Humax HD-CI2000

I know, if like me you have been waiting for the Humax HD-CI2000 then you might me intrested in this:

HD-CI2000 User guide

If you have a look at page 79 at the specification, if says that the box is MPEG 2 not MPEG 4? Does this mean that it won't work with the latest HD FTA channels and 4.2.2?

Also have a look at this, I know its in Polish but its intresting anyway:
Humax HD-CI2000 site (Polish)

Hope you find this intresting.

Comments

• HellicopterHellicopter Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Many thanks for this.I am sure the MPEG4 omission is an error.There would be little point in introducing a new box without it.
    Also it mentions the DVB S2 tuner which is a new capability required.
    Info re the similar Humax 1000 in Germany suggests it will not be 422 compliant.

Alan
  • bayardsbayards Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a useful PDF as it does nicely for the PR-HD1000 German box which seems to be different only in that it has an extra slot for Premiere cards (and built in Nagra decoding).

Makes looking at the manual easier!

H
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 429
    Forum Member
    Know about this box since mid Febuary it's the same as the 1000 just it's got no Smartcard Reader.

There is no Mpeg 2 4:2:2 support
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a look at the manual, and the only difference to HD1000 apart from Nagra and card reader, is that the 2000 also has a manual software update menu option.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    More to the point - has it got 1, 2 or 3 tuners?

Can you watch a recoprding before it has finished recording?

Can you watch a recording whilst recording 2 other programmes?

What size hard drive has it got?

Is this upgradeable?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    srhill wrote:
    More to the point - has it got 1, 2 or 3 tuners?

Can you watch a recoprding before it has finished recording?

Can you watch a recording whilst recording 2 other programmes?

What size hard drive has it got?

Is this upgradeable?

Wasn't aware it recorded at all!!!! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a vanilla MPEG4 receiver - no HD (ie hard drive I mean) at all.

H
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    Wasn't aware it recorded at all!!!! :eek:

Not much good then??
  • HellicopterHellicopter Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Will be if Sky do not launch before the World Cup.
    Alan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for me as I speak French and German - and there is a lot of stuff on other sats - not just Astra 28 for Sky. I have a sub to German pay tv service Premiere which already has a HD service - and of the course the full 64 matches in HD for the World Cup.

Lots of use I would say.

H :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    I'm looking at it for european HD FTA channels as well, so i'm still intrested in this unit. I have a HUMAX freeview box and really happy with it, exellent build quality, I hope the HD-CI2000 lives up as well. Strange theres no info on either the global or UK Humax sites.

HD-CI2000 for sale

Another site with HD-CI2000 for sale

Both sites say that this unit is MPEG-2 as does the user guide, what gives? The press release that we've all seen clearly says MPEG-4. Wait and see I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hairybear wrote:
    Both sites say that this unit is MPEG-2 as does the user guide, what gives? The press release that we've all seen clearly says MPEG-4. Wait and see I guess.
    No need to wait and see. These are latest generation HD STB's, and as such MPEG-4 capable.
    See the Humax site info on the HD1000 HERE
  • amstereofanamstereofan Posts: 1,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it the firmware coud be hacked in some way for 4.2.2 feeds or not ?

Don't forget Quali and Kaon both sell or will be very soon HD receivers, I think the Koan has an HDD also
  • tigertimtimtigertimtim Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    for me a high def box must do 4.2.2 feeds to get the most out of it, the sooner ones released the better, :)
    Forum Member
    New HD-CI2000 global website is up along with a new information sheet:

HD-CI2000 website (English)

New HD-CI2000 Information sheet

Lots of things to look at here!

Have also see on one of the retail pages posted above that stock is expected to be in on the 30/03/2006 in the UK.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Well latest info in Holland is 14.04.2006.Probably around this date there will be also software update for the HD1000.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to 247 eletrical it's out on the 10th. Best to pre-order if you can. Even buy now pay later deal on this

http://www.247electrical.co.uk/epages/twentyfourseven.storefront/EN/Product/HUMHDCI2000?SOURCE=AW
    Forum Member
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Price once you've paid for postage is about the same as in the shops.

No guarentee that they actually have them in stock, or it might even just be a con - you know what eBay's like.

And if you do buy, you probably don't have the same rights as when you buy it in a shop.

You might be able to order one now, but will they be in the shops before your order actually arrives?

If anyone goes for one of these, let us know the result.
    Forum Member
    No I will wait to get it from a proper shop off course. I dilemma is shall I wait for the CI2000 or get the HD1000 and hope that the software update will come this week, as they swear in the German forums.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stainay wrote:
    No I will wait to get it from a proper shop off course. I dilemma is shall I wait for the CI2000 or get the HD1000 and hope that the software update will come this week, as they swear in the German forums.

Don't suppose the update will include 4.2.2 capability ? :D

I'd wait for a PVR type sat box perhaps like the new Koan or Quali-tv one, more expensive obviously but worth it if you want to record anything HD - I'm sure many will want to show off to their freinds and shout loud "look this is the first BBC HD broadcast !" :cool: :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    It's still clear whether it supports MPEG4 or not.
    Forum Member
    Information sheet

Supports MPEG-4 and 2.6.4. Have a look at the spec sheet on page 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hairybear wrote:
    Information sheet

Supports MPEG-4 and 2.6.4. Have a look at the spec sheet on page 4.

With respect of course it will support mpeg4. It would be totally ridiculous to being out a brand new sat box when the new HD standard was 'set in stone' months ago

But what on earth is 2.6.4 ?! :confused::confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I couldn't wait any longer - just ordered one from sateuropa, they are supposed to be available from Monday (10th) so I'm hoping it will arrive in time for me to play with it over Easter holiday weekend.