Off the drugs?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,837
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Do we really believe that celebs get clean?

Sophie Anderton is back in rehab.

Daniella Westbrook admits she lied for years about it.

In Anthony Kiedis' autobiography he admits that after 6 years of being clean he got bored and secretly went back on heroin while still maintaining a public image that he was a reformed character.

Is Kate Moss really off the white stuff?

I must admit as much as I like Kate I'm very cynical about her rehab stay. She is still drinking, still hanging out with Sadie (pictured with a suspicious blob up her nose last week) and Davina and is now allegedly back with Pete who has tested positive for drugs twice this month.

This is an industry that sees no problem with drugs and doesn't really want to reform itself. Johnny Depp for instance admits that despite seeing his best friend die on the pavement still continued to take drugs for years.

Comments

• topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    I don't believe you can go in rehab for two seconds and be miraculously reformed no. Its an ongoing process for years like beating alcoholism I think.
  • macsgirlmacsgirl Posts: 847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie Anderton's back with Mark Bosnich, so it wouldn't surprise me if she's back on the white stuff again.
    Never liked KM to be honest, but it wouldn't surprise me if she's still on it too. And as for Sadie Frost - 'moron' doesn't cover it!

Don't these idiots ever learn? :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    no i think without a shadow of a doubt a lot of them are still on it and there will be quite a few we dont know about, Drugs seem to be a very "cool" thing for them to do. I'm not saying it is cool tho before anybody jumps down my throat :)
    Forum Member
    oh does anyone have the pic with sadie frost with the blob up her nose ?? pretty please
  • Gossip QueenGossip Queen Posts: 8,758
    Forum Member
    oh does anyone have the pic with sadie frost with the blob up her nose ?? pretty please

I like sadie frost i remember reading an interview with her and she seemed so grounded and nice i also like her fashion range. I don't think it was drugs though. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of celebs "get clean" for the companies that write their cheques than anything else. It took a while for Kate Moss to take any action because she truly didnt beleive she had done anything wrong. She was sorry she had been busted - not sorry she had done it. So thus the obligitory stint in rehab followed by a few months of laying low.
    it would be so hard to give up when it would be constantly around you, people wanting to give it to you. The temptation to blow it all would be there...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it was drugs though. :)

Just a humungous bogie making her hyper and slightly mad all night as was reported in more than one paper perhaps? :D
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    macsgirl wrote:
    Just a humungous bogie making her hyper and slightly mad all night as was reported in more than one paper perhaps? :D

Apparently, according to her PR person, it was a recovering cold sore ;) :rolleyes:
    (About the only thing about her which is recovering ;) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some celebs get clean but it's harder for them. They're not in touch with reality
    Forum Member
    Well i agree with her PR person, it does look like a recovering cold sore. I don't think she would do that especially after seeing what happened to friend kate moss, and what about her kids.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mindyann wrote:
    Apparently, according to her PR person, it was a recovering cold sore ;) :rolleyes:

As Jim Royle would say "Cold sore my a**e!!" :D
  • acerspadesacerspades Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote:

So she's got herpes too? :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    acerspades wrote:
    So she's got herpes too? :eek:

And not just up her nose I'll bet....................\_/ :D
  • FordCapriFordCapri Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There was a lovely picture of one of Sadie Frost's nostrils in todays Sunday Mirror with a great big white bogey rammed up it....make of that what you will. Personally I think Ms Frost is the epitome of "pointless celebrity."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know something, I really couldn't care less about these people and their "battles" with drugs.

People like Kate Moss and Sophie Anderton have enormous privelege and vast amounts of cash and are in a position to know better. If they choose to hoover half a ton of gak up their noses, then let them get on with it. Just don't come bleating to the papers looking for sympathy when you get caught or it all goes wrong for you.
    Forum Member
    Yep, bogey it was.
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i agree with her PR person, it does look like a recovering cold sore. I don't think she would do that especially after seeing what happened to friend kate moss, and what about her kids.

That would be the kids for whom she arranged birthday party in a night club and (I think) the birthday girl took an Ecstacy tablet she found on the floor starting the whole Sadie/Jude divorce and Sienna debacle?
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Snaggle-toothed treefunus has done very well out of her "rehabilitation...hve you all seen the latest Rimmel ad for corrective foundation - it is playing on her hard-living persona. Slutty Sadie's best friend is charlie...it is not even a secret anymore.

Drugs are rife throughout society - it doesn't make it right, but that is a fact. The people who write about the drug taking of celebs and zelebs are frequently partaking themselves. It is considered cool, it does carry kudo's and it is more than a bit tragic. I wish these "meja darlins" would spend a couple of weeks watching new-borns trying to come of drugs...it may not seem so cool then.

NB - sometimes celebs. Zelebs, PR people and hangers-on don't tell the truth in interviews - I am sure its rare, but tragically true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, bogey it was.

Really?
    I heard it was a cold sore.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    im always dubious of the celebs who are constantly linked with, go out with or are freinds with known drug users...but deny any involvement.

like I read an interview with SJP in the times today, and she described her 6year relationship with drug user Robert Downey Junior...

now I could accept that she didnt know he was a druggie when she met him....but she stayed for 6years!! and I dont buy this "i wanted to help him" thing either, he will have been involved with other drug takers etc...so I dont beleive that she NEVER at least tried anything, it would have been in their house for starters.

im a fan of SJP...but just think she is an example of a celeb bending the truth a bit.
    Forum Member
    ta ford will try and get hold of one of those papers
  • italo_caledoniaitalo_caledonia Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    One thing you have to remember with the zelebs is that their jobs require often huge amounts of confidence that they just don't possess and they choose drugs like cocaine to get this. Once they get used to taking it, then using it recreationally follows pretty quickly and it becomes a vicious circle.
  • newfoundernewfounder Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I think kicking an addiction is hard for any person.
    Sophie Anderton has always admitted it's a struggle for her. she's never said "I absolutely will never do x&y again" as far as I can tell she's always said she hopes she doesn't.

all ex-adicts can do is say they are clean for now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robert Downey Jr is clean now though and has been for a few years - apparently. But then like you're all saying PR people lie and so do these celebs sometimes. Although looking at Robert's appearance, his attitude and just overall persona I think I can probably believe he's off the drugs right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruffalo wrote:
    Robert Downey Jr is clean now though and has been for a few years - apparently. But then like you're all saying PR people lie and so do these celebs sometimes. Although looking at Robert's appearance, his attitude and just overall persona I think I can probably believe he's off the drugs right now.

I admire people like Downey, who can be so low at one time in their lives, and then pull themselves up by the bootstraps. It must take a mammoth effort on their part to pack up something so addictive. If only Pete Doherty could do the same.

What Downey and other celebs like him have done is commendable, but people like Danniella Westbrook who smoke crack while pregnant, get the chance to go into rehab and don't take it, certainly aren't.