Options

Post Your Installation Date for Sky+HD

cjgperscjgpers Posts: 1,768
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, installation booked for 22nd May. I pre-ordered Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:03:29 GMT

She almost booked me for the 1st May, but got told by a colleague that the first date for Sky+HD installs is 22nd. I was also told I was the first person they were booking an HD install for.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Congratulations :)
  • Options
    Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Well done :) but the 22nd?

I'm way down the list, I don't think I pre-ordered for a week or more (after a few budget decisions!) so now I'm a bit worried about getting installed before June 9th for the World Cup! Haven't had the refund email yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    I ordered online at 10.13am on the 24th, no refund yet and no phone call, I am anxiously waiting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    Installation arranged for 22nd May. I was second on the customer rep's list. I preregistered on the first day the Sky HD site started, and pre-ordered at about 8.03am on the Friday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,226
    Forum Member
    did they want the £299 today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, they wanted the £299 payment by Switch or credit card.
  • Options
    browserxyz456browserxyz456 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Just been refunded - so here's hoping I can add my date here soon :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    looking at AV forum it appears the refund comes through about 20 mins before they call you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Mark200 wrote:
    Yes, they wanted the £299 payment by Switch or credit card.
    Mmm, making it around 6 weeks that Sky will have had the money in their account before we get our paws on the equipment - a nice little earner on the interest.

Anybody going to pluck up the courage and proffer 'yes, these are my card details but I only authorize you to take the monies 48hours before installation' and see what they say ;-)
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robkiger wrote:
    Mmm, making it around 6 weeks that Sky will have had the money in their account before we get our paws on the equipment - a nice little earner on the interest.

Anybody going to pluck up the courage and proffer 'yes, these are my card details but I only authorize you to take the monies 48hours before installation' and see what they say ;-)
    Good point - I will at least ask them why they are taking my money so early when the phone me. ;) Anyone know the law on this one?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    Refund just gone through and today's the day I forget my wallet. Guess i'll just have to see if they'll call me back tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ascender wrote:
    Refund just gone through and today's the day I forget my wallet. Guess i'll just have to see if they'll call me back tomorrow.

what time on 24th did you order?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    CamdenMark wrote:
    what time on 24th did you order?

Just dug out my receipt, it was 9:19am.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the order of the refunds or start panicking or anything like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    CamdenMark wrote:
    looking at AV forum it appears the refund comes through about 20 mins before they call you.

Well mine was refunded at 09:57 but no call yet !!!

Ordered at 08:34 first day, before getting the email./

Rik
  • Options
    BobbyDrakeBobbyDrake Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    I ordered around 8.30am on the 24th and got my refund email at 10.01am so just waiting for call now!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    well as we only have two confirmed, looks like Sky's only got a couple of HD Boxes HE HE ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Sounds like i will be waiting ages ordered on 25th @ 18:34
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    0810 signup on Friday. Refund at 0846 today. Finished installation call at 1045. Must be between 0800 and 1700 - so chose May 23rd rather than May 22nd as I can do all day on May 23rd...:)

I'm a simple Sky+ installation in Reading going over to SkyHD without relocating the box. Paid £299 with credit/debit but do not take Amex. 12 month contract. Must have phone line connected for 12 months. Can cancel within first calendar month.

All done - thanks cjgpers
    Pioneer Plasma 50" PDP506XDE + Future Automation Swivel Bracket PS50-A | Yamaha RX-V4600 | Monitor Audio Silver RS6 + RSLCR + CP In-ceiling (x2) | REL Stampede Subwoofer | Sky HD (install May 23rd) | Oppo Digital OPDV971H | Toshiba 32WL56 (bedroom).

New Pioneer Plasma FAQ here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too!!!
    alistaln wrote:
    12 month contract. Must have phone line connected for 12 months. Can cancel within first calendar month.

The other thing of interest is that you can change your packages whenever you want, but if you're getting the introductory half price thing, you will get charged full price for those 3 months if you change your package in those 3 months.

Also, the DD will start 2 weeks after installation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Wonder if its by Surname !!!

I am a W, so long time to wait !!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    munta wrote:
    Good point - I will at least ask them why they are taking my money so early when the phone me. ;) Anyone know the law on this one?

Unfortunately YES, a company can put any terms and conditions they wish on a sale.
    It is then up to you as the consumer to decide whether or not you wish to deal with them on those terms.

It is certainly UNUSUAL for any company to demand payment in full that far away from an actual delivery date.
    Unusual? Yes.
    Unfair? Possibly
    Illegal? Not in the least.

Which is a pain for me as I dont actually get paid until tomorrow.
    Hoping they dont call today now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well as we only have two confirmed

and counting...

I thought I'd try to instigate a poll of installation dates so people can confirm they've received their installation date, but don't know if I can't because I'm too new here or because there's already one running on pre-orders.

Only 46 days to go... :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rikwebb wrote:
    Wonder if its by Surname !!!

I am a W, so long time to wait !!!!
    I think it must be, Pre-ordered before email went out, received refund email at 9.55am still nothing.
  • Options
    BobbyDrakeBobbyDrake Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    My surname begins with a 'B' - refund at 10am, still no sign of a call. Don't want to move away from the phone! :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nope it's not on surname, else I would have not got mine.
    I think each CS rep will have got their own sheet, and it's down to how many each does.
    My call lasted about 20 mins, with systems going down several times.