Options

Sky Hd Info Here Big Update Launch Date

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 160
Forum Member
I got in to work this morning and had a lot of stuff off sky in the post (I run a satellite company) It says that sky HD will go live on the 1st april 2006, Also had some info from my supplyer they will have the sky HD receivers in stock from monday next week,

Also can a op make this thread a sticky date to load of sky hd threads beening opened

Comments

• Options
    clintojclintoj Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Got any pricing info?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sat-man wrote:
    It says that sky HD will go live on the 1st april 2006
    Are you certain it's not an early April Fool's joke???:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sat-man wrote:
    Also can a op make this thread a sticky date to load of sky hd threads beening opened

It's also being reported by DS now. (See "Latest News")

There is a whole separate Forum for HD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    no i run a satellite and eletronics shop & company, i had the info in the post from sky's asa deptment, no priced as of yes but i have been told it will be around the £199 price
    Are you certain it's not an early April Fool's joke???:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sat-man wrote:
    no i run a satellite and eletronics shop & company, i had the info in the post from sky's asa deptment
    Relax, I was just being flippant!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

lol cool :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    sat-man wrote:
    I got in to work this morning and had a lot of stuff off sky in the post (I run a satellite company) It says that sky HD will go live on the 1st april 2006, Also had some info from my supplyer they will have the sky HD receivers in stock from monday next week,

can you scan and post this info???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why? Don't you believe him?:confused::)
  • Options
    Forum Member

no i belive him. i just want to see it with own eyes :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't not have a scanner here in work, The info was direct from the asa dept so i would say the all ASA's will have it in the post today aswell,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From DS Latest News

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds28621.html

This isn't the exact same info that the OP refers to, but it might be useful to you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the paper work i have from sky said 1st of april but when i phoned the ASA Dept ment about 20min ago they said they will be sending SKY HD customer contracts out to asa's this week so it could be sooner
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sat-man wrote:
    the paper work i have from sky said 1st of april but when i phoned the ASA Dept ment about 20min ago they said they will be sending SKY HD customer contracts out to asa's this week so it could be sooner

do you think that they will install HD boxes before the official April 1st date?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yes when sky digital first started in 1998 i was installing systems 3 weeks or so before the official launch date
    do you think that they will install HD boxes before the official April 1st date?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sat-man wrote:
    yes when sky digital first started in 1998 i was installing systems 3 weeks or so before the official launch date

god your busy posting both on here and avforums :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member

Who the hell is Philip Ant? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sat-man wrote:

do you offer a mail order service?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    Do you need a special LNB for skyHD?
  • Options
    maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Do you need a special LNB for skyHD?

No, just HD receiver and HD ready TV.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder when we will start to hear of Sonys Partnership. I notice that Premiere Shop in Germany does Finance for all their products, even standard Set top boxes, Sky should do the same.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    do you reckon ireland will be at the same time, or will we have to wait like the sky+ service?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    sat-man wrote:

Hi, do you have any info on whether the HD boxes will be an update of the sky+ box (ie record tv/pause/rewind) and all the other bits us measley normal sky subscribers dont have?

Cheers :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davel73 wrote:
    Hi, do you have any info on whether the HD boxes will be an update of the sky+ box (ie record tv/pause/rewind) and all the other bits us measley normal sky subscribers dont have?

Cheers :)

Itll work like a sky+ box & i expect unless you subscribe to 2 premium channels theyll charge you extra for the service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect unless you subscribe to 2 premium channels they'll charge you extra for the service.
    Errrrrrr, I think you'll find that the subscription to High Definition will be payable whatever services you currently subscribe to. That's the "joy" of being an early adopter of new technology; you have to pay extra for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Errrrrrr, I think you'll find that the subscription to High Definition will be payable whatever services you currently subscribe to. That's the "joy" of being an early adopter of new technology; you have to pay extra for it.

Have they annouced this or are you just guessing?