PLEASE Don't Vote BNP

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,464
Forum Member
In that report yesterday it said up to 25% of vothes may vote BNP.

Is this country going mad? or are the statistics wrong (do they mean 2.5% of voters)?

Is there anyone of DS who supports them? (Just interested - I dont know anyone who supports them)

er.

Comments

• bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I definitely wouldn't vote for them. My feelings about this vile party are not suitable for a family audience.
  • dizzyblondedizzyblonde Posts: 5,897
    Forum Member
    To paraphrase - I certainly wouldn't want to be a member of any club that wouldn't let me in ;)
  • Joe'sgirlJoe'sgirl Posts: 10,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In that report yesterday it said up to 25% of vothes may vote BNP.

Is this country going mad? or are the statistics wrong (do they mean 2.5% of voters)?

Is there anyone of DS who supports them? (Just interested - I dont know anyone who supports them)

er.

It said on the radio that up to 25% of LABOUR voters were considering voting BNP.....bit of a difference.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    I suspect a large proportion of racists are planning to vote BNP...
  • morningmorning Posts: 17,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a Labour voter and would not vote the BNP, SNP... - I just don't like the word "national". Oh, or the word "Tory" or "Christian" or "Communist" or "Liberal" or "British"...or any party that excludes DB. :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4915096.stm
    just says voters.

As ever it probably just another organization orchestrating a scare story further there cause under the excuse of "the ends justifies the means". In this case it is getting the media to report the "threat of the BNP".

How many people were interviews and what question were asked? Anyone who conducts interviews knows that using the words "might" and "may" produces meaningless results. Whats more the JRI know that full well, they are treating the public as chumps.

The Joseph Rowntree Reform Trust said up to 25% of voters said they "might vote" for the far-right party.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I certainly won't ever vote for the BNP.

I just hope I can get to vote in the coming elections. I'm registered to vote in two places at the moment and as things are turning out it looks like I might not get to vote in either places on the day....not sure if there is time to still register for a postal vote either :(

I'm a bit annoyed by this as in at least one of the places the BNP are standing a candidate (they came last in the same place the last time they stood a candidate). I really want to try and get to vote.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't go as far as to say I "support" them, and I wouldn't vote for them, but I recently saw Nick Griffin on TV and some of what he said actually made sense (on the other hand, the muscle-bound thugs he had minding him were very off-putting and a tad sinister).

The problem is that these days, anyone who stands up and says that something needs to be done to curb illegal immigration and advocates unceremoniously deporting "economic asylum seekers" (as opposed to people genuinely seeking asylum for fear of their own lives) is immediately shouted down as "racist" or "xenophobic". And as soon as the government tries to come up with measures to deal with the problem, the "human rights" lobby is up in arms to foil their every move (ironic really, given that it was the Labour government that passed all this "human rights" legislation in the first place and enshrined the European human rights charter in UK law).

The fact is that - contrary to what they all claim - no single political party has all the answers to all the country's problems, be they economic, social or whatever else. Yet on occasion you do get a politician stand up and talk some sense, be that politician Labour, Tory, Lib Dem - or even Nick Griffin of the BNP.

You may or may not agree with Nick Griffin's description of the UK as a "multicultural mess", but there's no escaping the fact that unchecked immigration and economic migration are now a major problem in the UK. And therein lies the appeal (or potential appeal) of the BNP to many people. And it's an appeal that will only grow, the longer the immigration problem is allowed to worsen.
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think this is an attempt, internal or external, to get people to vote for the three major parties in May.

How do you boost your vote and look good in the process? Speak out against the nationalist parties. It helps stabalise your own position.

The BNP are scum and it's sad that some people feel they have to vote for them, but keep attacking them like this and it'll just get them more publicity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat_Eric wrote:
    You may or may not agree with Nick Griffin's description of the UK as a "multicultural mess", but there's no escaping the fact that unchecked immigration and economic migration are now a major problem in the UK. And therein lies the appeal (or potential appeal) of the BNP to many people. And it's an appeal that will only grow, the longer the immigration problem is allowed to worsen.
    That is the bottom line - the government is allowing the immigration problem to worsen. They are allowing the vocal minority interest human rights lobby to dictate national policy. The human rights lobby are only interested in the individual, the government is looking after the interest of the collective. The two seem to be mutually exclusive. We need a sensible debate without anyone calling someone else racist until we do the bnp is going to pick up more votes. As voters are so apathetic they can't be bothered to vote for the three main parties, I can see a situation where the bnp wins seats in parliament because they have managed to get all of their voters out.
  • ronantronant Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What f***ing immigration problem??!!! Britain DOES NOT have any immigration problem! It's just a load of crap which the Daily Mail/Express just makes up and too many people in this country believe which is pretty scary!

