Daniella 'skanky' Westbrook

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok it is no big secret that I hate Daniella Westbrook. While it is admirable that she has been off drugs for so long I cannot abide the way she uses her experience for personal gain - OK interviews/autobiography sales rather than educating people about drugs. In today's NOTW they print an extract from her autobiography:
I had a line then I had a baby

Daniella: I was high on
coke as I gave birth

By Robbie Collin

DANNIELLA Westbrook has confessed she binged on cocaine MINUTES before giving birth to her son.

And as soon as he was born she STAGGERED from her hospital bed to snort another line in the toilet.

The former EastEnders golden girl reveals for the first time the full horror of the astonishing depths she sank to during 14 years of drug hell which rotted away her nose.

In her sensational new autobiography, The Other Side Of Nowhere, serialised by the News of the World from today, Danniella, 32, tells how she:

SMOKED CRACK while pregnant with her baby daughter

OVERDOSED on the floor while her four-year-old son watched sobbing in tearful horror

STOLE from shops and worked in a strip joint to pay her coke dealers

LIED to the nation by claiming she was off drugs for good.

Danniella admits on the fifth anniversary of becoming clean: "I didn't stop using while I was pregnant. I didn't even cut down. I took up to five grams every day that Kai lay in my womb. It was horrific.

Inhaled

"I didn't even have an epidural for the birth. I didn't need the hospital's drugs. I had my own supply."

:mad: Those poor kids she doesn't deserve them.

Comments

• macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't stand her. Never been able to.

She goes on as if her drug abuse is something to be proud of. :mad: I wish she'd stay out of the limelight and keep her mouth shut.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She smoked crack whilst pregnant? That is despicable. I don't think she's written this biography as anything other than a money making exercise. I don't think she's 'brave', I think she's an opportunistic 'celebrity' who is lucky to be alive and lucky to have the chance to enjoy her children growing up.
  • Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    At least now she admits she was in the wrong, and it's not her fault she became like that probably just the wrong crowd.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't stand her either. I thought she was moving to America to escape "the UK Tabloids", then she goes and writes her autobiography and sells it to the NOTW. The woman gets all she deserves quite frankly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least now she admits she was in the wrong, and it's not her fault she became like that probably just the wrong crowd.

Nobody forced her to stuff half a ton of gak up her nostrils.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course it was GQ, of course it was. :rolleyes:

No one held her down and made her take the stuff in the first place, and she's no excuse to smoke crack when she was pregnant. That is a bloody disgrace.
  • Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    Some people can't help it you know, they are Addicted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes it is her fault. She had plenty of opportunities to get herself clean and yet she continued to abuse cocaine.
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She smoked crack whilst pregnant? That is despicable. I don't think she's written this biography as anything other than a money making exercise. I don't think she's 'brave', I think she's an opportunistic 'celebrity' who is lucky to be alive and lucky to have the chance to enjoy her children growing up.

Well said, Pru.

Surely her little boy must have been addicted when he was born if she was taking it all the time? :( How awful for him. He must have had a terrible time withdrawing. Some people don't deserve children, they really don't. Can you imagine what the poor little boy has seen and felt in his young years? How utterly depressing. I have no desire to read about it. I certainly wouldn't be happy to put money in her pocket on the back of her kids suffering. Stupid, naive bint. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one forced her to take it did they? No one held her down and shoved it up her nose.
    She had the choice to say no but she didn't.
  • 80's chick80's chick Posts: 5,207
    Forum Member
    I gave up smoking the MINUTE i found out i was pregnant, I avctually gave a toss about my precious baby, if she gave a sh*t about her unborn baby, she would have sought help to give up the drugs, there are people willing to help, she's discusting and she's acting like she's proud of herself :mad:, her son watching her passed out on drugs sobbing will probably stay in his mind for the rest of his life. SHUT YER FACE WESTBROOK :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who takes drugs whilst pregnant is a disgrace and doesn't deserve to have kids IMO. Surely finding out she was expecting was all the motivation she needed to get herself of the stuff. Yet she carried on taking it.

Utterly deplorable!
  • lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course they can help it. You have a choice in the first place - you either take it or you don't. Anyone can get hold of the stuff, but most make the sensible decision not to be a scummy crack head. You cannot seriously defend her actions. If she had any thought towards her kids she would have sought help, not inflicted it upon them. And the fact that she now wants to make money out of it makes me feel sick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GQ defends the indefensible yet again!
    I swear she'd defend Hitler if she liked his moustache! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:
    GQ defends the indefensible yet again!
    I swear she'd defend Hitler if she liked his moustache! :eek:

I think she would go as far as to cultivate one of her own if she was a fan :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think in this case Daniella WAS the wrong crowd. Numerous people tried to help her especially at Eastenders where they let her keep her job for years despite the fact she was off her face.

FFS does she not think Kai has enough to deal with. Imagine what people will say to him at school with his mother being on the NOTW saying she was on crack when he was born. He already has the stigma that she was such a **** that she had absolutely no idea who his father was and The Sun ran a book with about 10 possible candidates.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Whilst I am not condoning Daniella's actions in any way, I think this is all a little unfair. She was a fully blown cocaine addict, she was addicted, it isn't a case of choice, or not being forced to take drugs, her addiction forced her to do it. I'm sure the horrendous guilt and shame she must feel about subjecting her unborn children to this must eat her up every single day. She is going to live with that forever. I admire the way she has been so open about her problems, and surely there is no better advert for never taking drugs then the infamous nose picture.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lottylou wrote:
    Whilst I am not condoning Daniella's actions in any way, I think this is all a little unfair. She was a fully blown cocaine addict, she was addicted, it isn't a case of choice, or not being forced to take drugs, her addiction forced her to do it. I'm sure the horrendous guilt and shame she must feel about subjecting her unborn children to this must eat her up every single day. She is going to live with that forever. I admire the way she has been so open about her problems, and surely there is no better advert for never taking drugs then the infamous nose picture.

