Options

Where do u think Big brother should improve this year?

13»

Comments

• Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    I still feel that 'rewards' is the way to go - it speaks to all their basic human instincts.

A basic food shop every week and extras, luxuries to be earned. Tasks therefore need to be interesting - for us as well as them - and 'doable'.

I know it hasn't been popular on here before *ducks in advance* but I like the idea of 'rich and poor' - cultivating a haves and have nots culture, but it needs to be well worked out so that it's enduring and not just a one trick pony.

If they only change one aspect this year, I'd like it to be as someone posted earlier - just leave them alone to get on with it!!!

We don't need dodgy editing and cutting away from conversations just so they can show them on the Ch4 programme - out of context more than likely. We'd like to decide for ourselves whether A fancies B or if D hates E - and no manipulation for the sake of it.

There are ways to add interest to the programme without puposely and continually causing conflict - if they're a good mix of ppl, low level conflict and banter will just happen. Messing with their heads isn't necessary :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote:
    I still feel that 'rewards' is the way to go - it speaks to all their basic human instincts.

A basic food shop every week and extras, luxuries to be earned. Tasks therefore need to be interesting - for us as well as them - and 'doable'.
    I'd go back to the earlier series idea of having hms make their own bread each day - that way they have basic rations but are forced to do something for them , it also gives them something to do in the mornings
    I know it hasn't been popular on here before *ducks in advance* but I like the idea of 'rich and poor' - cultivating a haves and have nots culture, but it needs to be well worked out so that it's enduring and not just a one trick pony.
    Done properly OK , but creating division has been overdone in the last couple of series
    If they only change one aspect this year, I'd like it to be as someone posted earlier - just leave them alone to get on with it!!!

We don't need dodgy editing and cutting away from conversations just so they can show them on the Ch4 programme - out of context more than likely. We'd like to decide for ourselves whether A fancies B or if D hates E - and no manipulation for the sake of it.

There are ways to add interest to the programme without puposely and continually causing conflict - if they're a good mix of ppl, low level conflict and banter will just happen. Messing with their heads isn't necessary :rolleyes:

Not a lot really to add to that ..... :) :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:
    I'd go back to the earlier series idea of having hms make their own bread each day - that way they have basic rations but are forced to do something for them , it also gives them something to do in the mornings

Done properly OK , but creating division has been overdone in the last couple of series

Not a lot really to add to that ..... :) :cool:

Yes - why did they stop the bread making???

I know that removal of all stimulus is 'supposed' to make them interact more, but it just doesn't - or at least they do lie around and grunt a bit, but not what I'd call interact!

Bread making was a great little routine, and several of them chatted around the kitchen surface - it's a good way to start the day.

BRING BACK THE BREAD MAKING - please!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote:
    Yes - why did they stop the bread making???

Did they stop it, or did the HMs in BB6 just not bother making any?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I agree with you on the betting front. :) Whilst I have had the odd flutter or two, there does seem to be some dodgy dealing going on. Probably has been since Bubbles eviction in BB2, but it seems to have gotten much worse the last couple series (probably due to fewer voters nowadays).

Agreed. He did bring a lot to the house, and I did like him on the whole, it was just his ego I had a problem with. ;)

I'm with you on that. I thought he was slimey since day 1. It's a pity the others in the house didn't seem to have a braincell to rub between them because some of his intellectual blunders were so obvious, anyone with half a brain should have been able to point them out.

My first priority would be to stop interfeering and trying to cause conflict. If something is going to happen, let it develop naturally (whether it is conflict, a romance, whatever).

Have a weekly task that involves the whole group as a team (i.e. all working on the same side). Go back to betting the weekly budget on the outcome of that task.

Have a Saturday reward task, for some kind of party/reward (these can be more indivdual tasks, pitting the HMs against each other), but make the show longer. Plus have small evening tasks through the week. Basically give them something to do.

The Aussie idea of giving the HMs points when you nominate them sounds good.

*Don't* reveal confidential conversations from the Diary Room. Whilst it might be a good gimmick, once the HMs cotton on, they will not feel secure in there and we won't get to hear their true thoughts.

Have set punishments in place before the show starts. no wishy washy ad-hock implementation of those punishments.

Live Feeds, like you say, should only be sound-dipped when absolutely neccesary. Go back to having four seperate internet feeds like you did in BB1.

Have a larger garden, with sports/games equipment being given as a reward/taken away as a punishment.

Plus get rid of the alarms! (Ooops, sorry, it slipped out. :p )
    haha you just couldnt resist the alarm could you :D

Yes I think they are all good ideas and thoughts.
    The only one im a little wary on is the interfering,I agree trying to create situations for dodgy romance is silly and should cease,but in BB5 I loved the conflict caused by the bedsit for example,and also the counter attack on the hms after there mini revoloution was funny,then we had beckis judas kiss,victors cold showers,and so on.
    Sometimes though interfering does drive me nuts,hate the secret missions and not to fond of playing back selected conversations as a punishment,like you say make it very clear what the punishments will be before the show and stick with it..no exceptions.
    Love the sports equipment idea..in usa they have a task that needs to be passed to open the jacuzzi and aussie bb they have had their jacuzzi closed and equipment taken away as punishment.
    If rumours are to be believed the garden is going to be bigger so you never know.
    If Endemol take on board just half the sugestions made in this thread it should be a brilliant show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't recall them doing it in 4/5 either - but it's quite easy to return the process - remove bread from the shopping list - provide the ingredients free of charge and tell them to get on with it.

P.S. It was included in BB6 as part of the pirate task - I think it may have been the only part they passed :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember shell showing stu how to make bread in BB5,think what needs to happen is bread should not be on the shopping list just the ingredients to make it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BB could have shot himself in the foot with the 'private conversation playbacks' now. Given that HMs these days are so clued up on previous series - and that they used it on CBB4 which is much more recent, they might be very much more on their guard now. Does this spell the end of BB bitching sessions???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:
    I don't recall them doing it in 4/5 either - but it's quite easy to return the process - remove bread from the shopping list - provide the ingredients free of charge and tell them to get on with it.

P.S. It was included in BB6 as part of the pirate task - I think it may have been the only part they passed :D

Easy to solve as you say ;)

D'you think we should reproduce this thread (edited of course) and email it to Endemol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoJo4 wrote:
    Easy to solve as you say ;)

D'you think we should reproduce this thread (edited of course) and email it to Endemol :D

No - we should email it word for word to Endemol ! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:
    No - we should email it word for word to Endemol ! :D

Even better ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBLB wrote:
    haha you just couldnt resist the alarm could you :D

Don't now what you mean. *insert innocent whistling smilie here*
    The only one im a little wary on is the interfering,I agree trying to create situations for dodgy romance is silly and should cease,but in BB5 I loved the conflict caused by the bedsit for example,and also the counter attack on the hms after there mini revoloution was funny,then we had beckis judas kiss,victors cold showers,and so on.

I wasn't keen on the bedsit idea as it was obvious the conflict it would cause, but I know many people loved it. I just don't like any ideas where HMs get to 'spy' on other HMs because just as with revealing the DR conversations, once HMs realise this is a possibility, they will either not say how they are really feeling/act normal, or they will take a 'I'll say whatever I like, when I like' bulshy attitude, like they did in BB6.

I thought the counter attack to the protest was brilliant. Also Victor's showers were good.

I didn't like the Judas kiss, because it was just a stunt that Beckie had to pay the price for. If one of the existing HMs was given the task, it might have been better, but as it was the new person doing it it was obvious that she would get evicted as soon as she was put up.
    Love the sports equipment idea..in usa they have a task that needs to be passed to open the jacuzzi and aussie bb they have had their jacuzzi closed and equipment taken away as punishment.

Some of the US type tasks would be great for the Saturday reward show.
    If Endemol take on board just half the sugestions made in this thread it should be a brilliant show.

I agree, but I have a big fear that we are just going to see BB6 again, or worse. :(
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Dellyg wrote:
    Ban all bimbo himbos and chavs.

So nobody like, Sam, Chantell, Orliath , Saskia, Jodie, Maxwell or Anthony ..................so lets have some disabled housemates this year.

