Options

Magic Eye and the 9200

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
Hi,
Has anyone got/tried the above combo?, if so does it work ok?

Im currently using a couple of pyramids and it isnt too clever , very hit and miss also quite unresponsive..!

Cheers
Pete

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Don't know what a magic eye is, but I suspect it's an infra red relay so you can control the humax from another room. I have a set of the phillips uhf video senders and the iR relay is very poor with the humax - in fact we keep running around the house to FF adverts etc. Unusable
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    PeteB_2000 wrote:
    Hi,
    Has anyone got/tried the above combo?, if so does it work ok?

Im currently using a couple of pyramids and it isnt too clever , very hit and miss also quite unresponsive..!

Cheers
    Pete

Whilst the Humax doesn't directly support Magic eye's as the Sky system does via RF2, you can add a device TV LinkPlus that sits in line with the RF out, (to other tv's),and receives IR signals from the Magic eye(s) and then feeds this output to a small IR emitter that sits in front of the Humax near its IR receiver. ( left side near the Humax label). Also comes with a 2nd emitter to control DVD/VCR etc.

I use such a system with 3 TV's & Magic eyes, and as such has replaced my sky system.

Phil
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cheers people thanks for the info

Pete
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    I am using a ONE4ALL branded IR sender (£20 from ebay) which works perfectly for me cnotrolling 9200 from upstairs (Aerial wire runs upstairs, so I just needed an IR only sender to control 9200 from upstairs).

I have the sender directly upstairs from the receiver (so only a wooden floor/ceiling between them), so no radio problems, do you think your problem is due to range/walls, or just the sender not behaving properly with Humax IR remote ??
  • Options
    steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrcupcake wrote:
    Whilst the Humax doesn't directly support Magic eye's as the Sky system does via RF2, you can add a device TV LinkPlus that sits in line with the RF out, (to other tv's),and receives IR signals from the Magic eye(s) and then feeds this output to a small IR emitter that sits in front of the Humax near its IR receiver. ( left side near the Humax label). Also comes with a 2nd emitter to control DVD/VCR etc.

I use such a system with 3 TV's & Magic eyes, and as such has replaced my sky system.

Phil

Tonight, i had decided to see if the Humax 9200 would send a picture to the bedroom tv, i already have a wire going underneath the carpet, which originally was to take the Sky+ box to the 2nd tv, there is also a magic eye, since ditching Sky and buying the freeview PVR i had wondered about if it was possible for a similar set up for the Humax box.

After trying video senders, and finding them very hit and miss, in picture quality to the remote control working, this looks like just what i am looking for!

To be honest, i had logged in to DS to actually post a thread to ask about magic eyes and the 9200, and i find this thread, and the answer! lol

I had a look at the above link, and found that once delivery, VAT was added, they were looking for nearly £40, i did a little shopping around and found it on another website for £30 including VAT and delivery.

Thanks for the info tho', looks like the recorded list might start to get smaller now we will be able to watch recordings in bed, as i have a lot of early starts for my job, and the girlfriend works weeknights till 10pm, mor e often than not, you would prefer to go to bed and watch tv, rather than stay up and watch in the living room.
  • Options
    steven cardwellsteven cardwell Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV Link Plus arrived today, and it works a treat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jblackmore wrote:
    I am using a ONE4ALL branded IR sender (£20 from ebay) which works perfectly for me cnotrolling 9200 from upstairs (Aerial wire runs upstairs, so I just needed an IR only sender to control 9200 from upstairs).

I have the sender directly upstairs from the receiver (so only a wooden floor/ceiling between them), so no radio problems, do you think your problem is due to range/walls, or just the sender not behaving properly with Humax IR remote ??

I think its Humaxs hit n miss remote rather than the pyramids as I used them fine when I had a Fusion Digi fvrt200

Pete
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Bit late to this thread - but I have a 9200 and AEI Digisender Gold (4 port - Argos £119). Working fine, both aud/vid to remote receiver and remote IR commands back to 9200 box. Using just the little Magic Eye that came with the Digisender - after a bit of fiddling I have it nicely hidden about 8" from the Hummy and it's working great
  • Options
    Forum Member
    walkerr wrote:
    Bit late to this thread - but I have a 9200 and AEI Digisender Gold (4 port - Argos £119). Working fine, both aud/vid to remote receiver and remote IR commands back to 9200 box. Using just the little Magic Eye that came with the Digisender - after a bit of fiddling I have it nicely hidden about 8" from the Hummy and it's working great

Sounds like a nice setup but a bit pricey mind

Pete
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    TV Link Plus arrived today, and it works a treat!

What website did you use?
    All the ones i find work out at nearfly £40 with postage.

Also as the humax has a powered aerial feature, do you need to use a power adaptor with the tv link plus as some sites sell them without?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Got mine from Eurosat, they are a trade supplier, but they were quite happy to sell over the counter, to joe public.
    Was £27 ish from memory, including the DC adapter, (which you do need as 12v is required & the Hummy has no DC out on the RF out socket, on which the TVLink plus connects).
    They also have online ordering, but that may be trade only as you have to register.