Options

Cbeebies presenters

sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know if one of the Cbeebies presenters has left? Sarah Jane from Tikkabilla seems to be appearing rather a lot along with Pete from Boogie Beebies and Ava(?) who seems to be new to the lineup. Also a couple of nights last week the channel finished rather abruptedly without the bedtime song, which I rely on (along with countless others I suspect) to get my offspring to bed! ;)

Comments

• Options
    banbury_oddballbanbury_oddball Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny that, me and the missus have thought that. Camp Chris hasn't been around for a while (to my knowledge) nor has Sue. I think Sarah Jane and Justin from Tikkabilla have been there to help promote the programme, and possibly Pete from Boogie Beebies has been doing the same.
    Although looking at Sarah Jane, she would make a good full time presenter. Maybe they are expanding the presenters, or fading out some of the others. I have noticed the changes since around Christmas and Chris hasn't been seen much since.
  • Options
    listerlister Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris has been on quite a bit, he's been on with Basil Brush and he's on doing birthdays now with Sue.

Looking at the CBeebies Message Board Nicole has left and Sue is leaving soon apprantly.

I need to watch CBeebies quite a lot when I'm not in Uni or work because of my niece. I like that Fireman Sam is back on and I like the new show Doodle Do.
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Like most people with a 2 year old, I watch far more Cbeebies than I really should...

Was surprised to see Pui turn up in the Bridget Jones sequel in the Thai jail scene... (she was also Po in Teletubbies)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    i have been wondering the same and also Sue is the voice of "Tiggs" on The Shiny Show !!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Although looking at Sarah Jane................

;) Theres a lot of dads here with 2YO doing a lot of that! :D:o:D

Me included! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see more of Pete :)

the joys of having a one year old.

oh and am i the only female who finds big cook ben attractive?
  • Options
    DickGherkinDickGherkin Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C Beebies is a load of rubbish and so are todays childrens programmes.
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your kids all grown up, then, DG?

K
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can just imagine him sitting there in front of Cbeebies grumbling to himself.

Anyway arent you a bit too old to be watching pre school tv?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    nibb wrote:

Hey Nibb, did you know that Sarah-Jane was actually a contortionist before she started her career in broadcasting?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sticki -vicki- too much Cbeebies! Big cook Ben..??

The same has happened to me, I've been googling Archie off Balamory (!!)Little Cook Small (!!) and got a thing for Justin from Something Special/Tikkabilla big time.....do these men realise how many stay at home mums lust after them? ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Archie from Balemory!!!!!! nononono mind you at least it's not PC Plum!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nibb wrote:

Is sarah jane the one that is in higgedly house with the man who does the sign language programme (justin I think he is called)

She was very funny in that- her expressions were great

Very creepy programme though. Nasty pretend creepy laughing... :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did someone just say they fancied Archie from balamory? :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not actually Archie...but it was me!
    Did you know he's actually quite cute ?

http://www.rbmcomedy.com/milesjupp.html

I just can't find out whether he or Justin ( what's his last name?)
    are attached or not ;-)
  • Options
    GlenGlen Posts: 12,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You being an expert in pre-school education?

I think you should take a look here and you might realise that Cbeebies produces some of the best programming there is for pre-school children.
  • Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    We went to CBeebies Live in December and the presenters were Sarah Jane, and Justin.

From what I've read on the CBeebies message board it would seem they were aiming at one for the dads, and one for the mums :)

Must admit, Justin is growing on me. Oh, and he also does Boo and is the voice of Jake in Tweenies
  • Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    sunnymeg wrote:
    Also a couple of nights last week the channel finished rather abruptedly without the bedtime song, which I rely on (along with countless others I suspect) to get my offspring to bed! ;)

Ooh, have you seen the uproar about changes to the Bedtime Hour on the CBeebies message board? My feelings, which seem to be shared by everyone over there, are that you can do what you want with the schedule during the day, but the Bedtime Hour is sacred and should be left alone.
  • Options
    PeachiePeachie Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, something else you'd like axed, DickGherkin!

I think if the Television Broadcasters let you have your way as far as axing programmes were concerned, the only thing we'd ever see on screen would be the test card! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not actually Archie...but it was me!
    Did you know he's actually quite cute ?

http://www.rbmcomedy.com/milesjupp.html

I just can't find out whether he or Justin ( what's his last name?)
    are attached or not ;-)

gosh look at him. He looks yummy

I think archie has nice eyes....
  • Options
    DickGherkinDickGherkin Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FaIrYcAkE wrote:
    Ah, something else you'd like axed, DickGherkin!

I think if the Television Broadcasters let you have your way as far as axing programmes were concerned, the only thing we'd ever see on screen would be the test card! :p

The testcard would just suit me fine for Saturday night on both BBC-1 and ITV-1, how did you guess. As for C Beebies and all the other extra BBC Channels, they want scrapping completely because the BBC is far too big at present and needs to be made smaller - two television channels (BBC-1 and BBC-2) and five radio stations (Radios 1-4 and Radio Five Live).
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The testcard would just suit me fine for Saturday night on both BBC-1 and ITV-1, how did you guess. As for C Beebies and all the other extra BBC Channels, they want scrapping completely because the BBC is far too big at present and needs to be made smaller - two television channels (BBC-1 and BBC-2) and five radio stations (Radios 1-4 and Radio Five Live).

Dick, I see you are a great fan of the test card as well! I have to say that girl and the clown are a bit creepy. The beepings a bit scary too.

I would have thought youd have liked the bbc parliament channel. Oh and surely you like News 24?
  • Options
    PeachiePeachie Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did someone just say they fancied Archie from balamory? :o

:eek: Who fancies Archie?

I prefer Spencer myself, but then he's sweet on Josie. And Plummy's too busy trying to have it off with Edie McRedie.

:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You looking for Radios 1 - 4 to be on FM or MW? After all, FM is a bit too modern for you. Oh and surely just one BBC Channel. Can't let it get too modern past 1964 now, can we! :D
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...As for C Beebies and all the other extra BBC Channels, they want scrapping completely...
    Sorry, DG. You're just plain wrong. I'm guessing you don't have toddlers. As the advert says

"If you've got kids, you'll understand"

K