Fiona Bruce - Newscaster of the Year 2006

Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
Forum Member
Fiona Bruce has been named Newscaster of the Year at the Television and Radio Industries Club awards.

What do you think about this?

Comments

• xflarexflare Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter E wrote:
    Fiona Bruce has been named Newscaster of the Year at the Television and Radio Industries Club awards.

Shes very good at her job... and thank god they said newscaster rather that that dreadful term "anchor" :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her!! :) She seems genuine and down to earth and I can watch her on TV without wanting to punch her lights out! Unlike a certain other 'newsreader'.... :rolleyes:
  • PeachiePeachie Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a nice woman. :)
  • macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Fiona very much.
    She always comes across as approachable and friendly, but also has enough gravitas to report serious stories.
    The fun side of her personality was brought out on JTTOU, and she seemed to be really enjoying herself. She's been termed 'Lady Macbeth of the BBC' in terms of ambition, but if she has a ruthless side, she hides it well.

Comparing her with Natasha Kraplinsky is like comparing gold with s***e.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Peter E wrote:

Iam glad she won it
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's OK. I'd much rather listen to her reading the news than Hugh Edwards' drawl.

Mr L2D has an adversion to her though. He thinks she's on tv just a little too much for his liking. I think it's because she looks like that woman that used to be in The Two of Us with Nicholas Lyndhurst. He finds her facially offensive for some reason. Used to say it was the non-existent lips. He thinks FB is much the same! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    At least its not Natasha Kapliski
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    macsgirl wrote:
    She always comes across as approachable and friendly, but also has enough gravitas to report serious stories.

Comparing her with Natasha Kraplinsky is like comparing gold with s***e.

Couldnt agree more!!

I do like Fiona - she isnt my favourite but you ar right, she is a friendly sort of personality but can carry the serious stories. She probably deserves this overall, I cant really think of any other current newsreader I prefer.

My all time favourite is Michael Buerk.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Fiona Bruce is a quality broadcaster, and does deserve this award.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seems nice and I like her.
  • macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Redrose01 wrote:
    She seems nice and I like her.

Who is nice and why? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am totally 100% behind this.
    Fiona appears a lovely person. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    She's good, except she should stick to news and not do that Watchdog/Panorama-esque programme on a Monday evening (can't remember it's name). Would be nice to see her a little more than just a Friday evening.

Having said that Huw Edwards is a legend, and I prefer him presenting the Ten O'Clock News.
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's ok as a stand in for the Ten o'clock news and she's does a good job on Crimewatch. I wish she didn't do the game shows and human interest programmes though. But thats where the extra money is for these presenters.
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,469
    Forum Member
    extra money for someone who earns a silly six figure sum or something...

don't like her - give the award to someone with a bit of personality (like Sarah Smith)
    Forum Member
    Fiona is a better presenter than Natasha kaplinsky in my opion
  • acerspadesacerspades Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I like Fiona - but my favourite is Bill Turnbull! Lovely.....lovely Bill! :D:o
    Forum Member
    acerspades wrote:
    I like Fiona - but my favourite is Bill Turnbull! Lovely.....lovely Bill! :D:o
    Bill is SO sweet loved hi on strictly come dancing
  • acerspadesacerspades Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    welshbabe wrote:
    Bill is SO sweet loved hi on strictly come dancing

Bill Turnbull is fabulous! He should be made to present every news programme on TV - I think he's lovely! :D
  • Misty LooperMisty Looper Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    At least that awful Natasha kippers whatever did not win it.
  • Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    At least that awful Natasha kippers whatever did not win it.

She won it last year. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acerspades wrote:
    Bill Turnbull is fabulous! He should be made to present every news programme on TV - I think he's lovely!

I agree he is the best newscaster on TV :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,668
    Forum Member
    acerspades wrote:
    Bill Turnbull is fabulous! He should be made to present every news programme on TV - I think he's lovely! :D

Hi acerspades! I agree! He is lovely!

If you want to meet more people who think he's lovely we have a thread called 'Ballroom Bill' in the Strictly Come Dancing Forum dedicated to him!

Peach
    x
    Forum Member
    acerspades wrote:
    I agree :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    PeachUK wrote:
    Hi acerspades! I agree! He is lovely!

If you want to meet more people who think he's lovely we have a thread called 'Ballroom Bill' in the Strictly Come Dancing Forum dedicated to him!

Peach
    x
    It is great on there