BBC, Google, Wikipedia etc. Not Working?

TellyBoyTellyBoy Posts: 774
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone else not able to connect to some sites? :confused:

Comments

• TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am on Virgin.net which I understand uses NTL and I am having problems with some sites. Including the BBC, and I am unable to sign into MSN messenger.

TerryH

EDIT: Google working fine, Wikipedia not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just MSN for me :(
  • MikeBrMikeBr Posts: 7,886
    Forum Member
    BBC, Yahoo, Google, Ebay all cannot connect or very erratic here for last half hour, seems a nationwide problem, similar post on another NTL forum.
  • kiwikiwi Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am having lots of problems....ebay,google,homail and others.
  • markelliottmarkelliott Posts: 3,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening again. Just like it was several weeks ago. See here - http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=348470.

Grrr. :mad:
  • DinoDino Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, Google, the Natwest main page (but not the online banking), Daily Mirror website is dog slow, though that could be them.

Not like NTL, up until last week it's been the dogs for me.
  • Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why are ntl turning in this sh*t??? pay a decent amount of dollar for this rubbish...been like this once a week now
  • TerryHTerryH Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More sites appear to be dropping by the minute, there are now loads I am unable to access.

TerryH
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    my internet is not working properly either...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    No hotmail.com, bbc.co.uk Why oh Why!
  • kiwikiwi Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you guys think now 1Mb is now unlimited this is NTL's way to limit it usage instead of applying caps?
  • stargazer600stargazer600 Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Same here the same sites as a couple of weeks ago google,bbc etc and loads of others including msn messenger, thankfully skype is connecting as well as bitlord. Didnt ntl supposed to have a attack of some kind a couple of weeks ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    *crying* as I have stuff listed on ebay to end within 24 hours, let alone shopping to do!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This happaned before, was unable to get on sites like google, for quite awhile. Im on virgin and its happening again :(
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep they're having problems again it would appear. Good old NTL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    yep, same probs here....just kicked in.......they seem to do this on a wednesday, cuz if i remember rightly, that was when it happened last time.......thought they had finished this *rebalancing* bollocks............wish they would give people advanced notice........i mean they drop it on ya, so if ya bidding on something in eBay, well, ya screwed......at least if ya know in advance, ya know not to start any bids on things that day! *thankfully i aint, but i bet some of you out there most likely are!*

David
  • Stuart PStuart P Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    funny how the problems occur right at the end of the day, ntl offices are probably closed & all folk are munching their dinners....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    also, notice that all these probs start on a reg basis just b4, and after the freephone has been axed........not gonna be that many complaining...... :mad:
  • ChieChie Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't get on any Google website at the moment. Google Adsense ads aren't appearing on any website I go on to where they should usually be. I'm on NTL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is going on for me too, I thought it was my connection so I restarted the box, but no joy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Same things happening here again, this past month the service has been rubbish compared to the last 2 years ive been with them. Ive always flown the flag for NTL but this past months made me want to take it down lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntlworld.com and webmail is running fine :rolleyes: other than that most of the internet aint working :(

this page even says 'done, but with errors on page' :eek:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even the advert on the contacts list on MSN says page can not be displayed.
  • shane74shane74 Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, in all honesty apart from the crap customer service, I didn't really have any complaints about ntlworld broadband...until now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    See here if you can get to it that is: www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=44857