Options

Reception of 11343 V, Eurobird 1 , Fixed Beam

Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
Forum Member
Hi, some people are having receiving problems of that frequency mentioned above with 80 cm dishes these days in different locations of the Iberian Peninsula.

Everything was OK days ago, but now it seems there is a decreasing of transmitting power or so, or everything is dued to something we don´t know.

Are there more people reporting this? Are there other past or occasional moments that problems like this have happened?.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    I thought 1.2 metres was the minimum dish size for reception from the satellites at 28.2E in Spain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Heinz wrote:
    I thought 1.2 metres was the minimum dish size for reception from the satellites at 28.2E in Spain.

No, it depends on the beams. South Beam of Astra 2A/B can be received in the peninsula with a 60 cm dish. S1 Beam of Eurobird 1 with an 80 cm dish. And yes, it is necessary the diameter you say in some parts with North Beam of Astra 2A/B , or even bigger.

And also, concerning Astra 2D, there is not a rule. Near Gibraltar area, it can be received with only a 80 cm dish, while in Madrid you need almost an 1,80 meter dish.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what it was like before, but at the moment the signal looks roughly at the same level as channel 4, that is like a 2A North beam transponder. (CdelSol).
  • Options
    benidormgarybenidormgary Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One or two of my friends here were having problems with this transponder a couple of days ago,(True Movies etc),and also people with the Panasonic 30 boxes,but it seems to have cleared now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you so much for your replays.