Options

I met a BNP supporter once!

lalalala Posts: 21,175
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not sure if this is political, as I'm just telling a true story that happened to me about... ooh, let's see. 2 years ago.

It was during the summer of 2004, May to be exact. I just came home from going for an interview at a college in the city of London (Westminster). Anyways I took the Victoria tube line home and behold, on the tube handing out leaflets and smiling was a beautiful blond girl wearing a BNP badge. Her name was Nichole, I remember this because it is the same name as mine. Anyways, she must have spotted me looking in the corner of the rattling carriage and found my rather light bulb complexion skin and thought she would come round to me and have a nice chat. A BNP member and a mixed race girl chatting side-by-side- Who'd ever thought it eh?

Well not quite. She was pleasant enough at the beginning, and I was 'foreign' enough to be kind in return, despite her shiny badge. She then pressed on with the main question;
"So, were you born abroad or here?"

"As you can guess from my accent, here in London", I had to say this through gritted teeth as the cheek of the question was quite something.

But then the next question came as quickly as the first,
"Are you first or second generation born here?"

I really didn't understand the meaning of this question, mind you I was 17 at the time, but I presumed she meant whether I'm the first of my family to be born here. As I was I answered "first generation". At this point I was now aware of two African business ladies sitting opposite me with the look of deepest disgust on their faces. I was so embarrassed at this point I was asking why hadn't a Jehovah Witness be brought to me instead of a member of the BNP.

The BNP lady, who had apparently chosen to ignore the very cold stares of the people in the carriage, carried on with her inquiries;
"Oh, well you see in our policies if you are first generation British then we will personally, through the state, pay for you to go back home" She said, with a smile and a blink.

All I could do at this point was check to see if I was near my stop (which I was) and smile. Yes it was one of the hardest smiles I ever had to put on, but as I always say- to answer rudeness, you give back kindness. I don't know what she meant by 'home', but if she meant she was going to pay for my tube travel 'home' then I would have gladly sign on the dotted line.

She then handed me her parties manifesto. I was now aware of someone gasping as I touched the leaflet, but I chose to ignore it and sense it as apart of the rattling of the train. I was nearly at my stop at this point and thanked God for that. I then thought, it is now or never- I need to make my views clear to this poor beautiful woman. So as I was only seconds away from my destination. I took the chewing gum out of my mouth, pressed it upon the manifesto, folded the leaflet up and gave it back, in hand to the nice girl and said;
"Sorry love, I don't take trash. Goodbye"

I swear I heard someone call out "bitch", but again I chose to believe it was the noise of the now moving train.

This is a true story, I have told it many a times to my friends. And I don't think I would ever forget that journey home as long as I live, which won't be long if I carry on eating this chocolate cake that is beside me. Yummy, yummy, it's the colour brown, I wonder if Nichole would like it. It's tasty. ;)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,857
    Forum Member
    Gwan lala!!

They are scummy people, despite what people say about them.

I met a BNP member a good few years ago (I was about 15) by accident and he had a similar chat with me (- had to listen, wasn’t sure if he’d get violent or not) and near the end of the his little talk he said – “Don’t worry, we’ll deal with the Paki’s first and then we’ll get rid of your lot and all the others” (Asians) - :eek: !!
  • Options
    VidicVidic Posts: 1,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These BNP people are true scum,

It is so disgusting to hear of this.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lala wrote:

I took the chewing gum out of my mouth, pressed it upon the manifesto, folded the leaflet up and gave it back, in hand to the nice girl and said;

Good for you. ;):)
  • Options
    UpsonPainter NNUpsonPainter NN Posts: 1,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala wrote:
    . I took the chewing gum out of my mouth, pressed it upon the manifesto, folded the leaflet up and gave it back, in hand to the nice girl and said;

Good on ya!

They are one political group I truly despise. What worries me, is if they make an impact on the ballot paper in two weeks, and win seats.
  • Options
    RuokasiRuokasi Posts: 3,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala wrote:
    The BNP lady, who had apparently chosen to ignore the very cold stares of the people in the carriage, carried on with her inquiries;
    "Oh, well you see in our policies if you are first generation British then we will personally, through the state, pay for you to go back home" She said, with a smile and a blink.

If I am honest, I found that quite funny, as in shock that she would actually say it to you.. And because it seemed like a good punch line.

Also, I would really prefer the BNP more if they learnt that they wont get many votes being racist. If they actually focused their attention on more pressing issues, then they might become more popular.. They must understand that I doubt the Queen or EU or UN would allow a BNP leader to try and remove all minorities from the country - they would find it hugely difficult.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a guy who supports the BNP movement. He believes the policies are sane and reasonable. The strange thing is he's South African. When pressed for his reasons for leaving SA he tells me about the political climate, its not safe to live there, etc. The irony that he is also an immigrant, seeking refuge in a country that is safe in comparison and can offer him a supposedly better life is lost on him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If we supported the BNP 60 years' ago - we'd be german now :mad:

:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A lot of people also believe that they kicked off the trouble in Bradford, which started the Race Riots in 2001.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the place to come to for impartial comments about the BNP ? :rolleyes:

Go Nick baby. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who needs to remain impartial, just read up on Griffins links to other Extremist groups and his political activates in the past – says it all.
  • Options
    ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Our" local BNP leader came to unblock our drains once.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the place to come to for impartial comments about the BNP ? :rolleyes:

Go Nick baby. :p

The BNP don't believe in impartiality...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Examinus wrote:
    "Our" local BNP leader came to unblock our drains once.

