Options

Sun - A Doctor in the house

OmahOmah Posts: 23,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
BIG Brother babe Imogen Thomas will have a head start in house mind games — she has a PSYCHOLOGY degree.

Her mum Janet Radford said last night: “She’s got an honours degree in health care and psychology. She’s really brainy.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2006210038,00.html

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    Well - all credit to the gal`s agent for getting her in the Media so much. :rolleyes:

I dislike her already! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geraniums wrote:
    Well - all credit to the gal`s agent for getting her in the Media so much. :rolleyes:

I dislike her already! :D
    lol, me too. i'm sick of her already :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So another highly intelligent woman is dismissed before the show even starts - and people wonder why the show gets dumbed down !!! :eek: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omah wrote:
    BIG Brother babe Imogen Thomas will have a head start in house mind games — she has a PSYCHOLOGY degree.

Her mum Janet Radford said last night: “She’s got an honours degree in health care and psychology. She’s really brainy.”

Hehe only The Sun would think anyone with a degree is a Doctor :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    So another highly intelligent woman is dismissed before the show even starts - and people wonder why the show gets dumbed down !!! :eek: :rolleyes:
    erm, it's not her intelligence i'm sick of. it's her face (and body) that's been plastered all over the papers and the damn show hasn't even started yet!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:

Didn`t Sam also have a degree? A degree is no sign of intelligence. :D

If she`s getting this much publicity prior to even being in the show then I dread to think of the amount she`ll get if she ever enters the house.

Personally, I think she shouldn`t go into the house now. I`m quite prepared to actively dislike her just for the sheer hell of it. ;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr.Z wrote:
    erm, it's not her intelligence i'm sick of. it's her face (and body) that's been plastered all over the papers and the damn show hasn't even started yet!

Exactly my point - yet another woman dismissed as merely a face and body , while fms are constantly crying out for intelligent contestants - if we look beyond the face and body we might actually see something more , if we don't we're stuck with the 'bitching queens' of BB6
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    Hang on though, this was her mum calling her "really brainy" - she would be unlikely to describe her as "thick as pig-s**t :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:
    Exactly my point - yet another woman dismissed as merely a face and body , while fms are constantly crying out for intelligent contestants - if we look beyond the face and body we might actually see something more , if we don't we're stuck with the 'bitching queens' of BB6

Her face and body are plastered all over the tabloids in bikinis, leather gear etc. I doubt she had a degree in her mind when she posed for these shots prior to going into the house. More like a lucrative modelling contract. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    well if we are expected to look beyond the face and body (which i'm sure the majority of us are quite capable of doing thanks very much ;) ) then perhaps her agent or whoever is constantly drip feeding information about her to the press should shut up and let us make up our own minds about her when and if she appears in the house :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geraniums wrote:
    Didn`t Sam also have a degree? A degree is no sign of intelligence. :D

If she`s getting this much publicity prior to even being in the show then I dread to think of the amount she`ll get if she ever enters the house.

Personally, I think she shouldn`t go into the house now. I`m quite prepared to actively dislike her just for the sheer hell of it. ;):D

Obviously that's up to you - but can't complain about a lack of intelligent women in the house after dismissing her before you know anything about her.

P.S. Sam is nothing to do with this thread , yes she does have a degree , she is also intelligent so what was the point in your comment ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:
    Obviously that's up to you - but can't complain about a lack of intelligent women in the house after dismissing her before you know anything about her.

P.S. Sam is nothing to do with this thread , yes she does have a degree , she is also intelligent so what was the point in your comment ?

I can complain about anything I darn well like. :D

And as for Sam.........well I was just using her as an example that having a degree doesn`t necessarily equate to either intelligence or personality. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr.Z wrote:
    well if we are expected to look beyond the face and body (which i'm sure the majority of us are quite capable of doing thanks very much ;) ) then perhaps her agent or whoever is constantly drip feeding information about her to the press should shut up and let us make up our own minds about her when and if she appears in the house :)

It's the tabloid feeding frenzy brought on by the viewers impatience that is bringing us the information - if we were willing to wait until the show started then the tabloids wouldn't bother printing about the hms - I sincerely hope you do wait and make your mind up when/if she appears in the house , sadly i'm quite sure many others won't

P.S. Geraniums - your example proves you wrong , your insisitence in your right to complain proves you have no argument , i'd stop digging if I were you ;)
  • Options
    MRS LAWSONMRS LAWSON Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she won't go in anyway now that her mum's started blabbing, mark my words
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dangerman wrote:
    It's the tabloid feeding frenzy brought on by the viewers impatience that is bringing us the information - if we were willing to wait until the show started then the tabloids wouldn't bother printing about the hms - I sincerely hope you do wait and make your mind up when/if she appears in the house , sadly i'm quite sure many others won't
    the tabloids will always be out there looking for information about the housemates before they go in, but someone in her camp is providing them with that info...... ;) i will wait and make up my mind if she goes in (i have my doubts about that), although i really don't think the advanced information about her will do her any favours in the long run :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:

P.S. Geraniums - your example proves you wrong , your insisitence in your right to complain proves you have no argument , i'd stop digging if I were you ;)

I`m not sure I like always being a P.S! :D

I don`t need an arguement to complain. I can just whine for the sake of it if I want to. :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MRS LAWSON wrote:

I think I`ll start a rumour that her whole family are pushy wannabees. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    geraniums wrote:
    I`m not sure I like always being a P.S! :D

I don`t need an arguement to complain. I can just whine for the sake of it if I want to. :p:D

Oh well at least you admit it ;):D

P.S. For that , you'll always be a PS :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dangerman wrote:
    Oh well at least you admit it ;):D

P.S. For that , you'll always be a PS :D

Of course I admit to it. I don`t know her personality yet but I just feel like whining today. :D Just practising for when BB actually starts.

P.S Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRS LAWSON wrote:

If Endemol stick to their original rules then you're absolutely right - my own instinct is that those rules are being broken to provide the extra publicity i.e. Endemol are supplying the info themselves so she ( and the others mentioned ) may still go in .
    Alternatively it is possible an agent or agents have cynically jumped on the BB bandwagon to give their clients massive publicity which they can then use to further careers - only Endemol really know the answers ....

P.S. Geraniums , it is Monday after all - whining today comes after all the wining at the weekend ;)

P.P.S. If you're just looking to whine - why not whine about the discrimination against good looking women ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,177
    Forum Member
    The Sun ??

Hahahahaha, haven't looked at that rag in years

What they are doing sounds like putting out the Queen's speech transcript on Christmas Day morning for people that can't be bothered to wait a few hours, to hear it direct
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Omah wrote:

I find it depressing she's going on BB instead of working for the NHS. Surely they're crying out for healthcare professionals like her.

Other than that, I think it's great we'll finally have someone capable of decent conversation in the house.
  • Options
    RiseholmeRiseholme Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This woman has had so much exposure now, do you seriously think she is still going in the house?
  • Options
    roniftoronifto Posts: 4,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Riseholme wrote:
    This woman has had so much exposure now, do you seriously think she is still going in the house?

My thoughts exactly. I don't think we'll see any of the people mentioned at the weekend. They are probably in the dummy-run.
  • Options
    MRS LAWSONMRS LAWSON Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They probably don't even exist.