Options

Aled! A stroll down memory lane

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,945
Forum Member
I know it's old hat(!!!) I loved this series(SC3) and I loved Matthew and Brendan and Anton but I didn't feel for any of them the way I did for Aled. When I read the Bill threads I undersatnd and sympathise. I used to get up at 7 to listen to and record Classic FM on Sundays!!!I watched Songs of Praise, rugby games where he was singing the Welsh national anthem and even programmes in Welsh on SC4. You try working out when he's on from the SC4 Sky programme!I bought the Classic FM mag and the rest. I didn't come on here then so was all alone!!I still remember how he looked for the paso!!!

Was anyone else similarly hooked?

Comments

• Options
    CP30CP30 Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Glad to see us Billettes have helped to reignite your passion for your man CAMBER!

I really like Aled too, though not in a passionate way. Just found him great fun and loved to see him improve each week.

Will leave this thread now to all the true Aled people ....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Matthew way more than practically anyone, but that's besides the point!!

Aled & Lilia were the cutest, I can remember so many fab quotes! :D They should have won!!! lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aled and Lilia were my favourite couple from series two.

I quite enjoyed the original giggle twins' antics, including Lilia teasing him about "wobble, jobble". Not sure about her dominatrix tendencies with the whip though! :eek: They seemed to have a good laugh together. The bit where they sprayed the fake tan onto him was very peculiar television, but I'm sure the women enjoyed it for purely aesthetic reasons of course.

Another reason why I liked Aled was the manifestation of his multiple identities, including:

Aledino Jones (Pronounced ho-nez) - Glad he did not wear the curly long-haired wig while he danced Latin

"Foxy" - The slinky womanizing foxtrotter

Aled Du Join - A homage to Anton Du Beke's Ballroom prowess?

I think it's a good approach to feeling and performing the dances, while capturing the mood of each one. I particularly enjoyed his Jive to Crazy Little Thing Called Love and his Paso was memorable as he skidded on his knees - good choice of dramatic music as well. I looked upon him as being representative of the blokes although he was a notch below Denise and Jill in terms of dance ability. It was disappointing not to see him in the final, but as SCD three has had a burst of superb male celebrities I have been able to get over it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,668
    Forum Member
    I was torn between Aled & Lilia and Julian & Erin last series. I loved Aled & Lilia but I thought Erin had such an achievement with Julian too. She really worked at his level. I think I voted for both couples most of the series. In the final I voted for Jill & Darren. I didn't take to Denise & Ian at all. I didn't like her feet. I know I sound like Arlene but she didn't have good feet. You shouldn't notice them and hers stuck out all the time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PeachUK wrote:
    I was torn between Aled & Lilia and Julian & Erin last series. I loved Aled & Lilia but I thought Erin had such an achievement with Julian too. She really worked at his level. I think I voted for both couples most of the series. In the final I voted for Jill & Darren. I didn't take to Denise & Ian at all. I didn't like her feet. I know I sound like Arlene but she didn't have good feet. You shouldn't notice them and hers stuck out all the time.
    I know I didn't take to Denise at all and I don't know why. I voted foe Jill and Darren(who was lovely and hasn't been mentioned much recently -what a gent with gloria).But I was suicidal when Aled didn't make the final. By the way why was there no Blackpool this year?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aled and lilia's Tango was fantastic. Lilia has to be the best dance teacher on SCD.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Must agree
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Lilia saying something like "to be honest I do not care what you think" (or words to that effect) to Aled and "wobble jobble" was v funny too! :D

i thought they were great together
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It does show what a great teacher Lilia is to achieve so much with both Darren and Aled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CAMBER wrote:
    It does show what a great teacher Lilia is to achieve so much with both Darren and Aled.
    They both lost weight ( lots of hard work). And although I was completely not a fan of Darren G his xmas quickstep showed how much he had progressed. Still thought Zoe Ball, James Martin or even Rachel Hunter should have won though ;)

I did like Lilia's Jive with Darren. Her choereography is spot on. She can make simple steps so entertaining.
  • Options
    LancslassLancslass Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    CAMBER wrote:
    I know it's old hat(!!!) I loved this series(SC3) and I loved Matthew and Brendan and Anton but I didn't feel for any of them the way I did for Aled. When I read the Bill threads I undersatnd and sympathise. I used to get up at 7 to listen to and record Classic FM on Sundays!!!I watched Songs of Praise, rugby games where he was singing the Welsh national anthem and even programmes in Welsh on SC4. You try working out when he's on from the SC4 Sky programme!I bought the Classic FM mag and the rest. I didn't come on here then so was all alone!!I still remember how he looked for the paso!!!

Was anyone else similarly hooked?

Gosh!! I thought it was only me, even Songs of Praise took on a new light.
    I had never had a reaction like that before to a TV programme, and now, though I always watch Aled wherever possible I find myself taking on a similar compulsion for Darren Gough. What does SCD do to get under our skins so????
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lancslass wrote:
    Gosh!! I thought it was only me, even Songs of Praise took on a new light.
    I had never had a reaction like that before to a TV programme, and now, though I always watch Aled wherever possible I find myself taking on a similar compulsion for Darren Gough. What does SCD do to get under our skins so????

I even recorded a programme that was on for 3 hours, on the radio, so I could hear 2 minutes! And he was on Classic FM on New Year's day so set alarm!
    Re Songs of Praise-learnt a few hymns!!
    Didn't you love that accent!
    St valentines's day brings it all back - I sent him one, how embarrassing!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAMBER wrote:
    I even recorded a programme that was on for 3 hours, on the radio, so I could hear 2 minutes! And he was on Classic FM on New Year's day so set alarm!
    Re Songs of Praise-learnt a few hymns!!
    Didn't you love that accent!
    St valentines's day brings it all back - I sent him one, how embarrassing!!!

lol what an admission but you mite as well declare your love loud and proud!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It passed !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CAMBER wrote:
    It passed !!!

Ah how fickel love can be? Poor Aled i'm sure you declared your un-dying love for him and then a week later nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BlueNessie wrote:
    Ah how fickel love can be? Poor Aled i'm sure you declared your un-dying love for him and then a week later nothing.
    A bit longer. I think about March when I fell for ... well I can't remember who.....