Sure we can't have millions of people flooding the country and at the moment there aren't!! So don't believe that asylum seekers are to blame for everything and be sensible!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote:
    What f***ing immigration problem??!!! Britain DOES NOT have any immigration problem! It's just a load of crap which the Daily Mail/Express just makes up and too many people in this country believe which is pretty scary!
    Where do you live exactly? Because you seem to be spouting the sort of views that have people voting for the bnp.

Britain's main immigration problem is that you can not have a discussion on the subject without someone using the R word. The second is that the government does not seem to have a coherent structure for dealing with immigration, migration, asylum. The third is that government allows immigration, migration and asylum to lumped under one topic. A muddying of the waters if you will. They are three different things.
    Sure we can't have millions of people flooding the country and at the moment there aren't!! So don't believe that asylum seekers are to blame for everything and be sensible!
    The government is to blame for everything. I don't think anyone blames asylum seekers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the BNP will continue to gather support. The three main parties are useless and if I had a candidate in my area I'd certainly consider voting for him.
  • Joe'sgirlJoe'sgirl Posts: 10,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mad1 wrote:
    Where do you live exactly? Because you seem to be spouting the sort of views that have people voting for the bnp.

Britain's main immigration problem is that you can not have a discussion on the subject without someone using the R word. The second is that the government does not seem to have a coherent structure for dealing with immigration, migration, asylum. The third is that government allows immigration, migration and asylum to lumped under one topic. A muddying of the waters if you will. They are three different things.

The government is to blame for everything. I don't think anyone blames asylum seekers.

Spot on post. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Ronant. Every country has some type of Migaration problem, and we not the top.
    When the further 10 EU countries were added, the BBC and others like the SUn, daily mail etc were saying that millions are going to flock into this country from Poland. That was total rubbish. Less than a million came to the UK, and majority were builders and plumbers, which is the top category for this country's shortages.

According to the BNP they want to send back all asians and blacks to 'were they came from'. So leaves this country with virtually no doctors, dentists, plumbers, builders, factory workers etc. The list is endless. Where will this country be if the BNP come to government.
    (Virtually Post-war germany, that where)
  • IanslaterIanslater Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit I am definately thinking about voting BNP, I'm sick of the lies from the Labour party.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mad1 wrote:

I agree with most of that - but that dosen't add up to an immigration problem, it's just a problem about how we talk about immigration. Some people are afraid to say what they really think - we should let everyone have their opinions.

But sadly an awful lot of opinions are formed in this country by reading crap in certain newspapers. My point is that we're not being flooded with immigrants any more than we have in the past. There needs to be strict controls of course but immigration really is not a massive problem in this country. However how we talk about it is a problem.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ianslater wrote:
    I must admit I am definately thinking about voting BNP, I'm sick of the lies from the Labour party.

So why should that make you want to vote for a racist party who want to round-up and deport huge numbers of brits??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want people deported, but I am very concerned about many people coming into the country illegally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ianslater wrote:
    I don't want people deported, but I am very concerned about many people coming into the country illegally.

Well so am i.. but that's not a reason why you should vote for the BNP. The BNP want to deport anyone who isn't white.. it's like saying we're going to get rid of everyone with green eyes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What party sticks up for the majority white person?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ianslater wrote:
    What party sticks up for the majority white person?
    No party should stick up for the 'majority white person'. No party should stick up for one group over another. They should treat everyone equally. And equally, no political party should discriminate against any particluar group.

All should treat everyone equally and any that don't do this don't deserve the support of the people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ianslater wrote:
    Oh, and I'm afraid you can't pick and choose which bits of a parties policy you support. Either you vote totally in favour of everything they stand for or else you don't vote for them.

You can't vote for the BNP and turn round and say 'oh, but I don't agree with that bit of their policy', not when that bit of their policy was clear when you chose to vote for them. If you don't like something about what they stand for, then the solution is simple: don't vote for them.
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evil Eye wrote:
    No party should stick up for the 'majority white person'. No party should stick up for one group over another. They should treat everyone equally. And equally, no political party should discriminate against any particluar group.

All should treat everyone equally and any that don't do this don't deserve the support of the people.

I understand what you're saying but...

The SNP, for instance, defend the interests of the Scottish people, and campaign for Scottish independence, something that (arguably) a large number of English people are against. Should the SNP therefore not get the support of the people? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,464
    Forum Member
    Joe'sgirl wrote:
    It said on the radio that up to 25% of LABOUR voters were considering voting BNP.....bit of a difference.

Which is what I said... :)

Why would anyone vote for a party that wants everyone to do national service and then keep a rifle so they can shoot intruders etc. Also their manifesto includes the reintroduction of corporal and capital punishment and depriving people who disagree with them the right to vote eg dictatorship :mad:

HELLO - RACIST FASCIST SCUM why can some people not see this

er.