Anne Diamond cheats? on Fit Club

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere. According to today's Mirror, Anne Diamond has managed to lose weight on Celebrity Fit Club by having had a gastric band operation just before the show. Surprisingly, some of the other contestants feel that her actions are a tad unsporting. :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16670473%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=celebrity%2dfib%2dclub-name_page.html

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    If she has had that done then she should not be on the show and should be kicked out of the show
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thing is she's not losing that amount of weight really.

Very similar to the others so it can't be working for her.

I feel so sorry that she feels so bad for herself she has done that.

I'm sure she started at around 15st. So although a lot more than she should be not as bad as some.

I hope she gets some emotional help too.
  • WickedLadyWickedLady Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SinSeer wrote:
    Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere. According to today's Mirror, Anne Diamond has managed to lose weight on Celebrity Fit Club by having had a gastric band operation just before the show. Surprisingly, some of the other contestants feel that her actions are a tad unsporting. :D

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16670473%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=celebrity%2dfib%2dclub-name_page.html

I think Anne's a very troubled woman who doesn't seem to know what she wants.
    She's not happy being fat, but here's a woman who went out at night in dressing gown and slippers to the all-night petrol station to get chocolate and sweets!
    I don't think her problems will be solved by gastric banding, but mental therapy might help her.
    Forum Member
    WickedLady wrote:
    I think Anne's a very troubled woman who doesn't seem to know what she wants.
    She's not happy being fat, but here's a woman who went out at night in dressing gown and slippers to the all-night petrol station to get chocolate and sweets!
    I don't think her problems will be solved by gastric banding, but mental therapy might help her.
    I have to agree with what you have said there she needs mental help
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know she lied about having the gastric band fitted but I dont think she should be booted off the programme. That could do more harm than good. Okay she'll lose weight because of the band with or without the tv programme but it wont help her mental wellbeing to be kicked off the series.
    Forum Member
    I think she should be booted of as she has lied to all the staff her own team mates
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hayley1970 wrote:
    I know she lied about having the gastric band fitted but I dont think she should be booted off the programme. That could do more harm than good. Okay she'll lose weight because of the band with or without the tv programme but it wont help her mental wellbeing to be kicked off the series.

No I don't think she should be kicked off, but it doesn't make what she's done fair.
    Perhaps some form of penalty would be better?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With some people the band doesnt work anyway and judging by her weightloss so far in the series compared with the others it doesnt seem to be making that much difference, personally i think she should have waited until after the programme but perhaps she did before she signed up.

Whatever the reasons she needs clearly needs support if she feels so depressed with herself that she needs to resort to an operation and the last thing she needs is confrontations branding her a cheat!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she was that desperate to have the gastric band fitted, surely it would have been better to wait until after the programme, then whatever weight she lost would have been lost in exactly the same way as the other celebs, by diet and exercise alone.
  • strawberry66strawberry66 Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waxlion wrote:
    With some people the band doesnt work anyway and judging by her weightloss so far in the series compared with the others it doesnt seem to be making that much difference, personally i think she should have waited until after the programme but perhaps she did before she signed up.

Whatever the reasons she needs clearly needs support if she feels so depressed with herself that she needs to resort to an operation and the last thing she needs is confrontations branding her a cheat!
    Well said, I feel very sorry for her
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WickedLady wrote:
    No I don't think she should be kicked off, but it doesn't make what she's done fair.
    Perhaps some form of penalty would be better?

I agree with some sort of penalty - perhaps halving her weekly weightloss. Doesnt seem fair on her team though.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to the radio news, she actually had it fitted in Belgium a year ago!
    If that's right, can she ask for her money back? :o
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for her, she seems desperately unhappy, and completely out of control with regard to her weight.

It makes me sad to see her, she seems so scarred by all the nasty media comments and incapable of putting it behind her and just rebuilding her life and sorting her problems out.
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    The gastric band operation makes me think that she hasn't accepted the underlying philosophy behind CFC (or indeed behind any long-term successful healthy eating plan) and that is sticking to a sensible low-fat diet and moderate exercise and changing your eating habits FOR LIFE - but is still looking for quick fix answers. I do find it a bit alarming the current obession with surgery to 'fix' weight problems - I would have thought it was suitable only for those who are life-threateningly obese and Ann is certainly not that ...

I must admit she irritated me a little bit last week by storming off the field like that and I couldn't help thinking that she really is a bit up herself and expects special treatment and attention ... She deserved to lose her team captainship ...
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,467
    Forum Member
    She's a complex one for sure - doesn't like confrontation (esp. when the person irking her is onto something); evidence of denial etc.
  • gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for Anne Diamond. I think the work she did for the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Foundation was amazing. It cant be easy losing your baby so suddenly then your husband up and leaving you too. She has had more thgan her fair share of tragedy. Over eating was maybe her way of comforting herself. Its a shame because I think she looks ok.
  • bettycatbettycat Posts: 6,390
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for Anne Diamond. I think the work she did for the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Foundation was amazing. It cant be easy losing your baby so suddenly then your husband up and leaving you too. She has had more thgan her fair share of tragedy. Over eating was maybe her way of comforting herself. Its a shame because I think she looks ok.
    She was over-weight before any of this happened, while she was working on 'Anne and Nick'. Her husband had previously left a wife for Anne too.

I respect everything that she has done for Cot Death and its awareness but surely that can't justify everything she has done since?
  • loverofgcloverofgc Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    I would make a comment about Anne Diamond, but I think I would be shot down in flames!

I'm sure you all know what I think anyway!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loverofgc wrote:
    I would make a comment about Anne Diamond, but I think I would be shot down in flames!

Oh yes we do! ;) :rolleyes:
  • gonnaenodaethatgonnaenodaethat Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think she isnt that over weight that she had to go for gastric bypass. I didnt think she was "big" on Anne and Nick either. I think she must have very low self esteem. You cant help but wonder if it stems from her babies death and losing her husband. I cant remember his name . Mike something maybe. He was her boss at GMTV. These things do affect you. Not sure if reality TV is something a fragile personality should do. I know she comes across as all tough and hard but inside I think she is just crumbling. A childs death is something you never truly get over.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am watching the world's largest man: one thousand pounds!! The surgeon explained that even with a gastric band and a shrunken stomach, if a patient eats continuously, they can put the weight back on again with a vengeance and at a faster pace than before. So Anne might not eat large meals, but if she eats a lot of the wrong things over the entire day, she would still be consuming a huge amount of calories.

If she exercises and eats sensibly she will lose the weight and keep it off. But it sounds as if she had the operation but has found it impossible to tackle her long term problems with food and exercise.
  • FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loverofgc wrote:

Yup! No doubt you think her husband was right to leave her as she clearly wasn't respecting him by piling on the pounds! Am I in the right ballcourt, loverofgc? :D
  • loverofgcloverofgc Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    FordCapri wrote:
    Yup! No doubt you think her husband was right to leave her as she clearly wasn't respecting him by piling on the pounds! Am I in the right ballcourt, loverofgc? :D

I'm glad you agree! It's nice to get a happy smilie, thank you!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are over reacting! This news is making front pages, and all its about is an overweight celeb doing something about there problem, while taking part in a Reality TV show? Give me a break!
  • FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loverofgc wrote:
    I'm glad you agree! It's nice to get a happy smilie, thank you!

Erm I don't agree with you at all! Merely highlighting how thoroughly you've got your opinion across on the subject on women who refuse to diet to the size of a skeleton for the benefit of their no doubt beer-bellied men! :D:)