Options

Alba STB1XI freeview box - advice needed

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
Forum Member
I have had this for just over a year and the adaptor has gone. When I called Alba, they advise that they are out of stock of replacment adaptors and are not expecting them in until June.

Obviously , I am not happy about this. I have tried to establish if I can go in to an electrical shop and buy another adaptor, whether it will work. I have been told that I am unable to get Alba's own adaptor anywhere else but the customer services rep I spoke to was not exacltly helpful on whether I can purchase an alternative make.

Has anyone had any experience of this and know if I can get an adaptor elsewhere that will work on this box.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    John CurrieJohn Currie Posts: 2,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    colbhoy wrote:
    I have had this for just over a year and the adaptor has gone. When I called Alba, they advise that they are out of stock of replacment adaptors and are not expecting them in until June.

Obviously , I am not happy about this. I have tried to establish if I can go in to an electrical shop and buy another adaptor, whether it will work. I have been told that I am unable to get Alba's own adaptor anywhere else but the customer services rep I spoke to was not exacltly helpful on whether I can purchase an alternative make.

Has anyone had any experience of this and know if I can get an adaptor elsewhere that will work on this box.

Thanks

Yes, you can use an alternative adapter.
    Just take of note of all the important information on the original one.

DC Volts output.
    Current rating in amps.
    Physical Size and polarity of the output plug.

Maplins have a good range of DC adapters so it's best to take the old one along with you and show the assistant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    That's great, thanks for that.