Options

Genus VIZO MP4 player

Hi

i have the Genus VIZO model 1 mp4 player, and im having trouble connecting it to my tv, my tv doesnt have the three audio/video colourd ports, so im using a scart adaptor which i plug the three leads into there, then just plug the scart into the scart port...

Then i turn the player on and put tv on av channel, and there it should work.. but it doesnt, its all black and white, ive tryd it in my brothers tv and it works fine! Anyone know why the colour on mine is all black n white and how i could fix it,

Thanks

- Josh

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Just got my son one of these for his birthday on Thursday. I've been playing around with it tonight (just in the name of checkign it's ok you know...lol), and find it a great bit of kit. The picture quality is great, I copied a dvd vob file, and some photos on to check it was ok. mp3s sounded great on it too, tempted to get another one for myself actually.

As for your problem, I haven't tried it on the TV, but I read it outputs Pal (the UK standard), and NTSC (the american standard) formats. Some TVs support both types, while others will only play Pal. I'm not sure where it is on the Vizo, but probably in Setup, try and make sure the output type is set to Pal and not NTSC. Maybe your brothers TV is capable of both formats, but yours only does Pal?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    Try a different scart adapter. If it is a cheap one, it can be a problem.

Also, some adapter work input only - some output only

BTW - as per my previous post, this player is under £50 in Dixons!!!!