Options

NTL BB keeps dropping out!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,509
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My NTL 2 megabit connection keeps dropping out needing me to reboot the cable modem to get my internet back. This has been happening for the last 3-4 days and is getting a bit annoying.

Any1 else had this?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    Its been happening to me since October last year, i'm on 1MB service, im really tired of it, and me thinking NTL would fix the problem, i haven't called up yet, don't want to give them problems but this takes the p*ss
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only been hapenning to me today, but it's really annoying. I don't have to reboot the modem though, it is reconeccting itself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its been happening to me today more then it has of late, this is so annoying, and yes it disconnects then reconnects about 3 seconds later, happening every 3 mins or so
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't hapenned to us before until today. We're going to ring NTL if it hasn't stopped by tomorrow. I'm wondering if maybe the Modem's had it (it's 4 years old), or it might be connected to the problems we had with the TV yesterday (though a large numbers of forumers reported that, barely anyone seems to have reported this).
  • Options
    ScottishwhiteScottishwhite Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zeeshaan19 wrote:
    Its been happening to me since October last year, i'm on 1MB service, im really tired of it, and me thinking NTL would fix the problem, i haven't called up yet, don't want to give them problems but this takes the p*ss

Have you thought that ntl haven't got crystal balls? Get 'em phoned!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im on wireless so havent been checking what the modem has been doing but my 2mb connection has been very slow today indeed. Painfully infact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mines been doing it, but only in an evening. And I thought it coincided with when i've been using windows vista, rather than XP. Maybe it's not anything to do with that, and is an ntl problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I tried getting on the web this morning about around 8, it was down but not sure if this was because of NTL or something to do with me installing Zone Alarm last night - when I installed that at around 11pm and restarted everything, the web was gone at that time also.

At college now but wondering if its something I should be worried about or is simply affecting me because of NTL :confused: Anyone else in the Luton area experience any problems late last night or early this morning?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in the luton area and didnt have any problems yesterday evening or this morning.

But I ma having a continual problem of slow speeds but last night it seemed fine. I should be on 2mb but never actually get that.

Waffles
  • Options
    m@rkm@rk Posts: 1,236
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    three words, join the club. It happens me for a few days and then stops and then a while after it starts again. Annoys me so much
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Waffles wrote:
    I'm in the luton area and didnt have any problems yesterday evening or this morning.

But I ma having a continual problem of slow speeds but last night it seemed fine. I should be on 2mb but never actually get that.

Waffles

Thanks! I did find out it was the Zone Alarm so got rid of it for the time being (I've got a very large amount of antispy programs in place anyway) but will find out how to configure it for working with my internet asap.

Thanks for the reply again :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nothing new here, been getting worse in the last few days, on 1MB in North/West London, NTL Silver 120 Modem, damn why can't NTL soft this crap out, i don't complain but this is gettin out of order, been happenin since October 2005.
  • Options
    njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    It isn't visible from the flashy lights on the modem but my connection does seem to stall every so often. It lasts a few minutes and then pages will start loading and other internet services kick back into life... this has happened since I upgraded to 10meg. On the 3meg line there were no connection problems whatsoever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It hasn't been d/c today, but its been very, very slow ...
  • Options
    Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Yep im running at 400k, but Im on a 10mb line.

Its very slow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    rebalancing work still being done..... this is the first time I've had problems.....
  • Options
    markelliottmarkelliott Posts: 3,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have NTL 1mb, and for the past half hour, many sites keep coming up with 'The page cannot be displayed' in IE. Pages that do load are very slow. All the Net is practically down at the mo, as I cannot access hardly anything. Luckily DS is working fine.

I'm in Peterborough.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Problems here in Bolton too. First time this has happened to me tho, so I guess Im the lucky one!!
  • Options
    CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same with me, looks like a nationwide problem. Hell of a bad time to carry work out!
  • Options
    TellyBoyTellyBoy Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes some sites aren't working for me either. Google, eBay, Yahoo etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't had access to Google or ebay (just 2 examples I guess) for last half hour... WTF are they doing?
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Its been troublesome for me too.
  • Options
    GooglerGoogler Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i cant sign into MSN. ANyone else having same problem?

Also, cant get to google groups either

I,m in Leicester

EDIT: Both working ok now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I can get into MSN ok, also Google seems to be up again for me. However there is a hell of a lot of sites that are down.

They must be on different DNS servers or sumut??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Yeah mines been playing up since 7, first time since in 2 years though lol. Msn lets me in but its limited features and as for ebay.... I cant bid NOOOOO lol

Keeps saying PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED on most sites. Im in Stoke :rolleyes: