Urgent - you can now preorder Sky HD

Sky HD site now allows you to preorder Sky HD. £30 deposit.

£299 box + £10 per month and no installation fee for existing subscribers.

www.sky.com/hd

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Pre-ordering: Subject to availability, you can pre-order Sky HD until 23.59 on 5 April 2006. If you pre-order your Sky HD box, we will attempt to contact you 3 times to book your installation so make sure you give us your mobile number if you are going to be away from home. The first installations of Sky HD boxes are planned to commence in May 2006. If you pre-order Sky HD via sky.com/hd, your £30 deposit will be refunded to you prior to booking your installation. If you pre-order Sky HD in store, Sky will deduct £30 from the price you pay for your Sky HD box.

Sky HD: Sky HD Box costs £299 for Sky digital subscribers taking a Sky HD subscription (£399 otherwise). Only compatible with digital satellite. Sky digital subscription required for Sky HD subscription. Sky HD subscription required for Sky HD programming. The Sky HD channels you receive will depend on which Sky digital package you subscribe to. Sky digital subscriptions from £15 to £42.50 per month. You will receive Sky Sports HD if your Sky digital subscription includes Sky Sports 1 and 2. You will receive Sky Movies 9 HD if your Sky digital subscription includes Sky Movies 1. You will receive Sky Movies 10 HD if your Sky digital subscription includes Sky Movies 2. Sky HD subscription is £10 per month. Sky Box Office HD movies/events cost extra. Minimum Sky HD subscription 12 months unless your Sky digital subscription ends earlier.

Standard installation Offer: While initial stocks last or until 31 May if earlier, free provided you take a Sky HD subscription. When initial stocks run out or from 31 May if earlier, free for customers taking a Multiroom and Sky HD subscription or £60 if you take a Sky HD subscription without Multiroom. £120 if you do not take a Sky HD subscription. Professional installation and fixed telephone line connection for 12 months required. Non-standard installation costs extra. Installation may be subject to delay. You must get any consents required e.g. landlord's.

Sky+: Sky+ subscription required to use the Personal Video Recorder features of the Sky HD Box. Sky+ subscription is free if you subscribe to two or more Sky Premium channels (Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Movies 1 and Sky Movies 2), otherwise £10 a month. Minimum Sky+ subscription 12 months.

Introductory Sky digital offer: Subscribe to any Sky digital package either on-line or by calling 08705 800874 before 1 May 2006 and you'll pay £7.50 to £21.25 a month for the first 3 months (providing you stay on the same package) and then from £15 to £42.50 a month. Offer not available to previous or existing customers or with any other subscription offer and excludes stand-alone premium channels and Sky Box Office movies and other pay-per-view services. Minimum Sky digital subscription 12 months.

Multiroom: Provides the same Sky digital channels as you receive under your first Sky digital subscription on a box in another room. Multiroom will not give you your Sky HD channels in another room unless you also take a second Sky HD box and a second Sky HD subscription. You must be a Sky digital subscriber at all times during your Multiroom subscription. Minimum Multiroom subscription period 12 months unless your Sky digital subscription ends earlier. Boxes that receive your first and Multiroom subscriptions must all be connected to the same fixed telephone line at all times. Sky can connect up to four standard Sky boxes or two Sky HD/Sky+ boxes to the same minidish.

Cancellation policy: If you pre-order Sky HD via sky.com/hd you can cancel your pre-order for a full refund at any time prior to booking your installation by emailing: SkyHD@bskyb.com; calling: 08708 506693 or writing to: Sky HD Pre-Order, Sky Subscribers Services Limited, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD, UK and quoting your Worldpay reference number. This does not affect your statutory rights.

General: Sky News and Sky Three are available without a subscription. Prices/channels/programmes subject to change. You must be 18 or over. Further terms apply. Information only applicable to residential customers in UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and is correct at time of print (March 2006). Please address any complaints you may have to: Sky HD, Sky Subscribers Services Limited, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD, UK. Calls cost up to 8 pence per minute for BT customers. Calls from other providers may vary.[url="javascript:window.close();"]hd_btn_close_on.gif[/url]
  • crosseycrossey Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    thank's have pre orderd.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Well spotted, ordered here too. Saves a planned trip to Comet :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Ordered :)

World Cup in Hi-Def :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    alistaln wrote:
    Sky HD: Sky HD Box costs £299 for Sky digital subscribers taking a Sky HD subscription (£399 otherwise).

So, no discount for existing customers.

The prices on both the Existing Customers and the New Customers pages are the same !!
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    What a rip off at that price! Sky make enough money in monthly subscriptions to support it.

It seems to me that sooner or later there is going to be an underclass of Sky viewer. Those that can afford to watch Sky HD and those that can't.

It should be available to all for free.

The more I read about Sky,the less I like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 404
    Forum Member
    Oh my god, it's arriv..ing!

Now, how can I justify spending £46 a month with Sky? Hmm....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Got the email too, just booked :)

Now to tell the missus ...................... <ducks frying pan>
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
    Forum Member
    Why do they have to charge an extra £10 for the HD content? Typical sky rip-off. I refused Sky+ until they dropped the £10 fee, so it looks like Sky HD will have to wait too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    booked :-) Sod all this waiting for the price to drop.

