Options

BBC HD is on !!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
Forum Member
Hearing that BBC HD is already on:

Astra 28.2°E 10847 V 22000
MPEG-4 DVB-S
Channel name: "6940"

Cant check right now - could someone try ??

Thanks, Caesar

Comments

• Options
    bayardsbayards Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm rushing downstairs now - hang on!!!

Howard (back from Africa)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope - and had a look with DVB-S2 as well :)

There are several BBC 1 variants on that channel (Channel Islands) and some T4 spin-offs but nowt else.

H
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What receiver do you have ? The guy who posted the info has a Pace DS810XE

The guy also says he can watch Discovery HD on Astra 28.2°E 12324 V 28250 / MPEG-4 DVB-S2. Not encrypted, as per the info on Lyngsat
  • Options
    remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Its using a special type of encoding its not HD its upscalled to whatever.

I cant decode it using regular standard h.264 codecs that other broadcasters are using.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Humax PRD-HD1000 (MPEG 4 and DVB-S plus DVB-S2).

H

I'll check the Discovery too....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Strange... Looks like the Pace DS810XE is the one to have...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope - all the Sky channels are beaming strong signals using DVB-S2 - but as usual nothing to lock on to. Although Lyngsat shows Discovery as "clear" - there has been no updates on www.kingofsat.net since mid March....

H
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why the h*ll cant the Humax 1000/2000 lock on to these channels while the PACE can ?? I'm getting worried we wont be able to receive BBC HD at all on our Humaxes, at least with the current firmware
  • Options
    andybno1andybno1 Posts: 6,142
    Forum Member
    apparently BBC HD will be available on Sky from 15th May
  • Options
    remlapremlap Posts: 6,256
    Forum Member
    Why the h*ll cant the Humax 1000/2000 lock on to these channels while the PACE can ?? I'm getting worried we wont be able to receive BBC HD at all on our Humaxes, at least with the current firmware

Its to with the encoding!

Its using MBAFF (mixture of interlaced and progressive macroblocks within a frame)

Whatever that means.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is there still some hope that Humax will release an appropriate firmware ?! Has anyone mentioned to them the problem ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Others users on this forum (and AVSFORUMS) with Pace have said they can't see Sky HD yet either....

H
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Video is at 17.6Mbits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks bayards

Weird - the source seemed to be relatively reliable... will investigate
  • Options
    Forum Member
    vbsx - not sure what you mean but HUMAX HDCI-2000 specs sheet says "Input Rate: 15 MB/s Max". Does this have any link ? Could that be one of the problems ?
  • Options
    Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    15 MB/s would be eight times the speed of 15mbits/sec, making it considerably faster than the reported 17.6mbit...

So I'd wager: "no".
  • Options
    Rd100Rd100 Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had that receiver the 810 i had three replacements as they have bad firnware and hardware problems, I am going to get the humax 2000 or wait untill the technomates hd receiver comes out in september

What receiver do you have ? The guy who posted the info has a Pace DS810XE

The guy also says he can watch Discovery HD on Astra 28.2°E 12324 V 28250 / MPEG-4 DVB-S2. Not encrypted, as per the info on Lyngsat
  • Options
    jimbojimbo Posts: 16,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So can anyone with a Pace 1000XE please check this channel to see what is on it (vision). The sound appears to be the current play-out of BBC1 (not continuity) but what is on picture? Thanks. Video PID is 090E (2318).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Not that I know much about the whole thing, but someone mentioned kingofsat.net and I thought I'd have to take a look at a website called that and this is what I read.

From update 28-04-06

BBC HD Live Playout is testing in DVB-S Clear on 10847.00MHz, pol.V SR:22000 FEC:5/6 SID:6940 PID:2318/2319 English,2320 English. MPEG-4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I mentioned kingofsat. They haven't put those details into the HD listing page yet - so perhaps it is an intermittent test. No sign on the Humax of that channel at 0829 on Sat 29 April....

H
  • Options
    HellicopterHellicopter Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The channel is obviously there.Even found it on my Echostar as a radio channel but with no video pid.
    Whilst it is a test , they are obviously not transmitting the video pid which needs to be entered manually.
    Shame we cannot do this on the Humax.

Still , should be fine once they go to full transmission.
    (above with help from Muf)

Alan
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurry up BBC and put a picture there. I want to know what satellite equipment would be compatible with this, assuming it remains DVB-S.
  • Options
    HellicopterHellicopter Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    BBC have stated it will switch to DVB S-2 at some point.

Alan
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBC have stated it will switch to DVB S-2 at some point.

Alan

I don't expect it during the trial, certainly not in the early stages (World Cup, Wimbledon).

They need a whole transponder to broadcast DVB-S2 on, right now they only have 1 channel. Considering Sky use 1 transponder for 4 HD channels I can't see the BBC squandering that much bandwidth for their trial.

If its DVB-S until the World Cup Final I'd be a happy man.