Options

Version 4 Confirmed Dates

digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
Forum Member
Seeing that a lot of people keep asking 'When is the new EPG coming', to narrow down any confusion, this thread purely to set the record straight

It has been confirmed by Sky and James Murdoch that the new EPG (Version 4) will start being despatched to suscribers and customers Week Commencing January 16th 2006

Verison 4, is the introduction of a new Electronic programming guide for Sky Digital, Sky+ and Freesat from Sky. It features:
  • An impressive 50 favourite channel customisable EPG
  • New categories for easier navigation through the 500+ channels
  • Radio channels will be recieiving 4 digit channel numbers, starting with a 0, for example BBC Radio 1 will recieve number 0101
  • New Box Office categories purely for adult purposes: Adult Movies and Adult Pay Per View
  • The Planner and A-Z Listings functions will be accessable using the coloured buttons
  • There will be a slightly modified font in some areas of the new EPG

Comments

• Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing that a lot of people keep asking 'When is the new EPG coming', to narrow down any confusion, this thread purely to set the record straight

It has been confirmed by Sky and James Murdoch that the new EPG (Version 4) will start being despatched to suscribers and customers Week Commencing January 16th 2006

Verison 4, is the introduction of a new Electronic programming guide for Sky Digital, Sky+ and Freesat from Sky. It features:
    [/list]

Not long now then, will this be to ALL boxes (sky and sky+) and box manfacturers?
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

I guess " Seeing is believing " :)

Fingers crossed
  • Options
    james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing that a lot of people keep asking

[*]There will be a slightly modified font in some areas of the new EPG
    [/list]

But that's the thing Tom, people don't keep asking. To be honest, I think the majority just want to forget about the damn thing

&

Where on earth did you get this slightly modified font business from. I have two friends that have beta tested this V4 for the last 2 months, and there is no modified font.

Regards James
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do hope you have been correctly informed, Tom :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where on earth did you get this slightly modified font business from. I have two friends that have beta tested this V4 for the last 2 months, and there is no modified font.

Regards James

Looks like a copy n paste jobby from an official source :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rai man wrote:
    I do hope you have been correctly informed, Tom :)

Oh yeh, I forgot to mention that.

Regards James
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a copy n paste jobby :)

From where :confused:

Regards James
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The modified fonts are in the settings area - for example Parental Control area in Other restrictions, the font used for the prices is more narrower, I belive its something like Arial Narrow. Take a look at Page 101 of Januarys Sky Magazine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From where :confused:

Regards James

Sit back and await his reply :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its not copy and paste - I made it up from memory. You'll probally find one or two spelling mistakes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take a look at Page 101 of Januarys Sky Magazine.

I really should stop binning it without reading it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The modified fonts are in the settings area - for example Parental Control area in Other restrictions, the font used for the prices is more narrower, I belive its something like Arial Narrow. Take a look at Page 101 of Januarys Sky Magazine.

So this is based on what your eyes have seen in a magazine, rather than anything concrete.

Regards James
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, yes James. But those screenshots are always accurate, as it is coming directly from Sky.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sit back and await his reply :)

Not really the reply I was holding out for, although spookily, the one I expected ;)

Regards James
  • Options
    Forum Member
    coopermanyorks: You should, its a very good magazine :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James: What do you mean 'spookily'?? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have page 101 in front of me.

Have you considered that the picture may of just been squashed slightly, so it could fit onto the page with the rest of the article.

Regards James
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It used to be the font right above the £3.00, but now its definately different - take a look in your Parental Control menu at this. :)

Tom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It used to be the font right above the £3.00, but now its definately different - take a look in your Parental Control menu at this. :)

Tom

You have now totally confused me.

You may want to change the heading of your thread Tom. I believe you are given an hour to edit.

Unless this has been copied & pasted from an official Sky source, rather than a person on the end of the telephone, i would avoid the word Confirmed.

You might be right, however you could be wrong.

Were you around in the pre dual record days ?

Regards James
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

• An impressive 50 favourite channel customisable EPG
    • New categories for easier navigation through the 500+ channels
    • Radio channels will be recieiving 4 digit channel numbers, starting with a 0, for example BBC Radio 1 will recieve number 0101
    • New Box Office categories purely for adult purposes: Adult Movies and Adult Pay Per View
    • The Planner and A-Z Listings functions will be accessable using the coloured buttons
    • There will be a slightly modified font in some areas of the new EPG

To be honest, these cosmetic changes don't mean much to me.
    I'd prefer a longer, faster and more reliable EPG than "new fonts and coloured buttons".

Why don't Sky start to work on real issues rather than cosmetics?

[Prepares to be shot down]

gaffer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_gaffer wrote:
    I'd prefer a longer, faster and more reliable EPG than "new fonts and coloured buttons".

gaffer

Happy New Year Gaffer

No shooting down from these quarters mate.

Apart from the 50 favs feature, I agree entrely.

Regards James
  • Options
    MediaGuruMediaGuru Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Was there really a point for another thread on the EPG revamp? This could have easily been said in the numerous other opened threads. Just wait for official news instead of baseless confirmation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_gaffer wrote:

gaffer

Hi

I agree the 50 faves is a "must" have but the other changes are not so important............

To me :)
  • Options
    superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Stanley: thank you for the most wanted information of the year.so i guess everyone can stop fighting and just wait till 16th jan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Tom Stanley: thank you for the most wanted information of the year.so i guess everyone can stop fighting and just wait till 16th jan.

yes i agree so everyone just has to hang on!