Er Hello!
    haven't all of the above been "challenged" in some way, some years its been more care in the community and asbo land than big brother.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RE: Baking Bread

Just did a quick search through the Live Updates threads and they did make their own bread on several occasions in BB6.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but I have a big fear that we are just going to see BB6 again, or worse. :(
    Well you know my theory.
    Odd numbered shows are the ones most people love and seem to be the most imaginitive,I really dont believe we will get a repeat of BB6.
    Or worse is possible,depending on what you really want from the show..I think it will be really different.
    I had heard a rumour on one of the threads that they have got the necessary paperwork sorted to get a dvd release this year as well .
    If this isint a classic series my theory will never be mentioned again :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RE: Baking Bread

Just did a quick search through the Live Updates threads and they did make their own bread on several occasions in BB6.

I don't think it was all the time though - previous series they HAD to make their own bread - most of the BB6 lot would have starved if they hadn't been supplied extra rations at times
  • Options
    zombie woofzombie woof Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    Tighten up on the punishments for the tasks. They hardly bothered doing them last year and got away with it. A more draconian approach would keep them on their toes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBLB wrote:
    Well you know my theory.
    Odd numbered shows are the ones most people love and seem to be the most imaginitive,

It's like the opposite of Star Trek movies. ;)
    Or worse is possible,depending on what you really want from the show..I think it will be really different.

I hope it will be better/different, because although I have been a huge fan of BB since day 1, BB6 did push my loyalty to it's limits.

If my understanding of the situation is correct, one of the biggest problems the show has IMHO is that they get rid of most of the behind the scenes team each year and always employ young, inexperienced people. These people tend to be eager to please and quick to go for the immediate, sensationistic approach, rather than the more staid, careful build up type approach that a more experienced person might favour. they also do not have the experience to stand up and say no to something that isn't going to work..
    If this isint a classic series my theory will never be mentioned again :D

Or it could just be the exception that proves the rule. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    I don't think it was all the time though - previous series they HAD to make their own bread - most of the BB6 lot would have starved if they hadn't been supplied extra rations at times

They didn't have to make the bread in previous series. They chose to make it when their shopping budget was lowered. No difference to BB6, only that in previous series the HMs tended to see it as also being something to do and a skill to learn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They didn't have to make the bread in previous series. They chose to make it when their shopping budget was lowered. No difference to BB6, only that in previous series the HMs tended to see it as also being something to do and a skill to learn.

Maybe i'm wrong but I seem to recall in the first two or three series it was a daily 'task' to make bread - either way I think it would be good idea to implement for the next series :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    Maybe i'm wrong but I seem to recall in the first two or three series it was a daily 'task' to make bread - either way I think it would be good idea to implement for the next series :cool:

I'm not sure that it was a daily task as such. The HMs were meant to use their staple supplies (flour, milk, yeast and rice IIRC), the vegetables they grew and any eggs from the chickens as part of their daily food intake, but i don't think there were any actual mandates as to what they did with that food. The bread making instructions were part of the 'Welcome Pack'. However, i do agree that I would like to see that kind of thing back, including the vegetables and the chickens (and Barry!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er Hello!
    haven't all of the above been "challenged" in some way, some years its been more care in the community and asbo land than big brother.

What has care in the community and asbo got to d with anything? :confused:

Disablement is a social process, but from you post it is clear like so many people you view it as a medical problem or personal tragedy This medical model of disability permeates society and is responsible for social oppression of disable people.

Your comment about care in the community is the type disablist comments that can make disable people feel that it is their own fault that they are different. The difference is that some part, or parts, of a disabled person’s body or mind is limited in their functioning. This is impairment. This does not make disabled people any less human then their ethnicity, gender sexuality does. But sadly some people have not been brought up to accept disabled people for who they. Through fear, ignorance and prejudice barriers and discriminatory practices develop which disable disables people .

The ‘social model of disability’ has important implications for TV– particularly with reference to realty game show. Prejudicial attitudes towards disabled people and indeed against all minority groups are not inherited. They are learned through contact with the prejudice and ignorance of others. Therefore, to challenge discrimination against disabled people, we must begin in shows such as Big Brother.