Options

The Marsh: Feminist Icon?

italo_caledoniaitalo_caledonia Posts: 55
Forum Member
There have been a few threads in the Big Brother forum where the idea that the Marsh is somehow a feminist icon has occured. this says a lot about the youth of today if they think this is the case.

If objectifying yourself for men's sexual pleasure is liberation, then I'm a monkey's uncle - and the Marsh's catalogue of failed relationships proves the theory quite substantially.

Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is not a feminist icon.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a few threads in the Big Brother forum where the idea that the Marsh is somehow a feminist icon has occured. this says a lot about the youth of today if they think this is the case.

If objectifying yourself for men's sexual pleasure is liberation, then I'm a monkey's uncle - and the Marsh's catalogue of failed relationships proves the theory quite substantially.

Discuss.

An icon? An idiot more like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    are you being sarcastic? :confused:
  • Options
    macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An icon for big-t***ed feminists everywhere - I don't think.
    The concept of feminism is one that's completely passed her by and I doubt you'll find anyone on here who thinks she is a 'feminist icon'.

Unless you're a member of the "I luv Jodie - she is grate" brigade, in which case you probably can't even spell 'feminist'.
  • Options
    DonzDonz Posts: 1,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is in NOTW magazine today challenging anyone who thinks shes a minger to try and pull as many blokes as she can as she can have any man she wants !! doesnt sound like feminism to me !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donz wrote:
    she is in NOTW magazine today challenging anyone who thinks shes a minger to try and pull as many blokes as she can as she can have any man she wants !! doesnt sound like feminism to me !!

When you offer it on a plate like she does of course you'll get men (with no taste!) queuing up to sample your wares!
    Talk about an ever open door - or in her case ever open legs!
    Thought she was supposed to be with some school teacher anyway who she claims to be 'the One'! I'm sure he'll be highly delighted by her offer! :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:
    When you offer it on a plate like she does of course you'll get men (with no taste!) queuing up to sample your wares!
    Talk about an ever open door - or in her case ever open legs!
    Thought she was supposed to be with some school teacher any way who she claims to be 'the One'! I'm sure he'll be highly delighted by her offer! :eek:

Yes I think the shoot must have been done pre-school teacher and her being in luuurrvve she is defending her minging outfits including the scorecard T-shirt and is proclaiming her love for Scott Sullivan and how she wants to marry him !!!!!!
  • Options
    lots2dolots2do Posts: 2,817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's not a feminist! I'd imagine Germaine Greer would find the very idea laughable.

Feminism seems to have passed her by. In it's place is vulgarity and hypocracy. Men are toys, people's feelings are irrelevant. She's vindictive and uses sex as a means to ridicule, control and exploit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And seeing as her recent pulls have been mingers like Har Mar Supestar she seems to be pulling the dregs that any normal girl wouldnt touch with a bargepole !! welcome to them luv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you read her blog it's nothing but "Went clubbing, got hammered, went shopping at Bluewater, bought a chip fryer thingy, went home, made chips, whacked a pizza in the oven, went clubbing................" ad bleedin' infinitum.

Just an average day in the life of a feminist icon. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she wants to lay of the pizzas did you see he cellulite the other night in that sweetie bikini - horrid no dont get me wrong I have cellulite just like the rest of us but would no way parade around in an outfit like that to be viewed by plenty !!! she probably thought she looked fab though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Donz wrote:
    she wants to lay of the pizzas did you see he cellulite the other night in that sweetie bikini - horrid no dont get me wrong I have cellulite just like the rest of us but would no way parade around in an outfit like that to be viewed by plenty !!! she probably thought she looked fab though

Just goes to show she's a deluded feminist icon! :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Discuss.

Don't look at me. I think a couple of people over there were planning a public hanging because I dared to voice my dislike of La Marsh.
  • Options
    UpsonPainter NNUpsonPainter NN Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she is a feminist, then I'm the King of England!

How can someone, who dates men, uses them for sex, then dumps them after two months, be a feminist?

