Options

Humax PVR9200T out of stock

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
Forum Member
Hi guys,
Does anyone know where I can buy a Humax PVR9200T from ?

Alot of place I have check, even online are out of stock.
Why is this.

I got one on Monday but I have had to send it back becuase it was faulity.

Thanks guys

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.buyyourav.com/product_details.asp?prodID=2013 Search engine says its in stock
    http://www.electricshop.com/invt/4068hum115102a says "While stocks last"
    http://www.international-satellite.com/items/humax_pvr_9200T.html says 'available'
    http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo-1.cfm/Product_ID/2065 these guys says all their products are guaranteed to be in stock

Interestingly the Dixons website says that due to high demand this product is out of stock. so this may be why everywhere else is getting like that as people look for other places to buy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Call me cynical if you want -- but loads of mail order places claim stock and then suddenly have just run out.

The Humax 9200-T is in short supply. I got one after a weeks wait from Comet (£199). They have taken if off the website when I last looked.

Popular item -- but they will get one and phone you when it is in stock :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 129
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

£240 - for an internet based retailer is high. No wonder they've got some stock :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Could I suggest you take a trip round some of the smaller Comet branches.
    The bigger ones seem to be out of stock, but after drawing a blank at 3 bigger ones, I found one at a smaller branch, and got it for £196.99 after they price matched with John Lewis, although they have it priced at £200 so I don't know where the £196.99 came from, but I wasn't complaining!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Out of stock everywhere are they? Damn, I just sold mine. Maybe I could have got more for it.
  • Options
    davhardydavhardy Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Could they be being withheld by Humax until the various major bugs are sorted out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Must admit thats what i first thought davhardy?

It might have been the companies who stock them like comet etc as they know how many has been brought back for fixing / exchange..

Im getting to be quite pleased with my humax now that i know i can keep my channels buffer if surfing the other channels in PIP mode..

Everyones looking forward to this software update thats due soon and if some bugs are fixed and couple of wish-lists added then me buying the humax was a good choice :)

calamero
  • Options
    bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calamero wrote:
    Must admit thats what i first thought davhardy?

It might have been the companies who stock them like comet etc as they know how many has been brought back for fixing / exchange..

Im getting to be quite pleased with my humax now that i know i can keep my channels buffer if surfing the other channels in PIP mode..

Everyones looking forward to this software update thats due soon and if some bugs are fixed and couple of wish-lists added then me buying the humax was a good choice :)

calamero
    I've had my Humax since it first came out,and apart from three lockups,the last of which was some five weeks ago,I still think it's the best PVR on the market.As you mention,once the first OTA update is with us,it will take some beating.Well done Humax-it was down to the 9200T that I stopped paying robbing Murdoch for Sky+. :)
  • Options
    bartdogbartdog Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Quite agree, ive tried a few of the Terrestrial pvrs, and compared them with sky+. This 9200T takes some beating - brilliant piece of kit. I'm cancelling sky + at the end of the month.

ps availability:-

I had to make a trip to Currys Trafford park for mine - 2 left there yesterday 14/01/06
    Whilst there they checked stock across the country - apparently 46 in stock in Currys- Preston, suggest giving them a call before rushing out!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    I just ordered one from Superfi.

I was told by John Lewis that they have 700 on order (for distribution to all shops and central warehouse (inc on-line) They were supposed to arrive last week but are now scheduled for next week. They woul dnot commit to this though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Back in stock at Comet online, but at a "special" online proce of £219.99.

£10 cheaper than current store price but no sign of the £199 price they had it for just after Christmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Got mine from CWdigital £208 including delivery.
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    davhardy wrote:
    Could they be being withheld by Humax until the various major bugs are sorted out?

Is the OTA update going to just be .01 as mine bought just after Xmas is already .01.

I've not noticed any major bugs ... been working as expected since purchase???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wgmorg wrote:
    Is the OTA update going to just be .01 as mine bought just after Xmas is already .01.

I've not noticed any major bugs ... been working as expected since purchase???

One such bug is if u try to select a radio rogramme to record from the guide, then make sure that during the time of the scheduled recording the unit is in standby. Even though the unit looks like its recording from the front, the recording will not be placed in the playlist.

Another is if you select a TV prgramme to record from the EPG and then afterwards pad the end time, the name of the recording does not change. But if you padd the start time to start recording a few minutes earlier, when the previous programme is listed in the guide, the name changes to the previous programme.

If you select a recording schedule and make it repeat, like every week or every day, the date and sometimes name of the recording in the playlist can be different, if the next instance of that show is no longer at the same slot.

It doesnt happen often naturally but it is reproducable in 'lab' conditions if you know the process, to record two programmes at the same time and the second programme have no sound when playing back.

These are the ones I can think of off top of my head, however I bet Humax have a list that is much longer as they have all the calls about software issues.

Actually, also, its not reproducable per say but its an issue that some people have posted they have lost all or some of their recordings from the playlist and that some people are posting that lockups have started to happen again on MUX2 channels since the 9th Jan again.

This is the best PVR I have owned. It does what it does well with no problems. In other words completely reliable. But that is the perception until you spend time looking at these threads and discover all the different tyes of issue that could possibly come up. You can see by the above examples, it is possible to find a number of issues either by chance or doing things the repeatable ways explained until the software is updated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Currys on Teeside had a mountain of them yesterday.
    Peter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    One such bug is if u try to select a radio rogramme to record from the guide, then make sure that during the time of the scheduled recording the unit is in standby. Even though the unit looks like its recording from the front, the recording will not be placed in the playlist.

I think it's the other way around. To record a radio programme, the unit should not be in standby.

Another minor bug to be aware of is that you should not overlap successive recordings on the same channel, because the second one will fail to record.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mfmf wrote:
    I think it's the other way around. To record a radio programme, the unit should not be in standby.

Another minor bug to be aware of is that you should not overlap successive recordings on the same channel, because the second one will fail to record.

Yep agree. It would be the other way around to that described if you want to record from radio in standby. Mine was the discription of the fault and how to check it out!

I forgot about the manual padding that over laps scheduled recordings on the same channel. Another: try playing your MP3s if the unit is hooked up to an amp via digital optical out.
    Theres more I know but Humax will always have more than we can come up with as these things get collated centrally. I remember when the last software update came out at the end of November there was a list of issues Humax put right that were new to a lot of forum members.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It would be nice if computing devices could be made without any bugs ... one day perhaps :rolleyes:
    marcdavis wrote:

This is the best PVR I have owned. It does what it does well with no problems. In other words completely reliable. But that is the perception until you spend time looking at these threads and discover all the different tyes of issue that could possibly come up. You can see by the above examples, it is possible to find a number of issues either by chance or doing things the repeatable ways explained until the software is updated.

I'm a software tester anything can be broken :)

Is the OTA update going to be .00 to .01 OR do people think it will be going to .02???
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,644
    Forum Member
    wgmorg wrote:
    I'm a software tester anything can be broken :)
    Even a simple on/off switch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote:
    Even a simple on/off switch.

Thats an easy one... well placed bash with a hammer ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    wgmorg wrote:
    Thats an easy one... well placed bash with a hammer ;)

I thought that was how engineers were supposed to fix things ;)

Frequent quote from one of my old software development managers "Yesterday I couldn't even spell engineer. Today I are one."