Options

K700i download probs.. please help..

bigsisbigsis Posts: 1,334
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

Sorry to be a pain guys but I'm having more problems with the K700i on Vodafone that I purchased last week.

I have tried unsuccessfully to download games, ringtones and pictures from Vodafone Live since I had the problem of the GRPS settings sorted. Connecting to the web on it is fine but when I try to buy anything I get back the message saying "Payment Failed (2), you have not been charged as your Service Provider does not accept this type of payment. Please contact your Service Provider for more information".

Well I called Vodafone today and spoke to an adviser (a waste of 25p) and he told me the phone wasn't set up for downloading (or words to that affect) so he sent me settings via text which I installed, switched off phone and switched it back on and it still won't work. I am getting so fed up about it now, it's not as if I have no credit on the phone as there is over £30 on there, is there anything else I can do? I certainly don't want to waste any more of my credit by ringing up Vodafone!

I was wondering whether to take it back to the Carphone Warehouse where I got it from and asking if they can do anything. Could the phone be faulty by any chance? I have heard there is an update for the firmware available, would that do the job of fixing the problem?

Many thanks for reading this, again sorry to be a pain in the butt but I just want this to be sorted before I scream!!!

Please help if at all possible.

bigsis

Oh and even though it's a bit late now but Happy New Year everyone.

Comments

• Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See if this helps you...

Google is your freind. ;)
  • Options
    bigsisbigsis Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Finlonga

I had already tried googling for the answer before I did the opening post. I have looked at the link you supplied for me and what is written there I have already on my phone. The settings I have on my phone are correct afaik. I can browse the net, send and receive picture messages through mms but cannot download any tones, games or pictures. I have activated the phone by calling a mobile and by texting messages.

Thanks for replying. Is there anyone else out there who can help me at all?

bigsis