Options

TU-CTH100 v0.57 - Important OAD 08-11 Feb 2006 - the new thread!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
Forum Member
Not wishing to be a killjoy by getting here first, however, I just thought it would be sensible to start a brand new thread as this is probably the make or break patch for our beloved Panny... so lets all try to be a bit disciplined and post our experiences on this thread (my 200th!) - please :) ... 49 minutes to go, tick tock...

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    DTG site tells me it should start at 10.00am. Have had the Panny in update mode since then but as yet it has not detected any updates.!!
    Any one got it yet or is there something I don't know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    pafos wrote:
    DTG site tells me it should start at 10.00am. Have had the Panny in update mode since then but as yet it has not detected any updates.!!
    Any one got it yet or is there something I don't know.
    Do you mean you've tried to do a manual update? Mine didn't pick up the last one automatically. (I'm not at home at the moment,so can't try it myself.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewisnt wrote:
    Do you mean you've tried to do a manual update? Mine didn't pick up the last one automatically. (I'm not at home at the moment,so can't try it myself.)
    Yes, I am using the manual update mode which worked in the past ok. Just had another go but still no update download.DTG site still showing today at 10.00am so I do not know what is going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pafos wrote:
    Yes, I am using the manual update mode which worked in the past ok. Just had another go but still no update download.DTG site still showing today at 10.00am so I do not know what is going on.
    DTG site is saying the download will now start at 11
  • Options
    Forum Member
    re my last post. Good news, download now started on a 30 minute update. Lets keep our fingers crossed that it will solve some of the problems at least.
    By the way why does this forum show the wrong time of post by 1 hour.
    Regards to all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pafos wrote:
    By the way why does this forum show the wrong time of post by 1 hour.
    Regards to all
    Doesn't for me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GG here. Started the download at 11.01, says it takes 30 minutes, keeping my fingers crossed will report changes and if it has solved problems asap!!!!

:):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GG back again has now finished updating so I now plan to put it through its paces, and see if problems have been sorted. Will report back a.s.a.p.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Ola!

Have just started my download...hoorraah! Lets see if it behaves any better....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Can't wait ... will try at lunch time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GG back again has now finished updating so I now plan to put it through its paces, and see if problems have been sorted. Will report back a.s.a.p.

I'm not at home... but am keen to know, apart from the actual operational aspects of recording which we'll only really know over the next few days (eg. leaving it in standby on ITV or C4 and see if it fails to record), whether there are any new functions (eg. padding)... somehow I doubt it :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OH S**T!

I am a dead man. The upgrade has finished and has trashed the box, it won't boot. I get the PANASONIC Screen on the front, and thats it...
    HEEELLLLPPPP!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JellyFish! wrote:
    OH S**T!

I am a dead man. The upgrade has finished and has trashed the box, it won't boot. I get the PANASONIC Screen on the front, and thats it...
    HEEELLLLPPPP!!!
    When I did my update earlier on the Panasonic on the display AFTER download ended was there for about 3 minute before it re booted. Did you give it enough time ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah,

I left the system for about 90 minutesfrom start of upgrade, when I went back in to check it, PANASONIC was on the front, no disk activity, no display. When I now boot, PANASONIC comes up, the drive starts to boot then just makes a buzzing noise for 30 secs and stops.

I AM SO DEAD! The boss has got some stuff on there she hasn't watched.....I'm just off to put my knakcers in a blender.....

:o(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JellyFish! wrote:
    Yeah,

I AM SO DEAD! The boss has got some stuff on there she hasn't watched.....I'm just off to put my knakcers in a blender.....