Cant wait for the world cup and wimbledon now!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Stupid question, I already have multiroom and sky + in my room, so is my subs gonna be £20 a month (£10 for multiroom + £10 HD) or £60 off?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    woo-hoo - order placed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    What a rip off at that price! Sky make enough money in monthly subscriptions to support it.

It seems to me that sooner or later there is going to be an underclass of Sky viewer. Those that can afford to watch Sky HD and those that can't.

It should be available to all for free.

The more I read about Sky,the less I like.

Here we go. Sky are a business. They have a responsibility to shareholders NOT THEIR CUSTOMERS. This is the basis of a capitalist economy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    So it looks like you have to pay sky+ Sub & Sky HD sub, so £20 extra on top of normal sub, ok if you have premium channels sky+ is free!!?!? , but still have to find another £10 a month for HD.

I want the new box to future proof, as mine is packing in, but cannot afford or jusify extra £10 a month on top of that. [ I need to buy a HDef TV also :rolleyes: )

I assume you can buy the box for £400 anyway instead of £300 if you dont take out the extra Sky HD sub.
  • ZaphodskiZaphodski Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a wife that's happy to watch anything recorded on DVD via the UHF output I'm going to have to come up with a plan to get her the wooden flooring she's after. However, onto serious matters, as I don't yet have a HDTV, how to obtain my current favourite, the Pioneer PDP 436XDE, unless anyone has a bad word against it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Yipee !!

Ordered 08:32

Wonder how many will have ordered by the end of the day?

Rik
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Balls. I knew I should have taken my viewing card number to work this morning. I even thought about taking a note of it before I left but figured it wouldn't be worth it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Edited to say:

Phew! Got through to their 08702 number surprisingly quickly and got a note of my card number.

Guess i'd better order up the HDMI card for the TV now.

Exciting stuff, I wonder how long it'll take to get things installed.
  • kempshottkempshott Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not making any decisions until the Premiership football auction is over. I *assume* Sky will win 5 of the 6 "bundles" (the most they are allowed) but if not I'll wait for a HD PVR / Freeview tuner and ditch Sky+ altogether.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Zaphodski wrote:
    With a wife that's happy to watch anything recorded on DVD via the UHF output I'm going to have to come up with a plan to get her the wooden flooring she's after. However, onto serious matters, as I don't yet have a HDTV, how to obtain my current favourite, the Pioneer PDP 436XDE, unless anyone has a bad word against it.

Its a fantastic TV......... Just watch out for Screen Retention.

For example: fell asleep watching UKG2 - woke 5am, nice Sky banner etched into the screen !!!!! :eek: :cry:
    30 minutes of fast moving images got rid of it though :)
    The other trick i used (when kiddie had been watching 'Toon Disney' which has a massive DOG (Mickey ears in bright red) - was to switch to an untuned analog station (Snow) for half an hour.

DONT BE PUT OFF BY THIS - ITS THE BEST TV ON THE MARKET IN ITS SIZE. The 506 XDE is the best 50 too.

Rik
  • timstoketimstoke Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I got my email at 0900 this morning, it was pre-ordered by 0905 - talk about feeling like a kid in a sweet shop ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing isn't it? The main reason for people taking Sky HD is the BBC's coverage of Wimbledon and the World Cup (their share of matches anyway)

I hope there is enough "regular" HD material to make it worth the price once these events are over! I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of repeat material on show.

And to be honest, why can't Sky just create an HD package where you get all the HD channels regardless of what else you subscribe to? Surely they want their HD viewers to enjoy as much HD as possible. Oh, silly me, it's a licence to print money! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    TBH I was going to hold off and wait for a while, but having seen some HD stuff I've downloaded, I don't think an extra tenner a month is too much for the service. But I've only been converted in the last week or so by actually seeing some HD content with my own eyes on my own tv.

Fingers crossed the World Cup will be on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Zaphodski wrote:
    However, onto serious matters, as I don't yet have a HDTV, how to obtain my current favourite, the Pioneer PDP 436XDE, unless anyone has a bad word against it.

Let me know how you get on, cos there doesn't seem to be many about.

Going to the Ideal Home Show tomorrow to spend an hour or so on the Pioneer stand !!

Hopefully they'll have show deals !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    adamwebb wrote:
    Stupid question, I already have multiroom and sky + in my room, so is my subs gonna be £20 a month (£10 for multiroom + £10 HD) or £60 off?

I think if you want a second HD box you need to spend £10 for mutiroom AND £10 for HD. I was hoping that they would mirror the 1st boxes subscription (as they did when you had to pay £10 for sky plus). I assume you can relocate your sky plus boxes and ask for the eight way LNB (which they imply in their T&C's won't be available)
    Nevetheless I'm still considering getting two HD boxes but not sure if I'll get two lots of £10 for HD subscription (my V1 sky plus boxes are getting a bit creaky)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Ahh... watch all the lemmings...

I am one of them :)

With a soccer mad wife, there were no problems with the presvading.