gawd, if you think he ISN'T bland, I dread to think what your idea of excitement is!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote:
    The 5 O’Clock Show will be the nation’s water-cooler, come for a chat and a laugh, meet new and extraordinary people and get to the heart of everything that matters to the people of the UK.

From answering consumer dilemmas to providing a platform for the nation’s eccentrics, join Richard Hammond, Mel Geidroyc and a host of weird, wacky and wonderful guests for a taste of the people who put the great in Great Britain.

Over one hour of live interactive chat and entertainment we champion real people. We’ll be telling incredible stories, getting out and about all over the UK and righting consumer wrongs.

from ITV - dosent sound great to me - not as good as paul o'grady anyway.

nothing can stand up to Paul, Des & Mel come close but Mr O'Grady is on a whole different level
  • Options
    LostObsessiveLostObsessive Posts: 591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawd, if you think he ISN'T bland, I dread to think what your idea of excitement is!
    Different to yours, and based on your attitude so far, I am very VERY happy about that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, but Richard is popular with us Laydeez...... he won a poll entitled 'Weird People Girls Fancy'.....