Options

Dmr-es10 Progressive Scan Cutting Out

MARTIN WEDGEMARTIN WEDGE Posts: 59
Forum Member
Hi,all
I have a Panny ES10, when I play a DVD that I have recorded myself and play it on an LCD TV using progressive scan it plays OK, BUT when I play a prerecorded DVD that I have bought (any title) every 2/3 minutes the screen goes blank and the sound goes off for a second then comes back on, if I turn progressive off it plays OK. I have tried it on another make of LCD and the results are similar. I have read that it could be due to the macro for copy protection.Any body know of this problem and a CURE. I also have a Sony RDR-GX 210 that does almost exactly the same. It does seem odd that you cant play a top quality film at the players top quality setting. I have contacted both companies and waiting a reply.
Martin Wedge

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Can't help with your problem but I have an ES10 with an LCD TV with component connections and progressive scan turned on and don't have your problem when playing commercial DVDs, so it seems that it's something to do with your equipment or setup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks npmcl
    maybe its the tv Iwill try and contact V7, I can use it ok with progressive turned off but its a tad lower quality pic.
    Thanks
    Martin
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    As you said that you've already tried it with another LCD with similar results it would appear that the problem is with the DVDR, unless in some way you were using similar incorrect settings on both TVs. Have you read pages 14, 27, 36, 42 and 45 in the DVDR manual?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi npmcl
    Gone through manual again and found I had it setup ok, but tried diferent settings just to see what would happen even tried unpluging scarts, nothing cured the problem.
    Looked at the manual for second TV (a cheapo one I got for my camper) doesnt even mention component let alone progressive so I think I can rule out that tast.contacted V7 today.
    Thank for your time
    Martin