Options

Remote bug

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
Forum Member
I just read the desired software features thread and noticed gagetmind's post about a remote bug here

I have also had this problem i orgianally had this down as my TV remote having a similar IR signal to the Humax for whatever function.... Having read the above thread seems like someone else has suffered from it.

Anyone else found it/reported it?

Chris

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be related or be the cause of the remote clash I reported sometime ago...

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=328480
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 298
    Forum Member
    I have this bug....changing the volume on my TV also changes the channel on the Humax 9200T. Very annoying :mad:

There is a workaround though. Hit pause briefly and then play before using volume control (so the Humax is playing from a short buffer), then the Humax won't change channel when adjusting the TV volume. Still very annoying though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I reported this bug to Humax via email very shortly after getting the box (I sent them a list of bugs and a list of feature requests)

It's nothing to do with a remote clash - pretty much any other remote signal will cause the Humax to repeat the last command it received from its own remote. The window seems to be 2-3 seconds.

I really hope they fix this one as I use PowerMids to control the Humax from several locations. So someone elsewhere in the house can make controlling the Humax rather "interesting".

Ian
  • Options
    andyhurleyandyhurley Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gadgetmind wrote:
    I reported this bug to Humax via email very shortly after getting the box (I sent them a list of bugs and a list of feature requests)

It's nothing to do with a remote clash - pretty much any other remote signal will cause the Humax to repeat the last command it received from its own remote. The window seems to be 2-3 seconds.

Yes, I noticed this for the first time this week. My wife was complaining that the channel kept changing and I assumed it was finger trouble until I was able to reproduce it. We have punch though volume control configured on our OFA6 so changing the channel and then rapidly changing the volume due to the new channel being too loud, for example, is not uncommon. Funny neither of us has noticed it before, we have had the box since October.

I have just got round to loading a JP1 file to control the Humax (was just using learned buttons up to now) so maybe that is a contributary factor.