Options

FVRT100 - Christmas turkey.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
Forum Member
Got my FVRT100 on Christmas morning, like a kid with a new toy. All went well for about 10 minutes when it stopped responding to the remote (and also the front panel switches). The only way I could get it to do anything was to unplug it, leave it for a few minutes and plug it back in. All was well again (for 10 minutes, when the same thing happened again, and again, and again). Needless to say, it went back to Dixons but they didn't have any more in stock so I took the refund and I am now the proud owner of a Humax 9200.

I really wanted the FVRT100, in fact I had already bought a Digidave power supply and a replacement 80Gb hard drive. I just don't need the hassle of things that don't work out of the box :(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fatmarl wrote:
    Got my FVRT100 on Christmas morning, like a kid with a new toy. All went well for about 10 minutes when it stopped responding to the remote (and also the front panel switches). The only way I could get it to do anything was to unplug it, leave it for a few minutes and plug it back in. All was well again (for 10 minutes, when the same thing happened again, and again, and again). Needless to say, it went back to Dixons but they didn't have any more in stock so I took the refund and I am now the proud owner of a Humax 9200.

I really wanted the FVRT100, in fact I had already bought a Digidave power supply and a replacement 80Gb hard drive. I just don't need the hassle of things that don't work out of the box :(
    Ah, then you never got the chance to see how much better the 4TV EPG is than the Freeview one which you now have.

It's well documented on this site that until you get the first successful download with the FVRT100, it can be a bit flaky.
  • Options
    BoinngBoinng Posts: 5,752
    Forum Member
    fatmarl wrote:

Out of the box, the FVRT100 comes with very unreliable software. If you'd left it to download the latest release, however, you'd have a much more reliable and well-rounded PVR than the Humax.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    The installed software was 1.7.4.
    It's well documented on this site that until you get the first successful download with the FVRT100, it can be a bit flaky.

The fact that it didn't respond to any commands is, in my opinion, more than a bit flakey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    i have the fvrt 150, same thing happening had it since may. been great up untill now, i will have to change it as it is a pain having to keep unpluging it every time you want to change programme