:o(
    o dear---let's hope that the blender is made by Panasonic then it will not work !!!---sorry
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Went home lunchtime...Went to Manual update ... took 20 mins..
    rebooted ....Horror >>>> still V .47 ..
    no time left to try again ... My little doggy wanted her walkies ....
    Will try again tonight ..................................
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have spoken to Panasonic in Wales, Nice guys, am waiting for the engineer to call me back...wish me luck.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has anybody's download actually succeeded, or should the rest of us be pulling the antenna out of the Panny for the next four days????? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewisnt wrote:
    Has anybody's download actually succeeded, or should the rest of us be pulling the antenna out of the Panny for the next four days????? :confused::confused:
    YES--- mine did at the SECOND attempt. After the first attempt it did not update the version number (0.47 still showing) so I repeated it again and this time all was ok. Cannot say if it has solved any problems as it is too early yet.
  • Options
    digidoldigidol Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    lewisnt wrote:

Have already pulled my aerial out before I left for work this morning.

Main reason been, I wanted to manually download it. I have so many problems with the 12.05 re-boot that I didn't want to risk leaving it to download automatically!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes mine is okay. A warning sign did come up after update finished warning not to turn the Panny off, (into standby) so left it, it took about another five minutes before returning to picture. Text on menu's seems clearer, black is more black if you know what I mean, done channel surfing, accessed the Teletext services, no crash or lock up, have set some recordings up to test those, including a film that will run over the midnight problem (never carries out recording that runs over migdnight and into next day) have yet to try the recording to external source, and do some dubbing to external source. Have to test everything for my 'friend' at Panny who wants feedback from me about the update. Obviously will take me a couple of days to test everything. Now we know why it is better to let the unit pick up the software update itself, as if a user is too impatient, it can be upset. In total it did take it roughly 30 minutes from asking did you want to download and then reboot, to actually returning to channel picture. By the way, I made sure that the TU-CTH was tuned to BBC1 as well. (so far so good!!!)

GG:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes mine is okay.
    That's good news! :)
    Have to test everything for my 'friend' at Panny who wants feedback from me about the update. Obviously will take me a couple of days to test everything.
    Has he told you what they think they've fixed?

I put both tuners on BBC1 this morning and left it. I'll see what's happened when I go back home later this afternoon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes mine is okay. A warning sign did come up after update finished warning not to turn the Panny off, (into standby) so left it, it took about another five minutes before returning to picture. Text on menu's seems clearer, black is more black if you know what I mean, done channel surfing, accessed the Teletext services, no crash or lock up, have set some recordings up to test those, including a film that will run over the midnight problem (never carries out recording that runs over migdnight and into next day) have yet to try the recording to external source, and do some dubbing to external source. Have to test everything for my 'friend' at Panny who wants feedback from me about the update. Obviously will take me a couple of days to test everything. Now we know why it is better to let the unit pick up the software update itself, as if a user is too impatient, it can be upset. In total it did take it roughly 30 minutes from asking did you want to download and then reboot, to actually returning to channel picture. By the way, I made sure that the TU-CTH was tuned to BBC1 as well. (so far so good!!!)

GG:)
    After reading with alarm some posts I made some pathetic excuse that I needed to go home for a short while. Well, from standby the update has not taken place... and manually for the last 20 minutes it has failed to find the update and is still searching, so presently I do not know if I am concerned and disappointed... will try again tonight :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nirm wrote:
    After reading with alarm some posts I made some pathetic excuse that I needed to go home for a short while. Well, from standby the update has not taken place... and manually for the last 20 minutes it has failed to find the update and is still searching, so presently I do not know if I am concerned and disappointed... will try again tonight :confused:
    if I remember rightly Nirm, Panny's last update was only available at just after the hour and just after half past the hour because I remember a technician telling me that as it was a big update, you had to try at these exact times. However, your Panny should have picked it up at 12.00 this dinnertime, which is when it boots up if in standby, and seaches for updates. (The famous 'why does the Panny boot up at just after mid-day') Any way, do all be patient if you update manually, when the progress bar is full (100%) a warning will come on screen telling you not to switch to standby, then the Panasonic name appears in the display, and it does seem as if nothing is happening (although I could hear some disc activity) so wait and let the Panny re boot until the channel picture is shown.

GG
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you think that I have been unlucky then? I left the unit for about 90 minutes to update, I didn't switch it off and there was no-one in there, its just trashed. I guess this cuold have happened even if there was an automatic update....

Adam.