not much..
  • Live82005Live82005 Posts: 5,338
    Forum Member
    I really like her, but other people dont seem to agree :(

What is there to like about her?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does she have a sponsorship deal for Botox? She had rather a tight expressionless face on that Eurovision farce yesterday. Its curious lack of movement was a bit of a hindrance for someone whose chief duty was to smile at Terry's jokes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Sorry, I just can't take to her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's only got these jobs because she is probably shagging someone in the BBC head office.

Very motionless and patronising presenter. Still, sending that load of crap to Athens was beneficial, as if we did win, we'd had to have this BBC trollop present it.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshbabe wrote:
    What do you think of Natasha kaplinsky

I reach for the off button whenever she appears. Surely Sky News can sign her up then I'll never have to see her again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's awful.
  • macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshbabe wrote:

To be honest I try not to.................. :D :eek:
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    Tel69 wrote:
    I reach for the off button whenever she appears. Surely Sky News can sign her up then I'll never have to see her again.

Well she use to work for Sky News before she got the job of presenting the BBC's 'Breakfast' show.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's obviously an intelligent woman, but unfortunately, her manner is unsuitable (IMHO) for light entertainment, because she does not have the charisma or personality to carry it off. She comes across as cold, patronising, with an innate air of obsequiosness (sp)? that just leaves me cold.

She's OK readign the news on her own but if she has a co-presenter or tries to discuss the issues behind the news, she irritates.
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    She's obviously an intelligent woman.

She certainly is. She studied English at the University of Oxford.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's obviously an intelligent woman, but unfortunately, her manner is unsuitable (IMHO) for light entertainment, because she does not have the charisma or personality to carry it off. She comes across as cold, patronising, with an innate air of obsequiosness (sp)? that just leaves me cold.

She's OK readign the news on her own but if she has a co-presenter or tries to discuss the issues behind the news, she irritates.
    Very good post, couldn't have said it better.

She should stick to the news and stop spoiling crap light entertainment programmes with her presence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's very amateurish too and her sloppy research for interviews is legendary. Like the time she was interviewing David Croft of Dad's Army fame, and she asked him if he'd actually seen any of the shows being made. He gave her a very old-fashioned look and replied "Well, I did direct most of them". She had a run-in with Pierce Brosnan at a premiere too making ridiculous twittering remarks, like "Oooh, I expected you to abseil down the side of the building!"

She's lazy, idiotic, patronising, cold and if she was chocolate she'd eat herself.
  • FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welshbabe wrote:

She has no effect or impact on me in the slighest. She is so nondescript that I can think of nothing at all to comment on about her. Sorry welshbabe. I guess I could say she's alright but that wouldn't make a very interesting post, would it? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She annoys the hell out of me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't take to her at all, I'm not sure why, she doesn't seem to have a very warm personality, seems a bit fake perhaps, not sure, but I can't take to her at all.
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only popular because she is sucking off someone at head office in the BBC.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's only got these jobs because she is probably shagging someone in the BBC head office.

Very motionless and patronising presenter. Still, sending that load of crap to Athens was beneficial, as if we did win, we'd had to have this BBC trollop present it.

I must disagree with you re her only reaching the position she has because she is being sexually compliant to the MD or whoever.

Why can some people not accept that a woman can get a job on her own merit, without having to rely on her feminine wiles? If she looked like the back end of a bus, no-one would even question her ability to do the job, never mind how she got it in the first place.

Why is the same thing explanation never attributed to male presenters?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    louise1966 wrote:
    I must disagree with you re her only reaching the position she has because she is being sexually compliant to the MD or whoever.

Why can some people not accept that a woman can get a job on her own merit, without having to rely on her feminine wiles? If she looked like the back end of a bus, no-one would even question her ability to do the job, never mind how she got it in the first place.

It's well known that she allegedly slept with her boss at Meridian to get the top job when she worked there.
    She's never denied it, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    louise1966 wrote:

Lets just say that no one would think this way about Sophie Raworth or the other female newsreaders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrfreeze wrote:
    Lets just say that no one would think this way about Sophie Raworth or the other female newsreaders.

Probably because their careers haven't been tainted by allegations of the 'casting couch' like Kraplinsky's has.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like her, but other people dont seem to agree :(

Well i do i think she's Gorgeous and quite Good fun too,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:
    Probably because their careers haven't been tainted by allegations of the 'casting couch' like Kraplinsky's has.
    Well that and the fact they have talent and charisma. :)