NME Awards

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds29563.html

Ha ha just want to to congratulate NME.com for winning the best website catagory at the NME awards...

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    spenno wrote:

Ha ha just want to to congratulate NME.com for winning the best website catagory at the NME awards...

How the hell did they get away with that?

"And the NME award for best website is....the NME website!"
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And how did Pete Drugerty get voted Sexiest Male?

Who voted in this category - Kate and Pete?
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    Sexiest Male...Pete Doherty.

Yes, because we all want to be shagged by a sweating smackhead dont we?
  • MaxCherryMaxCherry Posts: 9,013
    Forum Member
    If anyone has a clip of the "tabledive" please post it.

I think pete won because there are photos of his cock on the internet.
  • Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    Haha. The NME awards are now sponsored by ShockWaves. How rock and roll.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe people think the doherty guy's good looking. I refuse to believe this is people's opinion, his bands fans must of continually kept voting for him.

Dino
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    NME awards-what a load of crap. Watched it on TV last night. I thought it was a bit out of order that Sir Bob Geldof called Russell Brand a c*nt. I like Russell, he was the only reason I watched. Was surprised Kanye West won Best Solo Artist when most of the awards are so guitar-rock based. Liked that Kanye thought the new Sugarbabe was his award. :D Pete Doherty winning Sexiest Male-WTF? :confused:
  • xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote:
    And how did Pete Drugerty get voted Sexiest Male?

Who voted in this category - Kate and Pete?

eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww :eek:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was one award which was completely correct. Worst album - Back to Bedlam, James Blunt! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    June wrote:
    There was one award which was completely correct. Worst album - Back to Bedlam, James Blunt! :D

Bit harsh, i could think of a lot of albums that would have be more suited to that award. I like his album, at least he wrote it himself unlike a lot of "artists" these days!! Also it shows these awards are a joke by voting pete the smack head doherty sexiest male- :eek:
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,663
    Forum Member
    June wrote:

LOL, it's a good job he's "emotionally stunted" then :rolleyes: ;)

I have to agree about Bob, I don't see any reason for calling Russel a c*nt. He seemed pretty offended at the time, but his comeback was great :D

Overall it was an OK show. Worth it for Razorlight, Nick Frost & Sean Pegg ("That's SO NME! :D") and Russel Brand. It's hard to take the NME awards too seriously though, especially when the winners don't appear to be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit harsh, i could think of a lot of albums that would have be more suited to that award. I like his album, at least he wrote it himself unlike a lot of "artists" these days!! Also it shows these awards are a joke by voting pete the smack head doherty sexiest male- :eek:

What does the fact that he wrote the album himself have to do with anything? And what do you mean by "these days"?

Frank Sinatra, Dusty Springfield, Elvis Presley, Dionne Warwick and Aretha Franklin are just a few examples of the many artists who did not write their own material, all of whom had more talent than James Blunt can ever dream of possessing.

Oh, and I think Mr Doherty is sexy :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of the Doherty, but sexiest male? that has GOT to be a joke! Ricky Wilson from Kaiser Chiefs should have been given that particular award! :p yum!