She wasn't born a coke head for heaven's sake!
    There was a time in her life when she wasn't - then she took the stuff, and became addicted. She was quite happy to put the life of her unborn child at risk, and carry on taking drugs during her pregnancy, rather than get help in rehab.

The woman is a disgrace, and those FM's who defend her are defending the indefensible. :mad:
    Forum Member
    macsgirl wrote:
    She wasn't born a coke head for heaven's sake!
    There was a time in her life when she wasn't - then she took the stuff, and became addicted. She was quite happy to put the life of her unborn child at risk, and carry on taking drugs during her pregnancy, rather than get help in rehab.

The woman is a disgrace, and those FM's who defend her are defending the indefensible. :mad:

I don't want to start a war of words but i just think that is quite a niave thing to say. Of course she made the choice in the first place, but once you become hooked you don't have a choice anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lottylou wrote:
    I don't want to start a war of words but i just think that is quite a niave thing to say. Of course she made the choice in the first place, but once you become hooked you don't have a choice anymore.

I don't want to either, and please don't accuse me of naivety as I'm far from being naive. You cannot deny Danniella had the choice to say no when she was first offered drugs.
    And as for taking drugs while pregnant - that is completely beyond the pale.
    Forum Member
    macsgirl wrote:
    I don't want to either, and please don't accuse me of naivety as I'm far from being naive. You cannot deny Danniella had the choice to say no when she was first offered drugs.
    And as for taking drugs while pregnant - that is completely beyond the pale.

I agree yes that she could have said no, but she was not to know she would become addicted and go on to have children further down the line. You can say that about any drug addict or alcoholic. That's like saying always say no to a glass of wine or a vodka and coke- you never know how things are going to turn out further down the line. And yes she was wrong to take drugs whilst pregnant, but I don't believe she had a choice.
    Kate Moss is clearly a cocaine addict but she has somehow managed to turn this around to her advantage and use this to relaunch her career- and she has a small child but she doesn't receive the same treatment as Daniella does.
    Perhaps lets just agree to disagree.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lottylou wrote:

If she was that bothered about he horrendous guilt and shame, she wouldn't now be taking shed loads of cash for saying how she was so off her face at that poor little lads birth that she had to go to the loo and have a line straight after delivery.
    As well as subjecting them to drugs while in the womb, she is now subjecting them to ridicule at an age when she should be protecting them.

(and when I remember the stick Kate Garroway (congrats, Kate by the way) took for a crafty **** however ill advised - yish)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lottylou wrote:

Addiction is a terrible affliction, of that there is no doubt. When someone is addicted to alcohol or drugs, the need to satiate their addiction becomes all-consuming. However, when a woman is pregnant, she is responsible not only for herself but for her unborn baby as well. There is no excuse for smoking crack whilst pregnant - she COULD HAVE TRIED HARDER to come off the stuff. She admits that she tried it out of curiosity and thought 'why not', well to me, that is pathetic and despicable behaviour and there is no excuse in the world. She could have booked herself into rehab whilst pregnant - there is not a clinic or hospital that would turn an addicted pregnant woman away.

I hope the guilt does consume her for ever. Yes, she has been open about her problems, but not once, in reading today's NOTW did I get a sense that she was either sorry or regretful - in fact, IMHO, she has written that memoir to make some money and far from being 'brave' she is a sad, desperate woman. She would have been better off continuing her charity work and doing something constructive rather than telling the world about her sordid and disgusting life.

We all make mistakes, we are all human and I'm NOt trying to eb all self righteous and take the moral high-ground, but really and truly, there has to come a point where people take responsibility for their own actions and if a woman knowingly puts her unborn child at risk she is to blame - addiction or no addiction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lottylou wrote:
    I agree yes that she could have said no, but she was not to know she would become addicted and go on to have children further down the line. You can say that about any drug addict or alcoholic. That's like saying always say no to a glass of wine or a vodka and coke- you never know how things are going to turn out further down the line. And yes she was wrong to take drugs whilst pregnant, but I don't believe she had a choice.
    Kate Moss is clearly a cocaine addict but she has somehow managed to turn this around to her advantage and use this to relaunch her career- and she has a small child but she doesn't receive the same treatment as Daniella does.

Sorry Lottylou, I just can't understand why you keep defending her.

Yes, there was a time when she wasn't an addict, but surely she wasn't so stupid that she thought "Oh I'll just try it once - it can't hurt!" No one held her down and forced her first dose of whatever into her arm or down her throat. When she fell pregnant she was an addict, but just how irresponsible was she to even try for a child when she was in that state? If she'd had a care for her unborn baby, she'd have checked into rehab the minute she found out she was pregnant. Obviously the drugs came before her child - that is indefensible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lottylou wrote:

No, it's really not. Yes, alcohol is a highly addictive and dangerous substance, but there's a world of difference between having a glass of wine and a puff on a crack-pipe. There IS such a thing as moral responsibility and Westbrook clearly has none.