I was reading an entry on her blog, saying she moves guys in within a week of dating, and if they disagree with her about her dogs or mates, she dumps them! What a ****!

As well as her attitude towards men, the way she dresses is not exactly feminine isn't it? Three belts, numerous bikins and other slutty outfits, are not what women or feminists wear at all.

It's a wonder she hasn't got any nasty disease, especially with all the sex she does. Then yet again, I expect she'd want sympathy for it.

EDIT:

I just read about her in the NOTW mag, and I have to say, its the same old crap, about how she supports seven charities, and how she keeps going back to Scott Sullivan (I'm sure her boyf is happy about that). At least there was no mention of dead friends or Fran Cosgrave in this interview, but a mention of Jordan.

What made me laugh is, she is planning to write a sex and relationship guide for men and women. I wonder if this'll be it:

Meet the man, let him play with your tits and pussy, then suck his cock and let him **** you. Let him move in after a week, and dump three weeks later.

I wish this woman would just go away.
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She says Jordan needs to get over her!! The other way around I think, I can't remember Jordan having much to say about minger Marsh for ages!
  • Options
    UpsonPainter NNUpsonPainter NN Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazzy wrote:
    She says Jordan needs to get over her!! The other way around I think, I can't remember Jordan having much to say about minger Marsh for ages!

That's true.

Can't we send Jodie off to Iran, so she can be opressed?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Jodie would tell you that she's opressed here - people just don't understand her you know. She's constantly and willfully misunderstood by people who don't understand the trauma that she's lived through - her best friend died you know - and who constantly critisize her lifestyle choices. They're all bullies you know, and they're out to get her again. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazzy wrote:

Nooo, is that what she said?? oh lordy. Jordan has kept her mouth shut about the Marsh for a long time now, she's not lowering herself to Jodie's level. She was on Davina's show and said something about fame and not knocking who put you there, I wondered if she was referring to Jodie.
  • Options
    Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    Yes a great Icon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes a great Icon.

.....for lying, bullying, promiscuous women.
  • Options
    bettycatbettycat Posts: 6,390
    Forum Member
    Yes a great Icon.
    In what way? Please elaborate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    If she understood what it meant, she'd probably describe herself as a post-feminist. The idea of empowering oneself through using sexual wiles is all too popular nowadays. I'd never seen her in anything before, but watching her legs akimbo on a kitchen counter letting Dennis Rodman abuse her and trying desperately to titillate the males for attention by slurring about her lesbian desires made me feel nauseous.
    After that, watching her when she was almost despondent after being ignored by the blokes who paid more attention to the "inhibited" females illustrated how lonely and sad using sex for attention really is.

*gasp for breath* Rant over - sorry!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on Jordan for refusing to give he anymore free publicity. Now I dont like Jordan either but I think the Marsh Monster fed off the publicity of public slanging matches with Jordan and Now Jordan refuses to mention her The marsh monster doesnt like it - probably move onto Chantelle now to slate
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donz wrote:

Almost "any" woman knows how to pull a bloke! Big deal. If meaningless sex or giving them a b*** job in the pub car park is "pulling" to her then its little wonder that shes had a string of failed relationships where the men have either cheated on her or used her for her "fame" :rolleyes:

Jodie Marsh - Feminist Icon? I THINK NOT!
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    when *I* think of Feminist Icons, I think of women like Madam Curie, who was so "ahead of her time" enabling women to be accepted in the medical fields normally only open to men.....

and Emmeline Pankhurst who struggled for "women's rights" (Jodie's idea?? to wear belts at a showbiz premiere :rolleyes: and to ask men out :rolleyes: )

Golda Meir.......

Mother Theresa of Calcutta......

The Queen

blimey o'reilly I would even add Princess Diana

all these "women" have done something that has made them "iconic" - being it, religious beliefs; medical findings; caring for the poor etc

FFS - I think Lisa Simpson is a more respectable female icon than Jodie Marsh would ever be!!! :eek::eek:

at least Lisa can *play* a real instrument ;);)