Options

Confirmed OTA update reports here please.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 195
Forum Member
Looks like one person has successfully updated OTA so far... anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like one person has successfully updated OTA so far... anyone else?

Updated successfully starting at 11.15am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Updated successfully 12.15pm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Updated fine approx 11.30am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Updated ok at approx 11.30 am also
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Update triggered at 12:25pm. All done - No restart.
  • Options
    fenlanderfenlander Posts: 2,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12.30. Took about 10 minutes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Yes at 12:30. Just remember to be patient and let it do its stuff, as it display something like "GO OTA" for a while and then do various loading cycles before doing a normal switch on from standby i.e. keep those itchy fingers away from your remote while it is downloading and updating otherwise you might upset it!

Ridge Hill trasnsmitter
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    ~12:30. No problems.

It now says software verison PGXTF 1.00.04.
    The loader version has stayed the same (a4.07).
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    14:00
    Emley Moor
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    No problems, update received manually at 12.30pm 6/4/06 using a mux B channel (BBC Parliament, as I wasn't sure if it would find it if I wasn't on mux B). Oxford transmitter.

Didn't do a reset to factory settings in case I lost my recordings.

Box did not lock up on BBC1 at 12.59 as it normally does.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Updated successfully between 1.50 and 2ish. I used automatic update (p.GB67 in the manual). Found the update pretty quickly but the 'loading message seemed to stick on 0% for ages which gave me palpitations (message on box said GO OTA which was comforting). Then 'decompressing' 0-100%, then 'programming 0-100%, then the usual start-up procedure. Finally 'Your software was successfully upgraded. New features are now available'.
    S/W version is now PGXTF 1.00.04 (I was on 1.00.00 before)

Crystal Palace transmitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TDS wrote:
    ...but the 'loading message seemed to stick on 0% for ages which gave me palpitations...

This is because the update is on a carouselle - ie it cycles. So the box finds it, then it has to wait for it to start again before it can download it. You know, like teletext, when you go to a page and it's on page 2/9 and have to wait for ages for it to get back to 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    OTA - Updated at around 6am this morning.
    PVR was in standby - voila instant update in a matter of seconds - very impressed. :)
    No lockups.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    14:30 tv flickered and clicked for 5 minutes before update started, then no problems
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    bbscamp wrote:
    OTA - Updated at around 6am this morning.
    PVR was in standby - voila instant update in a matter of seconds - very impressed. :)
    No lockups.
    That's impressive. I thought the update wasn't broadcast until 10am... :D
  • Options
    bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Updated 14:40 Sandy Heath-all OK.Great to be able to edit timers and keep programme title.The improvement on BBC text is another bonus.Cheers Humax!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is because the update is on a carouselle - ie it cycles. So the box finds it, then it has to wait for it to start again before it can download it. You know, like teletext, when you go to a page and it's on page 2/9 and have to wait for ages for it to get back to 1.

No it doesn't have too. It might but actually do that, but it doesn't have to ignore everything until it gets to the start again. With you example it could store pages 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1 and then put them in order before exicuting them. The box doesn't exicute the code until it's all downloaded anyway, so the fact that it would get the parts out of order is largly irrevelvent. My Thompson DTI1000 seemed to do this, the updates always progressed instantly. In fact the 9200T does thius with the guide, it doesn't wait for the cycle to start over before adding infomation to it, but does it as it is receved, of course the guide isn't totally useable until it's all receved, but it take less time that way.

Oh successful OTA at 11:30. The "New features added" message seems premature though - it just fixed bugs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it doesn't have too. It might but actually do that, but it doesn't have to ignore everything until it gets to the start again. With you example it could store pages 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1 and then put them in order before exicuting them. The box doesn't exicute the code until it's all downloaded anyway, so the fact that it would get the parts out of order is largly irrevelvent. My Thompson DTI1000 seemed to do this, the updates always progressed instantly. In fact the 9200T does thius with the guide, it doesn't wait for the cycle to start over before adding infomation to it, but does it as it is receved, of course the guide isn't totally useable until it's all receved, but it take less time that way.

Oh successful OTA at 11:30. The "New features added" message seems premature though - it just fixed bugs.

Good point. But I would imagine that the time taken to broadcast 2 full cycles is short enough that humax didn't bother with this logic. I don't know if addresses are broadcast in order to make it easy to reconcile the chunks or what. I dunno... it was just a suggestion really.
  • Options
    MeMe Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mfmf wrote:
    That's impressive. I thought the update wasn't broadcast until 10am... :D

It certainly wasn't on Sandy Heath until well after 10 - (perhaps it was 10 am GMT?)

Successfully updated about 11.30 am

Used Automatic and it did what it says on the tin
  • Options
    bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me wrote:
    It certainly wasn't on Sandy Heath until well after 10 - (perhaps it was 10 am GMT?)

Successfully updated about 11.30 am

Used Automatic and it did what it says on the tin
    There appears to be a spate of "porkies" appearing on the Humax threads of late!
  • Options
    mkstevomkstevo Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Upgraded the box in the shop here at 16:00 , tried first thing at 9:00 but no new software found ( Mighty Belmont transmitter ) .

Must admit , I always thought the updates were sent 'carousel' style , but never actually sure .

Update went well , thank goodness , now to advise customers of what to do ...

Any body else having trouble today with an update for a Philips IDTV that takes more than 4 hours of no progress ?? Perhaps it is just our customers ... :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Only dissapointment for me is that although the name change error that occured if you extended the recording time has been fixed, if you add time onto the end of a recording (fixed since 1.00.01), it is still not fixed if you edit the recording to start earlier. I thought in between 1.00.01 and 1.00.04 they could have done this as well, as this is not a new feature but a bug fix and this release was supposed to mainly address bugs in the software.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Upgraded smooth and fast. We've never had a lock up in the 5 months we've had the Humax (Redruth transmitter) so just having the name remain in the scheduled list is a nice addition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roy I think you are talking about the name of the recording in the playlist after it has been recorded- is this correct? The fix in 01 was so that when you editied a scheduled timer to add minutes on to the end it no longer blanks out the name so you can see what you have set to record from the scheduled timer list.

The new software addresses the same problem when you edit the start time of a timer.

The change most of us wants where the finished recording has an entry in the playlist of the name that was in the timer, rather than what was actually on when the recording started, is still outstanding. It was hoped that this would be fixed in the last beta but they need to go back to it as its not quite right. So I'll guess they'll change it but its not available, yet.
  • Options
    WeetibixWeetibix Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did it around 5.40pm afer arriving home from work

It stuck at 0% for a long time so i was slightly worried...

but left it and when i came back at around 6.00pm
    got the message that it had updated successfully

Nice one