What, ....to get the'dirty' stuff out :eek:

:D
  • Options
    ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What, ....to get the'dirty' stuff out :eek:

He was quite a nice man though. A bit creepy when he asked my Mum out, but he went away when he finally realised what **** off means :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was talking to my friend yesterday and we were discussing the xenophobes, the BNP and all the other lovely ppl of the friendly, welcoming UK.... :rolleyes:

anyway she told me about one of her other friends who works for the Home Office. this person works with the asylum seekers apparently.

on the one hand it appears that the home office does indeed keep a huge amazing gigantic load of information about every person they have on their books. every bit of correspondence from person 'x' is recorded and their answers to questions posed to them are meticulously recorded.

on the other hand this same friend working for the HO, complains about how there are asylum seekers who come dressed as muslim women. she suspects they are men but she is not allowed, apparently, to ask them to take it off.

naturally this HO person is disgusted and annoyed and infuriated that this happens. she is also annoyed that last year when some changes were made to govt policies there was a mass increase in the number of asylum seekers needing to come to the HO. apparently the HO provided hot chocolate and baked potatoes and had erected some kind of barrier against the cold/wet for them.

now what struck me was that this woman working for HO is annoyed, furious, livid about the unfairness and favouritism shown by the govt to foreigners who 'get a free ride' as she thinks....she resents the fact that she would have to buy her own lunch as opposed to qualifying for hot chocolate and a baked potato.

fair enough.

what i do not get is why anyone who is so downright annoyed, insulted and furious at such a policy, happily helps the government to enforce it every day. if, you knew that you were a cog in a policy that was offensive and damaging to not just yourself but the entire country, would you sit down and be quiet? would you not want to talk to the media about it? would you not want to do what is right and just? i am livid at the apathy from those who have a chance to expose the truth but will not. they might be frozen in fear of losing their jobs or their pensions...but if you will not take a stand and be courageous against what is creating tremendous division/angst/hatred/resentment/distrust in britain, then ppl like her deserve the consequences....but ppl like us who do not work for the government and are just left to deal with the effects of their policies have to put up with frustrating and unfair consequences too :mad: .

i could not for one moment perpetuate such wrong policies. i would just find some media source with some credibility and try to make the truth known. if i had tried and failed then i would perhaps resign myself to the job. knowing me though, i would resign.

doing that kind of job and pretending that you are sworn to secrecy???) whilst you know the policy is so detrimentally affecting a much much bigger picture than just yourself is like working for the government, knowing they are allowing drugs to be smuggled in and saying nothing. its cowardice and apathy and irresponsibility. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Examinus wrote:
    He was quite a nice man though. A bit creepy when he asked my Mum out, but he went away when he finally realised what **** off means :)

Beast, Hello Mrs Examinus........ :D

HeHe :D

"hello, I'm here to clean your drain's, Oh, btw do you like jewels and the like?, ...... yes, .... suck me c**k - it's a gem" :D:D:D

:)
  • Options
    Andy BAndy B Posts: 15,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuck...True sham, thanks for sharing lala. :eek: :)
  • Options
    SteUKSteUK Posts: 5,834
    Forum Member
    lala wrote:
    She then pressed on with the main question;
    "So, were you born abroad or here?"

"As you can guess from my accent, here in London", I had to say this through gritted teeth as the cheek of the question was quite something.

But then the next question came as quickly as the first,
    "Are you first or second generation born here?"
    All I can say is well done for keeping your cool! :) If that was me and she had been asking me those questions, i'd have just turned around and simply said "what the f*ck's it got to do with you?".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SteUK wrote:
    All I can say is well done for keeping your cool! :) If that was me and she had been asking me those questions, i'd have just turned around and simply said "what the f*ck's it got to do with you?".

Me too. And if I'd been sitting in the carriage while she sat and told a young girl that her party would pay for them to 'go home', I'd have walked over and told her to get the f**k out of my sight before I personally threw her off the train.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SteUK wrote:
    True maybe I should have said something along those lines. But I would have been confirming their suspicions of the behavior of the 'other folk'.

As I said in my OP, to answer rudeness, you have to give back kindness.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lala, I admire the grace you showed in an extremely difficult situation :)
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    TheSarge wrote:
    A lot of people also believe that they kicked off the trouble in Bradford, which started the Race Riots in 2001.

One of them being me, I'm slightly suspicious that the Riots in Bradford happened the same day that the NF decided to march in Bradford..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of them being me, I'm slightly suspicious that the Riots in Bradford happened the same day that the NF decided to march in Bradford..

And Oldham. It was no coincidence those BNP ****ers were in town the same afternoon those riots kicked off.
  • Options
    SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a girl who freely admits she supports the BNP.

She comes from the local sink estate where they are seething about "Asylum seekers coming here and stealing our jobs", strangely the majority of these people are workshy pikey;s who scrounge off the state and have never done a days work in their lives.

Funny that :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a girl who freely admits she supports the BNP.

She comes from the local sink estate where they are seething about "Asylum seekers coming here and stealing our jobs", strangely the majority of these people are workshy pikey;s who scrounge off the state and have never done a days work in their lives.

Funny that :rolleyes:

Yeah, but they are jobs that they could of had :rolleyes:

I bet the girls have lots of children half their age :eek: