Options

Fta Fox News

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
Forum Member
After the recent 'shuffling' of channel Numbers I appear to have Fox News on my Panasonic FTA Rx.
Any confirmation this is permanent.

Comments

• Options
    TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    I asked the same question yesterday,there's been no reply about this,as yet,it seems.
    Well,it is FOX NEWS,we're talking about,after all :eek:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

Surely nobody wants to submit themselves to US propaganda!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rai man wrote:
    LOL

My thoughts exactly...and who owns Fox ?? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony "Dubya" Murdoch, I believe ;)
  • Options
    logjamlogjam Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fox News isn't FTA with me. Neither is it FTV. Pehaps something changed this morning
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    Amstrad- No
    Panny- No
    Pace- Yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):)

1/3!
  • Options
    JackPaarJackPaar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting Fox News FTA on a Sky Pace digibox. They'll probably switch it off once they read this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh well make the most of it while it lasts. I don't understand why it's a subscription channel. Murdcocks other news channel is FTA (Sky News).
  • Options
    JackPaarJackPaar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It should be FTA. Some of the stuff on The O'Reilly Factor is interesting. Helps to even things up a little after all the biased lefty news channels.
  • Options
    BundymanBundyman Posts: 7,199
    Forum Member
    rai man wrote:
    LOL

It's not a propaganda channel, it's a news channel & a good one at that!

If you don't like it fine, but it's not Blairs or Bushes channel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Bundyman wrote:

You sure about that???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    josephgall wrote:
    You sure about that???

Of course i'm sure.

You should try watching it sometimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    i love fox news . it so bad its funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The only thing i dislike is bloody Fox Cast every five minutes. It really annoys me. They don't even put Wales or scotland on the map.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nnails wrote:
    i love fox news . it so bad its funny.

Ok what is so bad & funny about it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LIDDARD wrote:
    The only thing i dislike is bloody Fox Cast every five minutes. It really annoys me. They don't even put Wales or scotland on the map.

Well they can't show the commercials, so they have to put something on & you can't put everywhere on a map. But i will concede that some of the places chosen are strange.

Example being Newquay but not Cardiff, but it's a very minor thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bundyman wrote:

Cough, splutter....are you serious or winding us up?... :eek:
  • Options
    logjamlogjam Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I could break into the political argument :D

There appears to be 2 transmissions of Fox New on
    11720 & 12070
    Which one is supposed to be FTA?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silvernet wrote:
    Cough, splutter....are you serious or winding us up?... :eek:

Of course i'm serious. Fox News is a very good news channel

If you have a SERIOUS problem with that, let's hear it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIDDARD wrote:

Quite agree, it's the main reason I turn to another station, drives me mad, is there a reason why they don't have adverts, seems stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bonfireboy wrote:
    Quite agree, it's the main reason I turn to another station, drives me mad, is there a reason why they don't have adverts, seems stupid.

We get the American feed & they can't put out the adverts. There are several reasons for this:

1. Advertisers would have to pay for the rights to air the commercials across the world. That is pay the voice over artists more & more for any music.The cost would be horrendus.

2./ Some of the products are not sold in this country, which would break OFCOM broadcasting rules

3. Some products are advertised on American TV that are not allowed to be advertised here, such as prescription medicines

But why would you want to want to watch adverts for Wendys or the new Chrysler car that you can't buy.

I accept the map isn't ideal, but with around 18 mins an hour of commerical time to fil, what elses are you going to put on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you like Fox, have you thought about looking at all the Voice of America variants on Hotbird?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bundyman wrote:
    Of course i'm serious. Fox News is a very good news channel

If you have a SERIOUS problem with that, let's hear it

I don't have a " SERIOUS " problem with anything on TV, least of all Fox News.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bundyman wrote:
    We get the American feed & they can't put out the adverts. There are several reasons for this:

1. Advertisers would have to pay for the rights to air the commercials across the world. That is pay the voice over artists more & more for any music.The cost would be horrendus.

2./ Some of the products are not sold in this country, which would break OFCOM broadcasting rules

3. Some products are advertised on American TV that are not allowed to be advertised here, such as prescription medicines

But why would you want to want to watch adverts for Wendys or the new Chrysler car that you can't buy.

I accept the map isn't ideal, but with around 18 mins an hour of commerical time to fil, what elses are you going to put on

I realise that they can't show Amercan adverts on the station, but why on earth can't they sell advertising space and have some normal commercials in place of continual weather forecasts, or at last find something better to fill the breaks with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bonfireboy wrote:
    I realise that they can't show Amercan adverts on the station, but why on earth can't they sell advertising space and have some normal commercials in place of continual weather forecasts, or at last find something better to fill the breaks with.
    -

Well as they broadcast Fox News around the world, i would guess that selling commercials in all those different countries/regions would require loads of sales people in different countries, to say nothing of playing out different commercials to different countries and making sure they all balance time-wise with what's happening in America.

What happens if you do if you fill the log for Europe, but not for Asia?.You still have to fill that time with promos/weather etc until America is ready.

It's all just too hard for a channel that just wants to broadcast it's news service around the globe. This way, they just send the weather to each satellite and cut it when the break is over in America

It's not ideal, but it's cheaper, easier & there's less potential for a cock up this way