Options

Pipeline Radio 1386

Radio InformerRadio Informer Posts: 2,108
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi as pipeline radio is broadcasting 10pm-12am wednesday only wondered if any one else listened on 1386 mw and what reception they got.Because down here in essex reception was terrible i could make out some of it but had to much interference.Is it american i thought it was english had a american bloke and style broadcast.

Comments

• Options
    vinnielovinnielo Posts: 8,361
    Forum Member
    They're owned by Absolute Radio (UK), according to Media UK, so they're probably English... er, I mean British.
  • Options
    MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,905
    Forum Member
    The service is intended for the Baltics from a transmitter in Lithuania, they are UK based:

http://www.pipelineradio.org/
  • Options
    rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi as pipeline radio is broadcasting 10pm-12am wednesday only wondered if any one else listened on 1386 mw and what reception they got.Because down here in essex reception was terrible i could make out some of it but had to much interference.Is it american i thought it was english had a american bloke and style broadcast.

I heard it the week before Christmas when it was only running 7kw, As 1386 is a reasonably clear frequency the audio was very good but the signal was weak and faded a lot as you would expect,

Over Christmas they said they had increased power to 50kw but i forgot to listen so cant comment,

Charlie Davy (Ex Big L ) has joined the station.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vinnielo wrote:
    They're owned by Absolute Radio (UK), according to Media UK....

No they're not. That directory entry was wrong and it's now been amended.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    The reception on Christmas Eve seemed very good here in Ipswich from 10.00 p.m. till at least 11.15 p.m.
    There was some fading but mostly listenable. Good considering the distance from Lithuania.
    I assume this was 50kw as thats what they had planned.
  • Options
    MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,905
    Forum Member
    Yes Christmas Eve was the 50kw, much stronger here than the Wednesday broadcasts. They have now booked transmissions on Wednesdays for the rest of January, don't know whether thats still the 7 kw transmitter or they have decided to book the 50kw one now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikeBr wrote:
    Yes Christmas Eve was the 50kw, much stronger here than the Wednesday broadcasts. They have now booked transmissions on Wednesdays for the rest of January, don't know whether thats still the 7 kw transmitter or they have decided to book the 50kw one now.

According to the website, http://www.pipelineradio.org/

They are reverting back to the 7kw tx, Whether this will be a permanent arrangement or the 50kw will be used again i have no idea,

A word of WARNING, Every time i access the website i get a TROJAN HORSE warning from my virus software, Luckily it blocks it before it can be installed.
  • Options
    Radio InformerRadio Informer Posts: 2,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for your reports..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello Rifleman,

I picked up a trojan too & my virus software got rid of it but at the time I wasnt sure whether I picked it up from there or the previous site I looked at.
    Definately worth heeding the warning!

rifleman19 wrote:
    According to the website, http://www.pipelineradio.org/

A word of WARNING, Every time i access the website i get a TROJAN HORSE warning from my virus software, Luckily it blocks it before it can be installed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hey Guys

Pipeline Radio is owned and operated by Scandinavian Media Ltd a uk firm with Norwegian Routes.

50kw service will come sometime next year, at the moment i guess we are resting from Christmas.

Keep Talking

James.
  • Options
    gheorgiegheorgie Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    Hey Guys

Pipeline Radio is owned and operated by Scandinavian Media Ltd a uk firm with Norwegian Routes.

50kw service will come sometime next year, at the moment i guess we are resting from Christmas.

Keep Talking

James.
    Wasn't this the station referred to as being 'in a toybox' on another website?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you listen to others who write rubbish just because there jelious, then what is the world coming to.

Pipeline Radio is a professional run station that has the money and where for all to buy a Uk Licence, but the company as a whole is NOT interested in broadcasting to the United Kingdom.
    The united kingdom does not serve any part of the future plans, the radio system in UK is wrong and why should one company such as GCap run all the licences? or wireless group or Local radio group... It does not give the smaller man down the street a chance, its like shopping in Tesco's or Asda would you like the small shops or the BIG tesco out of town job....

I know which one i would like....

Pipeline does not broadcast to the UK or use a UK market place, the station wants one europe for all and to be part of europe and not run by the united kingdom.'

Europe is bigger than England as a nation and has more to offer as one, having lived and worked there myself for 3 or more years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MikeBr wrote:

Mike we have booked now a 25 week contract and a few specials on 100KW, when they will run will be said on the website:)

shortwave is due to start in Feb06 with a return to sky in the very near future.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Virus is being looked into, Pipeline has been hacked a few times by Russian's looking for credit card numbers... If you see anything with the name loomcompany then get in contact with them... at PIPeline.

The hacker is known and has been reported to the Durham Police Dept England.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for looking into the virus situation.
    It can be a pain when we feel the need to run an unscheduled virus scan and it is nice to know that Pipeline takes the problem seriously.

Good to hear about the forthcoming 100kW and good luck for the station. I will certainly be listening out for it.
    I appreciate that Pipeline is not aimed specifically at the U.K. but its always good to hear stations that are independent and different from what we have here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Go for it, James!

r99

(RNT)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dennis Rye wrote:
    Hello Rifleman,

I picked up a trojan too & my virus software got rid of it but at the time I wasnt sure whether I picked it up from there or the previous site I looked at.
    Definately worth heeding the warning!

Thats ok Den, Anything to oblige, Sorry for the late reply i have just got around to looking at this thread again,

Hopefully the people at Pipeline can sort something out.

Regards

R
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey Guys

If there is any ideas you have and want to pass them on, your welcome to email me direct:)

hey if you want a song on also:) let me know and ill do it on the next 1386Khz...

let me know the song and away we go..

Thanks for the good words guys:) Your all fantastic! :)