Options

DirectShow Problem

Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,945
Forum Member
✭✭✭
(Not sure whether this forum or the DTT one is best for this, but since it's a problem that covers more than just watching digital TV, I'll post it here.)

I recently purchased a Yaun PD300 USB DVB-T adaptor for my laptop. I manged to install it with different drivers and everything works perfectly when using ShowShifter to watch TV.

However, I would like to be able to use DC-DVB to watch in WMP as well, but I can't seem to get it to work. It's a DirectShow filter, which involves using a Channelscan program to locate the channels then save a .dvb file that is then rendered in a DirectShow media player (like, WMP).

This is where things fall down - I can scan for channels and save the file, but when I try and render it...nothing except an "Unknown Error". It works fine on my old laptop, so I know it can be done and everything points to it being a DirectShow issue on my curent laptop. I've selecting several different audio and video decoders in Channelscan, but still no luck.

So does anyone have any ideas about what could be the problem? (I hope my post's clear - it is a bit hard to explain!!)