Options

Bucky Covington

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 739
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else really liking this guy?
I was watching the repeat today and only just realised how good he is.At the beginning i really liked Ace,but Bucky has really grown on me and now i think he has a great voice.He can only get beeter.
What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    magser wrote:
    Anyone else really liking this guy?
    I was watching the repeat today and only just realised how good he is.At the beginning i really liked Ace,but Bucky has really grown on me and now i think he has a great voice.He can only get beeter.
    What do you guys think?

Don't think he's the winner, but he's better than people say imo. :)
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if we go without any shocks he should be one of the first 3 out

i can't help feeling he looks a bit like a tramp, I could never buy his album
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,114
    Forum Member
    I like him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    I am not keen on him allthough i thought he sang quite well this week..perhaps he will grow on me.. He wont win he isnt good enough for that..and maybe they will do something with his appearance now they get dressed by american idol..as he does look a bit scruffy..
  • Options
    markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like him of course he isn't the best of singers and will not win but i'm glad he's still in and hope he stays in for another few weeks.
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    Saturn wrote:
    if we go without any shocks he should be one of the first 3 out

i can't help feeling he looks a bit like a tramp, I could never buy his album

Why? Because it may be country? or because you can't help feeling he looks like a tramp? :rolleyes:

I like Bucky. He has really grown on me over the past few weeks.

Steph
  • Options
    Forum Member
    skf1 wrote:
    Why? Because it may be country? or because you can't help feeling he looks like a tramp? :rolleyes:

I like Bucky. He has really grown on me over the past few weeks.

Steph

Yeah, I wondered why too - care to elaborate Saturn?
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually I think Bucky is my favourite out of the guys.

There's no pretence, he is who he is. He's got a great voice, there's a catch in it every now and then and a lovely raw sound. My husband was listening from the other room without seeing any of the guys - and said that Bucky was his favourite. Don't think his song choices have perhaps been the best - but I really enjoyed 'Wave On Wave' - would buy an album of his like a shot.

Think the problem is in a competition like this - that some of the other guys have sort of gimmicky things going on (thinking of Taylor and Kevin), or very obvious voice talent (thinking of Chris and Elliot), or the pretty boy thing going on (thinking of Ace) - so that Bucky gets sort of overlooked.

But for me - he's the whole package. Love his voice, love his performances and also love the way he looks. He's got a great smile, lovely gentleman personality - and if he looks like a tramp, then he's the sexiest tramp I've ever seen....!

Not sure that he will go far in the competition now - as not sure what the American voting public are after for their 'American Idol' - but would love him to stay for a while, so I can get my Friday night fix of him.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jeanie, absolutely agree. I think I have a small crush on him already.
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote:

I agree also. I know he won't win the competition, but I'll continue to vote for him (if he continues to perform well)

I like his rugged look and sound...and the fact he has a twin...2 for the price of one! ;) lol

Steph
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I think we should vote for him as there is no other job he would be taken seriously in, with a name like Bucky, other than pop star!

Could be worse he could be called Rocky!! :D :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si J wrote:
    I think we should vote for him as there is no other job he would be taken seriously in, with a name like Bucky, other than pop star!

Could be worse he could be called Rocky!! :D :eek:

or Ace ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He rocks!!!!!!!!!:D

Has a good chance of winning

It's not the best year for good talent on AI
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,285
    Forum Member
    Cstar2229 wrote:
    He rocks!!!!!!!!!:D

Has a good chance of winning

It's not the best year for good talent on AI

I disagree. I think this year does have good talent!
  • Options
    MothToAFlameMothToAFlame Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    I really like Bucky too. Great voice and he has a very endearing way about him.
  • Options
    PuddleduckPuddleduck Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bucky? Rocky? Ace? Not their real names surely?? Either way, I really like Bucky (and Ace is easy on the eye but, hey, this is a singing contest!) :D
  • Options
    JonGTFCFanJonGTFCFan Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Ella Nut wrote:
    Yeah, I wondered why too - care to elaborate Saturn?

i think its because there's been 9 contestants obviously hyped up as final material from three weeks ago when we had 24 - the other 3 are Bucky, Kevin and Melissa.

I agree - although personally i prefer him to Lisa, Kellie and Ace at least.
  • Options
    JonGTFCFanJonGTFCFan Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    ... and if Scott Savol can make top 5, anyone can.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Bucky's performance was streets ahead of all the other guys this week. He sounded very Bob Seger.

I thought Ace should have been in the taxi to the airport along with Will. But of course he's always going to get the teenybopper vote and so will probably go far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote:

Watched his performance of 'Wave On Wave' again this afternoon.

Oh dear - I am now officially in love with him. :o

Agree totally with Flat_Eric's comparison to Bob Seger - which was probably why my husband liked his voice best (big Bob Seger fan) - and he wasn't watching any of the performances, just listening to them.

Think often with AI and this type of programme, people vote for 'performers' (no names mentioned....... ;) ) and don't necessarily think of listening to their voices on CD at home or driving in their cars etc.

That's the perfect thing about Bucky - he looks really good - but also sounds so good. As mentioned before, I would definitely buy his music, because of his great voice - the fact that he looks hot is an added bonus. :cool:
  • Options
    stillrockinstillrockin Posts: 4,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeanie wrote:
    Watched his performance of 'Wave On Wave' again this afternoon.

Oh dear - I am now officially in love with him. :o

Agree totally with Flat_Eric's comparison to Bob Seger - which was probably why my husband liked his voice best (big Bob Seger fan) - and he wasn't watching any of the performances, just listening to them.

Think often with AI and this type of programme, people vote for 'performers' (no names mentioned....... ;) ) and don't necessarily think of listening to their voices on CD at home or driving in their cars etc.

That's the perfect thing about Bucky - he looks really good - but also sounds so good. As mentioned before, I would definitely buy his music, because of his great voice - the fact that he looks hot is an added bonus. :cool:

Hi Jeanie :) if you go to this link you can hear an original Bucky composition. His voice is drowned out sometimes on AI but on this stripped back track you can really hear the raw raspy voice. :cool:

http://www.buckycovingtononline.com/blog.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Jeanie :) if you go to this link you can hear an original Bucky composition. His voice is drowned out sometimes on AI but on this stripped back track you can really hear the raw raspy voice. :cool:

http://www.buckycovingtononline.com/blog.html

Hi still - found that site earlier today - bit of a mish mash, but love the voice clip. Just love his voice. - but then I guess that's par for the course with me - I'm nothing if not predictable with my taste in male singers - !

Quite like Chris this year too - but Bucky just seems more 'real' if that makes sense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He iz fit! :D

he! he!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 424
    Forum Member
    He stole my heart singin Gareth Brooks last wk, VERY good!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere that he smokes 2 cartons a day.... :eek: I hope he makes it to the finals alive....