Options

Posh and Becks plan huge showbiz bash

macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
Forum Member
✭✭
.........and all to prove their marriage isn't in trouble.
Anyone spot a cover-up on the fact they aren't going to sue the NOTW, or am I being cynical?
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds30423.html

Comments

• Options
    HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    I don't care as long as we get some pics of all 5 Spice Girls together!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    I don't understand how throwing a huge party is going to show that their marriage isn't in the trouble? :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they do this before the last World Cup? It had a Chinese theme, as I remember. Pictures plastered over all the mags, they even made a tv show out of it.

Oh yes, a clever old marketing ploy. Plenty of exposure. They'll have a say on everything that gets aired or printed. Lots of opportunities for Posh to pout and fawn over 'her bloke'. Flash their cash to the world. :rolleyes:

I wonder who they'll invite? I didn't think Sticktoria had any mates left?! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    come on people, maybe its just a party. they can afford it so why not? the media constantly wants to psycho analyse celeb actions as if there is some hidden agenda. it may just well be what it is........a world cup bash!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's just the Beckham's flaunting their vacuous lifestyle for us all to see and deride - again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    macsgirl wrote:
    It's just the Beckham's flaunting their vacuous lifestyle for us all to see and deride - again.

not necessarily. everything the beckhams do is percieved as 'flaunting their vacuous lifestyle.' they can afford to live this lavish lifestyle, so what?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Shouldnt he be preparing for the World Cup, rather than poncing about at parties?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angeldust wrote:
    not necessarily. everything the beckhams do is percieved as 'flaunting their vacuos lifestyle.' they can afford to live this lavish lifestyle, so what?

Do you know what 'vacuous' means?
    It means showing a lack of thought or intelligence.

If money bought intelligence, the Beckhams would be at genius level by now. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    italo_caledoniaitalo_caledonia Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    I'd say the Beckhams' lifestyle was the dictionary definition of the word "vacuous" - vapid, empty and meaningless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say the Beckhams' lifestyle was the dictionary definition of the word "vacuous" - vapid, empty and meaningless.

And if money bought you happiness they'd be going round with permanent grins and not looking like they were going off to be publicly executed.
  • Options
    FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:

This is what really p*sses me off about the bloody Beckhams. I feel this party has been organised for 2 reasons:

1. To divert the press from the crumbling, sham of their marriage and to generate column inches for the pair of them to pretend they are sooo in love. They have to protect Brand Beckham at all costs.

2. To give Vicky something to do with her increasingly pointless life(after all, it can't take that long to order her flunkies to alter the design of her jeans pockets) and have the opportunity to boss around and lord it over the poor sods who are employed to assist her in hosting what will no doubt be a tastless, vulgar Elton John style statement of wealth in the absence of class.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FordCapri wrote:
    This is what really p*sses me off about the bloody Beckhams. I feel this party has been organised for 2 reasons:

1. To divert the press from the crumbling, sham of their marriage and to generate column inches for the pair of them to pretend they are sooo in love. They have to protect Brand Beckham at all costs.

2. To give Vicky something to do with her increasingly pointless life(after all, it can't take that long to order her flunkies to alter the design of her jeans pockets) and have the opportunity to boss around and lord it over the poor sods who are employed to assist her in hosting what will no doubt be a tastless, vulgar Elton John style statement of wealth in the absence of class.

It may well be that this party was organised to celebrate the worldcup and nothing more. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angeldust wrote:
    It may well be that this party was organised to celebrate the worldcup and nothing more. Just a thought.

I think the approaching World Cup gives them a reason but I stick by my opinion on their motives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why do they need motives to throw a party? The only motive here is that David is playing for the England team......at the world cup..... :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    angeldust wrote:
    Why do they need motives to throw a party? The only motive here is that David is playing for the England team......at the world cup..... :yawn:

To make the world see they're still together perhaps?
    Brand Beckham is their life and they have to be seen to promote it.
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:
    To make the world see they're still together perhaps?
    Brand Beckham is their life and they have to be seen to promote it.

It's just ridiculous isn't it - such a conspicuous display of wealth (I'm thinking there will be a theme or fancy dress involved :eek: ) to shore up a relationship which is on borrowed time just so that they can make people forget about the recent legal fiasco.
    And I bet most of the guests a) won't know a thing about footbal and will b) care even less.
  • Options
    CHUTNEYCHUTNEY Posts: 16,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we're talking about Rebecca Loos then they dare not sue the NOTW because they know that the paper will relish producing all its' evidence and proving the truth of their story.
    A big showbiz party, who cares? :yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    acerspadesacerspades Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote:
    It's just ridiculous isn't it - such a conspicuous display of wealth (I'm thinking there will be a theme or fancy dress involved :eek: ) to shore up a relationship which is on borrowed time just so that they can make people forget about the recent legal fiasco.
    And I bet most of the guests a) won't know a thing about footbal and will b) care even less.

I'm with Angeldust - we should look at this positively - the whole country will hate Sticktoria when the team get knocked out in the first round, all because they attended her ridiculous party instead of preparing! :D:D
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    acerspades wrote:
    I;m with Angeldust - we should look at this positively - the whole country will hate Sticktoria when the team get knocked out in the first round, all because they attended her ridiculous party instead of preparing! :D:D

Ahh, I see - it's all a cunning plan by Sven to divert the stick away from him when we unexpectedly :rolleyes: perform badly.
    He can walk away from England leaving D&V to carry the can.
    Nice thinking, there, Sven! :)
  • Options
    DrPepperDrPepper Posts: 2,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throwing a fab and glam celeb studded party sounds like a fabulous idea - I would I if I could.

Should Victoria and David require anyone to represent Digital Spy I would be delighted to attend. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DrPepper wrote:
    Throwing a fab and glam celeb studded party sounds like a fabulous idea - I would I if I could.

Should Victoria and David require anyone to represent Digital Spy I would be delighted to attend. :D

You can't ever accuse this couple of having more taste than money. No doubt this party will be vulgar, flashy, false and superficial...in true Beckham style.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its true that money cant buy you class ...or happiness. But it does buy you publicity! Are we meant to think that because they are throwing a big batsh that they are happily married?
    Are they going to have matching thrones?
  • Options
    Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    I really like this couple, but if there really happy then they don't need to prove it to any-one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sigh) it must be wonderful to be so naive!
  • Options
    OuchthathurtOuchthathurt Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO, I have one weekend in Paris and the zeleb crap crawls out of the woodwork.

David should be training up for the World Cup not attending/throwing parties. However we will at least have someone to point the finger of blame at if the England team crap out.

:D

I like the way the source of the story hastily put in that the party wasn't to prove that the Beckhams' marriage was a shambles. I'm sure a whole section of the public can now sigh with relief and relax. We were all so worried in case Brand Beckham bit the dust weren't we?! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D:D